03/08/09 [DMFA #978] - Stay and Watch

Started by Raiettei, March 08, 2009, 03:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raiettei

Whoo! For the first time, I am the first one to post!!!

How do you think Kria and Lorenda will help Dan out?

LoneHowler

Let him get at Regina perhaps? but I think letting him wear himself out is best.
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Baal Hadad

Whoops!

Should be #978, shouldn't it?  There's already a #976....

EDIT: Never mind.  :)

Darkmoon

Yes, well if people would learn to title their topics right FROM THE BEGINNING, I wouldn't have to scramble around to quickly do it for them.

Grrr.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Janus Whitefurr

There's a slight element of patheticism in that scene, for lack of an appropiate term. Futility, perhaps. He's clawing and flailing about but can't get through the door. It's the sort of thing that makes you want to just pat him on the back, go 'there there'... or maybe it's just me.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Zedd

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on March 08, 2009, 04:16:07 AM
There's a slight element of patheticism in that scene, for lack of an appropiate term. Futility, perhaps. He's clawing and flailing about but can't get through the door. It's the sort of thing that makes you want to just pat him on the back, go 'there there'... or maybe it's just me.

Anyone would good intentions would...

Turnsky

at this point he's prolly far more upset than angry, due being betrayed by Regina in the past, it seems that she really did befriend him in the past, if past comics are anything to go on by.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Terrion

Is it just me, or is Dan actually leaving claw marks on the invulnerable to physical damage doors!?  :erk

BTW: Looks like the walls immediately around those doors are equally resistant, lending credance to the idea that Regina is in a safe room...

!KCA

Quote from: Terrion on March 08, 2009, 04:31:39 AM
Is it just me, or is Dan actually leaving claw marks on the invulnerable to physical damage doors!?  :erk

BTW: Looks like the walls immediately around those doors are equally resistant, lending credance to the idea that Regina is in a safe room...

I was wondering about that, too. How is Dan putting scratch marks into a door magically reinforced to withstand a demon brouhaha?

Jairus

Quote from: !KCA on March 08, 2009, 04:37:22 AM
Quote from: Terrion on March 08, 2009, 04:31:39 AM

I was wondering about that, too. How is Dan putting scratch marks into a door magically reinforced to withstand a demon brouhaha?
Magic, obviously. Or plot-induced super-strength from pure anger.

Need sleep, thenmake post that makes sense.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Cogidubnus

I kinda went 'daww'. :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: !KCA on March 08, 2009, 04:37:22 AM

Just because the door is reinforced, doesn't mean the paint is...

And yes, Dan does look kind of pathetic there.  I'm agreeing with Turnsky - he's probably gone from rage into melancholy.

What I find most intriguing is the way his wings have shrunk, presumably as mass for the tentacles.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kipiru

I think Kria is just waiting for Dan to tire himself up to the point when she can try her seductive tactics again, that and she apparently likes watching sweaty men at work!  :mowhappy

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kipiru on March 08, 2009, 06:28:48 AM
I think Kria is just waiting for Dan to tire himself up to the point when she can try her seductive tactics again, that and she apparently likes watching sweaty men at work!  :mowhappy
I doubt he'll be in the right mood for that...

Kipiru

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 08, 2009, 06:33:22 AM
I doubt he'll be in the right mood for that...

Like he was before, but did that stop Kria- Nooo!

SpottedKitty

[...] that and she apparently likes watching sweaty men at work!  :mowhappy

That's not how you spell "shirtless"...    >:3

Also, I hope Lorenda realises her idea of help might differ in one or two minor respects from Kria's.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Tapewolf

Quote from: SpottedKitty on March 08, 2009, 07:34:32 AM
Also, I hope Lorenda realises her idea of help might differ in one or two minor respects from Kria's.

I'm curious as to what kind of help they think he needs.  There are a couple of things, which if strung together, suggest that 'Cubi sometimes do just go nuts as some kind of racial quirk.  Maybe they know about it and he doesn't?

Michael Chandra

Quote from: Terrion on March 08, 2009, 04:31:39 AMBTW: Looks like the walls immediately around those doors are equally resistant, lending credance to the idea that Regina is in a safe room...
Or the walls are part of the major building supports, which also were reinforced.

Oooh! His fifth tentacle switches side! First it's on the right, then we can't see exactly, then it's on the left!
If he shapeshifts properly he might be able to wedge the doors open.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Michael Chandra on March 08, 2009, 07:47:15 AM
Oooh! His fifth tentacle switches side! First it's on the right, then we can't see exactly, then it's on the left!

Well, it's not conscious. So I'd expect, it not being specific, that which side it's on depends on what he's doing with it. I'd also expect a certain amount of "handedness", or the tentacles on the left being better for brute work and the tentacles on the right for fine work, or vice versa. Theorising wildly, here, mind. Also, Amber has said that Cubi can easily manage 4-5 tentacles, but more than that requires concentration. Which suggests that more than 6 is doable. Or 12. Or however many you want to guess at.

The fact that, of the 5 he has, at least 2 have heads at the moment (although it's possible that which two keeps changing) is a sign that he's of a powerful clan. If he can get all five going, then I'd guess he'd turn out to be someone that most Cubi would walk wide around...

... since they wouldn't know about his promise to his mother. Speaking of, I wonder when she'll release him from that...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

figure since nobody else thought of it..

>:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Paladin Sheppard

Quote from: Turnsky on March 08, 2009, 08:17:36 AM
figure since nobody else thought of it..

>:3

Turnsky quote FTW!

Noone

Part of me wonders why Lorenda wants to help Dan, knowing quite well what Dan would do to Regina if he got near her. I know that they don't like each other, but I think that kind of crosses the line.

Raskahn

Does anyone else feel a flashback coming up in the next few comics?

Oh and Turnsky, Have a cookie :)

Raiettei

Quote from: Bluplatespecial on March 08, 2009, 03:54:26 AM
Yes, well if people would learn to title their topics right FROM THE BEGINNING, I wouldn't have to scramble around to quickly do it for them.

Grrr.

Hey! I'm sorry! I wasn't looking at the other topics!  :cry

inuhanyo

Quote from: The1Kobra on March 08, 2009, 08:39:46 AM
Part of me wonders why Lorenda wants to help Dan, knowing quite well what Dan would do to Regina if he got near her. I know that they don't like each other, but I think that kind of crosses the line.

We need to help him ()

• Kill Regina
  • Calm down

Under the circumstances, I'd stand back and let him calm down on his own.

It's hard to be sure, but it certainly does look like he's leaving claw marks on the corridor wall, in the second panel, and on the door itself in the first.

Well, now we know that Kria didn't know that Dan's an Incubus.   She and Lorenda certainly know now, though.
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 08, 2009, 08:09:32 AM
The fact that, of the 5 he has, at least 2 have heads at the moment (although it's possible that which two keeps changing) is a sign that he's of a powerful clan. If he can get all five going, then I'd guess he'd turn out to be someone that most Cu bi would walk wide around...
Back when Dan's tentacles first manifested, they all had Pip heads.  I imagine the reason they don't all have heads now is tactical, he wants some of them to be pointy and sharp.

... since they wouldn't know about his promise to his mother. Speaking of, I wonder when she'll release him from that...
Sometime before Aniz shows back up, I hope.  Though Dan does need more practice and needs to learn specifically how to combat someone with that kind of shapeshifting.   He should be hell on wheels against most other opponents, however, considering the combat skills he already has.

Tapewolf

Quote from: inuhanyo on March 08, 2009, 10:33:12 AM
Sometime before Aniz shows back up, I hope.  Though Dan does need more practice and needs to learn specifically how to combat someone with that kind of shapeshifting.   He should be hell on wheels against most other opponents, however, considering the combat skills he already has.

Note that Aniz would be approximately 840 years old, assuming he hasn't been slain by Edward Ti'Fiona or something in the meantime.  He's more than twice Abel's age - if it came to a fight I don't think there would be too much contest, living clan Founder or no.

That aside, Dan doesn't even have a grudge against Aniz  - Abel does, or did.  It's possible they reached some kind of accord, like with Devin (IIRC everyone wanted him to die too at first... he got better).
Either way, Aniz' wicked deeds were done 375 years earlier.  I for one would not want to be judged when I'm 40 by some cocky comments I made on usenet at 19, and I think Aniz deserves the same benefit of the doubt.

Arcblade

Poor Dan.  If he'd only learned to use magic, he might be able to get through...  >_>

Turnsky, your captioning is excellent.   :)

I'm kind of expecting at Dan to wear himself out now before Kria and Lorenda actually do anything useful. 

inuhanyo

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 08, 2009, 10:51:33 AM
Note that Aniz would be approximately 840 years old, assuming he hasn't been slain by Edward Ti'Fiona or something in the meantime.  He's more than twice Abel's age - if it came to a fight I don't think there would be too much contest, living clan Founder or no.

That aside, Dan doesn't even have a grudge against Aniz  - Abel does, or did.  It's possible they reached some kind of accord, like with Devin (IIRC everyone wanted him to die too at first... he got better).
Either way, Aniz' wicked deeds were done 375 years earlier.  I for one would not want to be judged when I'm 40 by some cocky comments I made on usenet at 19, and I think Aniz deserves the same benefit of the doubt.

Aniz was a dangerous lunatic 375 years ago, it's not likely he got better.  And while Dan doesn't even know who Aniz is, Aniz might try and threaten Dan to try and pressure Abel.  Or some of Dan's friends, there being no one else Abel seems close to.

While Aniz is not an opponent to be underestimated, he does (or did) seem to be subject to the 'Cubi weaknesses:  arrogant overconfidence and lack of combat experience.   Dan's adventurer background covers the second and means it's going to be some time before he might be affected by the first.

Of course, Abel seems to have had some combat training from Destinia, as his story progresses maybe we'll see how much.

Ghostwish

Quote from: Raiettei on March 08, 2009, 10:10:11 AM
Quote from: Bluplatespecial on March 08, 2009, 03:54:26 AM
Grrr.
Hey! I'm sorry! I wasn't looking at the other topics!  :cry

Oh don't apologize. He knows we all do it just to drive him batty.  >:3

On a more topic-related strand, I'm with Kria on this one. I'd just watch for a bit, see what Dan does.

.. then maybe open the door for him. But that's just me.  :mwaha

MT Hazard

"Super bishe powers activate!, Now ladies...who wants to give me a hand?" :mowwink

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic)