Am I TAME?

Started by thegayhare, May 26, 2007, 12:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

It's odd

Online I play at being this hyper active sexpot  but I think in reality I'm just boring

Sure I'm a perv in that I like to look at, read, and write naughty things but in reality I'm pretty vanillia.

Want to know the fantasy I have most often?  I consider this a sex fantasy even though it's realy not.  It's to wake up next to a mate, slip out of bed with out waking him and come back to serve him breakfast in bed.

It's like the things I consider my sinful indulgences

hot cookies,  ripe bannanas, a shower right before bed *my second I take one in the morning too*, the faux fur blankets feel so much better that way, some times if I realy want to pamper myself I'll stick it in the dryer to warm it up right before bed...

It's odd becuas when I sign in to the forum or FA these things just seem so weak,  I mean what with some of the things I writen and the inuendos that are my bread and butter among the forums.  it just seems so odd

sorry to yammer I guess I just hit an introspective vein tonight

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on May 26, 2007, 12:39:52 AMOnline I play at being this hyper active sexpot  but I think in reality I'm just boring

No role playing D:

(Just kidding.)

Quote from: thegayhare on May 26, 2007, 12:39:52 AMSure I'm a perv in that I like to look at, read, and write naughty things but in reality I'm pretty vanillia.

Want to know the fantasy I have most often?  I consider this a sex fantasy even though it's realy not.  It's to wake up next to a mate, slip out of bed with out waking him and come back to serve him breakfast in bed.

I think most of us (us being the six billion on Earth, not the six hundred on the forum) are pretty boring.  We might try to convince others that we are really more adventurous than we really are, but I think for a lot of us, we really are attracted to the concept of domesticity.  Of having someone whom we care so deeply about that we would do something like serve him breakfast in bed, and where one simple action carries the weight of a hundred remembered.

Perhaps, too, we think that it's more dangerous to be a hyperactive sexpot, but in reality, the things that are the most dangerous are our intimate relationships.  I can't speak from experience, but I suspect that one word from an emotionally abusive parent can wound us much more deeply than 100 bad sexual escapades.  And one word from someone with whom we've been emotionally intimate can wound us far more than bad sex with that same person.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Fuyudenki

Oh yes, definitely.  That is why I've discarded "romance" from my list of activities for the time being.

That, and I don't have enough cash to properly woo a girl.(wooing a girl requires cash!  Even if they say it don't, doing it properly do.)

And honestly, TGH, you strike me as pretty normal... though if you try to freak me out, you'll be banned from the forum before it bothers me.

The whole breakfast in bed thing sounds pretty romantic, to me.  Any guys you pull that on oughtta feel special, ya big sweety.

Aridas

I only wish you were.

Netami

If you come online and you don't wear many hats, play many parts, or pick between many masks, then you're a better man than I am. Anonymity allows us to express ourselves more often and in ways that we'd never achieve in real life because of a myriad of reasons. But some people take that farther than splinter off into completely different personalities. I can't, for example, pick up the phone because I can't remember which Me to be. Am I the mild-mannered, soft-spoken guy at work? Am I the completely supportive, cool-headed pilot that I am when using VOIP in an FPS? Am I a troll? Am I a pervert with questionable gender preference? Am I of questionable gender?

If you can be happy with how you behave online, have it get'cher rocks off and still be able to turn off the computer at night and wake up the next morning without feeling guilty and with being able to resume a normal, er somewhat normal, life without being chastised for what it is you did online then who gives a fuck if you're "tame' or not. The point is that you're having fun and still being true to yourself in the best way possible considering the different environments and their different rules. Maybe you're "true" self is what you are online, but it's not so easy to take that and apply it to the real world.

The people that can do that end up half-naked in pride parades. Good for them, but get off the streets.

Brunhidden

what are the chances the most boring of the forumers here have a life so interesting its about 23% or more of how cool james bond is?

none of the things you said you like sound boring to me, they sound sweet. someone sweet and huggable is just as good if not better then someone raunchy and bizzarre.

we have enough bizzare, and your own special brand is always welcome. if you need bizzare lessons just IM me and I'll hook you up.

QuoteThere are two million interesting people in New York and only seventy-eight in Los Angles.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

King Of Hearts

What Netami said.

Enjoy it.

Does it really bother you that you do not act in real life as you do in the net?

