02/02/09 [DMFA #967] - Glowy Rat

Started by Lisky, February 02, 2009, 12:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

last panel is amazing...

and is Fi eating the spoon?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Seth C Triggs

I know a few cats that do that, actually. Heh heh heh...

-Seth
BIBP Webcomic - bizarre and NSFW - http://www.bibp.com

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 02, 2009, 12:00:11 AM
last panel is amazing...

I guess...biting the thing that poked him. :/

Also, I spot a cameo.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

senrath

Heh, yay Lion King reference (I think).

Also, does anyone else find Fi's growling cuter than it probably should be?

Gamma

Hehe, the hand placement on the shirt is funny. :B

"Glow rat?" Hmm, I guess Kria's circles don't run into many Warp-Aci or something. If most Warp-Aci are cooperative, I would think they would be useful to many creatures and beings. Must be a pretty good underlying cause for neither of them to have heard of one.

One of our cats Mo, short for Moron, likes to chew on metal if you give him the chance :sweatdrop
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

techmaster-glitch

When I first saw that, I thought Fi was purring and rubbing up against Regina's hand or something... :B

Slowtini

Who is that on the shirt.
My eyes aren't good at making out little things like that.

Azlan

Quote from: Slowtini on February 02, 2009, 12:44:55 AM

Look at the rant you twit... link at bottom...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Slowtini

Quote from: Azlan on February 02, 2009, 12:48:56 AM
Quote from: Slowtini on February 02, 2009, 12:44:55 AM

Look at the rant you twit... link at bottom...

But..
But..
It was yellow.
I was wearing those superbowl 3d glasses

HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW. D':

GabrielsThoughts

let's see Regina's shirt has some kind of red haired brown  thing with its mouth open wagling its tounge around...

http://media.photobucket.com/image/sari%20sumdac/DarkPrince128/Transformers/Animated/saari-1.jpg?o=8

is it Sari Sumdac?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

meany

Quote from: Gamma on February 02, 2009, 12:33:39 AM
"Glow rat?" Hmm, I guess Kria's circles don't run into many Warp-Aci or something. If most Warp-Aci are cooperative, I would think they would be useful to many creatures and beings. Must be a pretty good underlying cause for neither of them to have heard of one.

Quote from: Demonology 101 Warp AciMost races don't bother summoning Warp-Aci as they tend to be finicky creatures.

:B

senrath

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 02, 2009, 01:04:02 AM
let's see Regina's shirt has some kind of red haired brown  thing with its mouth open wagling its tounge around...

http://media.photobucket.com/image/sari%20sumdac/DarkPrince128/Transformers/Animated/saari-1.jpg?o=8

is it Sari Sumdac?
Nope.  Check the link at the bottom of the rant.

Sid

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 02, 2009, 12:37:37 AM
When I first saw that, I thought Fi was purring and rubbing up against Regina's hand or something... :B

Same here, actually! xD
And nice to see that Dan got promoted. In your face, Fa'Lina!
:boogie

Jairus

Oh, right, he's here to stop Dark Pegasus from being resurrected. Between that flash to Jyrras and Abel interacting, the slide show, Lorenda's issues with her mom, and Regina and Devin coming back in the space of three comics, I'd almost forgotten. No slight to you, Amber: it's just that the rest of it was a little more interesting in the short term than DP coming back.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Gamma on February 02, 2009, 12:33:39 AM
One of our cats Mo, short for Moron, likes to chew on metal if you give him the chance :sweatdrop

My brother's family called one of their cats "Kittiot" because she was so stupid.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 02, 2009, 12:37:37 AM
Same here at first glance, then I realized it was a growl and biting the spoon. Or maybe Fi's stealing a bite of her ice cream. :mowmeep

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Louis Spohr - Grand Nonetto (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sid on February 02, 2009, 03:30:15 AM

I don't think Fa'Lina ever claimed to represent the entire race.  The closest that would be is the unidentified feline tri-wing succubus on the Council.  It's possible that this is Cyra of course.

However it raises an interesting point.  My immediate thought was that Devin saw Dan and thought 'Cubi' - which would mortify Daniel "not-a-cubi" Tifiona.  However I don't think he has... that makes me think two things:

A) Kria was expecting an envoy from the 'Cubi race (that she said 'Incubus-level hot' makes me think she hasn't recognised his race)

Or:

B) When Devin said "The 'Cubi" he was referring to Destania singularly, rather than the entire race.

