Am I TAME?

Started by thegayhare, May 26, 2007, 12:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

Quote from: Damaris on May 28, 2007, 02:05:31 AM
Our DJ played Tool at our wedding.  We scandalized the normal people.  It was fun >)

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with boring and tame.  Darkmoon, I'm sure, would roundly deny this, but we're as close to the suburbanites as possible as one with the long hair and prediliction for black and loud music can get.

We spend a lot of time at home, with the internet, music, movies, and television.  We putter and read.  Our closest friends are related to us.  But, really, as long as you're happy with yourself- who cares?  It doesn't really matter how others see you, as long as you're true to yourself and your values.  Follow your bliss and all that.  As long as you're happy, fuck the rest of them ;)

Tame is lame. I say go for the gold!

But she's right, we're pretty average people, if you ignore our goth-ing up and really loud music.

However, I will state that, for the record, I'm as much of an asshole online as I am in real life. Far as I'm concerned, it's better to just let it all hang out.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Knight

That's so sweet.  I wish I could find a female asshole to marry.  (sniff)

Aridas

you should try to marry an entire female. it works better that way.

King Of Hearts

And remember!

When you rearrange tame, you get MEAT!

TGH is MEAT!

Brunhidden

Quote from: King Of Hearts on May 28, 2007, 06:02:09 AM
TGH is MEAT!

well thats pretty obvious, but theres just too many smarmy comments and mental images for me to choose from.

QuoteHealth nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

thegayhare

Everything is meat

I remember |Scifi channels old listening ear theater had a show about a group of aliens who found earth and were disgusted becayse "They're made of meat"

thanks every one

I gues being called a perv so much had started to get to me

Valynth

Well, everyone has to be tame in life unless you're leading the main taming force.  In that case you can go all sorts of crazy unless you have to actually get voted into that position, in which case just keep sane long enough to get on your final stay in office.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on May 28, 2007, 04:10:42 PMEverything is meat

That reminds me of a short story...

Quote from: thegayhare on May 28, 2007, 04:10:42 PMI remember |Scifi channels old listening ear theater had a show about a group of aliens who found earth and were disgusted becayse "They're made of meat"

Oh, I see you've read it, too.

THEY'RE MADE OUT OF MEAT by Terry Bisson.  Bonus: The old Houseplants of Gor (very safe for work, BDSM parody) that I keep trying to pimp.

Edit: Video of They're Made out of Meat (contains one F-bomb, and a couple OMGs, plus for some reason, the aliens are made out of meat)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Swift-Skink

I think that's very sweet TGH, and I wouldn't worry about being too tame, as I could quote, rather cliche though it might be, "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar". If flies are your thing, you know.

I'm not really that different on the internet then I am IRL. Probably more coherent, but that would be because I can see the start of a sentence, so I don't wander as much (I lose topic a lot IRL...), but apart from that, no big differences. I still have a massive amount of self-confidence (Narciccism FTW!) IRL, which does lead me to being on the recieving end of their jokes (Most of them have trouble laughing at themselves  :<), but still, doesen't bother me.

Although when I'm at parties, I do tend to play the jester. I'm like the only person who doesn't take singstar seriously ( I mean, come on! It's basicly kareoke with a score!) because at least I know I can't sing. So I'm the only one who, instead of standing there trying to get the notes right, is preforming an imprompteu striptease to Marvin Gaye's "I Heard It Through The Grapevine". They asked for it, I swear! >:3

So I wouldn't be worried about being tame. Being a perv might get you some good stories, but nothing else. And people will get tired of hearing those stories over and over again.

Besides, your awesome the way you are!

Also...

Quote from: Damaris on May 28, 2007, 02:05:31 AM
Our DJ played Tool at our wedding.  We scandalized the normal people.  It was fun >)

Tool is awesome. Normal people be damned!