Eibborn

Psh. We're all dull. If we weren't, why would we be spending time on a internet forum?  ;)
/kicks the internet over

Zina

Eh, to be pretty honest, you always came off as fairly reserved when I met you. Both times. I mean, I see much worse on a regular basis. And there are far worse in this fandom. I suppose "Tame" is different for many people, based on what you've been exposed to.

Zedd

Your an alright dude...I have no single guff against yas

Miaka

I can't speak much for you off of the forum, since I really haven't spoken to you much... at all... >> but what you said right there, and from what I've seen from you, you seem really sweet, which is so much more important, and sometimes so much more interesting, than having a sex drive.

I mean.... coming up with interesting and new things to do in bed is always fun, but... I'd much rather come up with something more interesting and romantic for a partner that they'll remember.
(Granted, I'm horrible at that, but... not the point)

Brunhidden

Quote from: Miaka on May 26, 2007, 11:36:29 AM
I mean.... coming up with interesting and new things to do in bed is always fun, but... I'd much rather come up with something more interesting and romantic for a partner that they'll remember.

try making fruit crepes before they wake up, taking massage lessons, and customized stuffed animals.

and after all this the title still makes me think of TGH with a collar in a little cage, which is ironically exactly the opposite of the message.

QuoteThunder rolled. ... It rolled a six

thegayhare

Well to tell you the truth I'd like to be alittle more like what I'm like online

As in more outgoing...

When I go out with freinds I have fun and I'm silly and flirty... Just ask my straight freinds bf's I tease them all the time and they just laugh it off.  It's just I never seem to seek out that sort of activity.  If some one asks me "wanna go do something"  I'm there in a heart beat but I almost never instigate it.

Hell I have a hard time just using a ohone,  I always feel like I'm interupting something when I place a call.  Even if I'm calling the pizza place.

hell even my online persona is tamer then most people seem to think.  Some people who read my stories or see me posting tend to contact me thinking I'll hop right into cyber or somethng and talk dirty to them.  I just don't do that sort of thing cept with certain folks and even then not often and that tends to annoy some folks.  It's odd I've got a kinda bizzare sort of internet ethics. 

I like being the flashy sort with inuendo,  and to a lesser degree that carries over into RL  (you couldn't survive in myfamily if you didn't have the ability to fire off the snappy come back, if you could do it cleanly with ineundo it was a plus.)

Oh and Brun... now I'm going to have to find some one to draw me that

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on May 26, 2007, 03:07:31 PMI just don't do that sort of thing cept with certain folks and even then not often and that tends to annoy some folks.  It's odd I've got a kinda bizzare sort of internet ethics.

I don't think that's odd, at all.  I surely wouldn't start cybering with a random stranger over the internet.  Just because you are being flirtatious doesn't mean that you're interested in everyone or that you only want one thing in a relationship, and I think that most people are this way.

(Actually, truth be told, I think PBH and I wind up enabling each other's innuendo--or at least frank sexual dialogue--to such an extent that we post a lot more innuendo than you do.)

Quote from: thegayhare on May 26, 2007, 03:07:31 PMIt's just I never seem to seek out that sort of activity.  If some one asks me "wanna go do something"  I'm there in a heart beat but I almost never instigate it.

I know what you mean.  It may sound strange, but it's hard to get me to talk in real life.  I don't know what the solution is, other than finding more outgoing friends.  And since no one ever really talks to me, I'm pretty much out of luck.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alondro

I'm boring.  Totally.  Nothing to see here.  So tell the FBI, NSA, and CIA to stop watching me and trying to get into my secret laboratory that doesn't exist. 

:mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Janus Whitefurr

I like the reasoning behind this thread.

And to understate: TGH is a wonderful and decent fellow as he is.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Kenji

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on May 26, 2007, 07:28:29 PM
And to understate: TGH is a wonderful and decent fellow as he is.

Who makes some awesome freaking snack-thingies. D:

Miaka

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on May 26, 2007, 01:53:00 PM
Quote from: Miaka on May 26, 2007, 11:36:29 AM

try making fruit crepes before they wake up, taking massage lessons, and customized stuffed animals.
QuoteThunder rolled. ... It rolled a six
heh. problem is, a lot of the stuff I would do is kind of hard, considering that both parties are in high school(Well, so Kaos is done within the week and I've still got two years, not the point)
Add that and he won't let me take him places...
Anyways..

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from, I used to want to be so much more like my online persona IRL... but that's just 'cause I had no friends and I at least acted like I had social skills online.
But now, I'm so much tamer online than I am IRL, and it's kinda sad. >>

Xuzaf D

Quote from: thegayhare on May 26, 2007, 12:39:52 AM
Online I play at being this hyper active sexpot  but I think in reality I'm just boring

Sure I'm a perv in that I like to look at, read, and write naughty things but in reality I'm pretty vanillia.

sorry to yammer I guess I just hit an introspective vein tonight
Shame be upon you! Thou hast spilteded blanditry uponst this forum... ith...
I think that means something ye olde tyme englifh.

Toric

My online/RL behavioral differences have made an interesting 180. When I first came to this forum, I was afraid to approach people and talk in real life, so one of the reasons I joined internet forums was as a way to practice my conversational skills in a risk-free environment: after all, if the people didn't like what I said or who I was, I could just vanish off the forum. Back when I first joined, I was quick to greet new members, took part in forum games, and made a few opening posts for new DMFA comics, but now I post much less often and in fewer areas (I rarely greet new members and only visit the game thread once in a blue moon.) This is because I've become much more social in real life. I have a lot of friends to hang out with (along with a girlfriend) so I have less time to spend on forums. So I've gradually become more outgoing in real life and more reserved online.

It's always interesting to examine one's own personality differences between real life and various electronic personas. Some, like me, are different with the same similar strain of behavior behind them, while others, like Netami, are so different and varied you have to take the time to sort out what you are in what environment. But now I'm just stating the obvious, so I'll end this post here before it qualifies as rambling.
Yap by Silver.

bill

I'm a foul-mouthed arrogant asshole IRL.

Completely different than on this forum, of course!

Reese Tora

I'm a shy and untalkative person IRL.  I think that being online really helps with breaking people's inhibitions, like alcohol, but without the hangover. (well, people who stay online until odd hours...)

It's a bit like being with friends or family: people you are comfortable with, though for different reasons.

And, when you asked if you were tame, my first though was that, if not, someone with a whip and a chair might be able to help... then I realized that whips and such were not specific imagery I wanted parading apron'd through my mind at 1 in the morning.
(That, and they'd be very counterproductive in inducing a 'tame' factor, I think. :P )
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

RJ

You shouldn't worry about how you act in different situations. The internet is just like another situation that you adapt your personality. I mean, for all you know, I could be an introverted hermit living in a hut somewhere in the bush, only coming out when it's time for an anime convention.

Kenji

Or Australian Idol. :3

RJ

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: RJ on May 27, 2007, 11:35:41 AM
That was a mistake :<

Yes, but yours, or theirs? :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Knight

QuoteOnline I play at being this hyper active sexpot  but I think in reality I'm just boring

Don't feel bad, you basically just described how everyone feels.

Brunhidden

just because you are the way you are does not make you boring or tame

take me for instance, i am for all points and purposes a housewife. i stay at home, never leave the house other then to grocery shop or go to a part time job at 1 AM, cook, chat online with a gay furr from Maine and a agoraphobic game designer from Australia, clean, and change diapers. thats it, i barely leave my house and the only person who EVER calls me is my wife.

am i tame? i have no idea, but i am a reasonably interesting person. the weirdest things come out of my mouth, i am probably one of only a handful of people who had an Ozzy Osbourne song at their wedding, i have a small armory of edged weapons hidden in my home, i know from memory how to make a working airship or a working trebuchet using only stuff from a hardware store, and i take notes on how villains and overlords mess up in addition to how they could correct their blunders.

i have no doubt you are more interesting and fun then that, possibly because you do not come in contact with diapers, and if you are better then me then you will never be rock bottom.

Yo, ho, haul together
hoist the Colors high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars
never say we die

Some men have died
and some are alive
and others sail on the sea
with the keys to the cage
and the Devil to pay
we lay to Fiddler's Green

The bell has been raised
from it's watery grave
Do you hear it's sepulchral tone
We are a call to all
pay head the squall
and turn your sail toward home!

Damaris

Our DJ played Tool at our wedding.  We scandalized the normal people.  It was fun >)

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with boring and tame.  Darkmoon, I'm sure, would roundly deny this, but we're as close to the suburbanites as possible as one with the long hair and prediliction for black and loud music can get.

We spend a lot of time at home, with the internet, music, movies, and television.  We putter and read.  Our closest friends are related to us.  But, really, as long as you're happy with yourself- who cares?  It doesn't really matter how others see you, as long as you're true to yourself and your values.  Follow your bliss and all that.  As long as you're happy, fuck the rest of them ;)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Knight

That's kind of eerie in light of my recent attempts of being a bliss ninny instead of a miserable intellectual.