Getting more far-out, it also occurs to me that if 'The 'Cubi' is a single person, they might be referring to DP's incubus enemy - in which case Dan might be an envoy of himself.

**EDIT**
And I love the way Fi reacts to being scritched there....

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Fex

no matter what fi does he stays cute

Kipiru

Hmm, in the second panel Devin's tail looks a bit scalped, like there is just a single stream of hair going along it's bottom half. Death and cyborgization sure took their toll on his looks!

Akisohida

I really don't think he is a cyborg. Magic is more common than technology, yeah? I think his bones were damaged/missing by the time he became an undead and so A metalurgist was used to make new ones out of metal so he could actually function.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Kipiru

Quote from: Akisohida on February 02, 2009, 08:29:26 AM
I really don't think he is a cyborg. Magic is more common than technology, yeah? I think his bones were damaged/missing by the time he became an undead and so A metalurgist was used to make new ones out of metal so he could actually function.

I'm not sure about that- we've seen undead before and they usually are in a state of decay, not tempered to hide it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kipiru on February 02, 2009, 08:40:22 AM
I'm not sure about that- we've seen undead before and they usually are in a state of decay, not tempered to hide it.
I'd have to search for a reference, but it has been mentioned before that some undead get their limbs replaced.

Amber Williams

They do indeed Tapewolf. It really depends on how much money and connections one has. The average undead was once the average being...and most of them likely don't have heaps of finances to fling around for high-magic plating.

As for the representative comment, its more likely that Fi simply claimed to Devin that Dan was a representative because Fi forgot that Dan has an issue about others not wanting to know he is a Cubi. :3

Corgatha Taldorthar

Poor Fi........... Nobody *ever* takes him seriously. It would be amusing (at least from my point of view) if he went on strike until he got a little respect :p

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 02, 2009, 04:24:59 AM
Quote from: Sid on February 02, 2009, 03:30:15 AM

I don't think Fa'Lina ever claimed to represent the entire race.  The closest that would be is the unidentified feline tri-wing succubus on the Council.  It's possible that this is Cyra of course.

However it raises an interesting point.  My immediate thought was that Devin saw Dan and thought 'Cubi' - which would mortify Daniel "not-a-cubi" Tifiona.  However I don't think he has... that makes me think two things:

A) Kria was expecting an envoy from the 'Cubi race (that she said 'Incubus-level hot' makes me think she hasn't recognised his race)

Or:

B) When Devin said "The 'Cubi" he was referring to Destania singularly, rather than the entire race.

Getting more far-out, it also occurs to me that if 'The 'Cubi' is a single person, they might be referring to DP's incubus enemy - in which case Dan might be an envoy of himself.

**EDIT**
And I love the way Fi reacts to being scritched there....

Edit. This got me thinking.......

I still don't think that Dan is whomever Kria was expecting as an envoy. Refer back to Devin's line that "Kria has company over, so I'm making sandwiches", and he's making more than one or two. Unless people in DMFA eat far more per their body mass than huans do, he's preparing for some sort of party, and if they're expected, it's probably someone other than Dan expected to come knocking.

Of course, Devin might not know that, and might mistakenly assume along the lines of "I see a 'Cubi, and I know we're supposed to prepare for some large number of people coming over. Therefore, he is the leader of some group, and possibly an official representative." However, this line of thought has some problems, most notably that 'Cubi don't habitually eat. (Although how well that is known to non-'Cubi is unclear)

Anyway, it's something to chew over.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Would you want to disappoint Kria while she was hungry?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

I'm guessing Fi is eating makes her feel awkward   

Kipiru

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 02, 2009, 09:34:41 AM

Ugh, I'd hate to open that fridge: First shelf- file'o'mailman, second one:- delivery boy ribs!

Janus Whitefurr

....the line about only having to outrun the guy slower than you comes to mind for some reason.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Jairus

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 02, 2009, 10:15:12 AM

....the line about only having to outrun the guy slower than you comes to mind for some reason.
But what if you're alone when she gets "disappointed?"
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Mao

Hope you're faster than her and able to maintain it longer than she can?  Either that or just submit to your fate really.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 02, 2009, 10:37:58 AM
Hope you're faster than her and able to maintain it longer than she can?
Demons have practically unlimited stamina, IIRC.  If you're part-demon and have that trait, you might be able to do it.  Otherwise... well, it'll probably be quick.

**EDIT**

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 02, 2009, 12:00:11 AM

I thought Fi was having its ears scritched at first.  Now it's looking more like a puppy-fight where Fi won't let go of the spoon.