01/20/09 Perfect date (end)

Started by Lisky, January 19, 2009, 10:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

haha, first comment...

anyways, i found the little monologue to be touching, and true at the same time... personally i can say that i have no idea what true love is, but i'll probably know it if i feel it

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Corgatha Taldorthar

No surprise that if it started with Mab, it would end with Dan. Interesting new shirt he's got there. I don't think I've ever seen him wear green before, he always seemed to tend towards reds.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Angel

(bites her lip and looks like she might melt) It's so cheesy and romantic and sweet and well-drawn...

This might just be the best one, and there was no humor at all. Amber...you are a god of comics.  :hug
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Jairus

That sound you hear is me going "awwww..."

And he has worn a green robe before at the start of the Get Me To A Church arc. But it's a great pic, and a great way to wrap it up.

As for the immigration stuff... Yay Amber! Let's dance!

:ddrabel
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Amber Williams

DAN YOU ARE SUCH A SAP! :<

I had a really funny punchline way back when this mini-arc first started...and then Dan had to go and mushy it all up.

I will never forgive him for this. Ever.

Pagan

<sniff> All I can say is "D'aaawwww... How romantic"
He has worn green before, here
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 19, 2009, 11:09:30 PM

I had a really funny punchline way back when this mini-arc first started...and then Dan had to go and mushy it all up.

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you... but I'm sorry, Amber, this really is the perfect way to end it. It's just so perfect.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Jairus on January 19, 2009, 11:17:39 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on January 19, 2009, 11:09:30 PM

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you... but I'm sorry, Amber, this really is the perfect way to end it. It's just so perfect.

I don't know. I would have probably split my sides over something like a picture of Dan rubbing his cheek and saying "Ow! What was that for?" And then a second panel of  "So can I have your number?"

EDIT- Please delete one of these. I accidentally hit "reply" instead of "modify"
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lisky

i'd say Dan is a sap, except that sometimes i too fall into that category known as the hopeless romantic...

Though the way he's sitting in out in the middle of the night makes him seem a little more hopeless...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Ghostwish

And Dan's fanclub population goes ker-blewy..

joshofspam

Sniff it's so beautiful I think sniff sniff I'm going to cry.  :cry

Nice one Amber. :mowmeep
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Darkdragon

I liked it as an extremely fitting conclusion to the mini-arc; a nice tie in to the theme of the arc itself. And this comic goes to show Amber's expertise in comic making as her skill also includes being able to make a respectable comic with no action or humour.  :mowcookie

Cogidubnus

Some days - most days - the world seems distant, and my heart, while not dead, is comfortably numb to it. That inexplicable feeling of wonder, that intense longing, that sehnsucht, that joy that wells from the bottom of the heart, must be looked for without looking, and it does not come easily.

And then Mab goes and surprises me.

Thank you, Ms. Williams.

Don

Such a heart touching end..

I'm sure they are Dan, I'm sure they are..

Aisha deCabre

I too am one of those people who just went "awww!" at this (probably because I too am a romantic at heart).  It also probably shows that Dan's personality these days has a little more dimension the outgoing-type-lecher that he was at the beginning of the comic.  A good way to end the whole thing.

There honestly ought to be more romantics in the world.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Mao

Hehe, this reminds me of something that Keaton and I joked about drawing. :D

I wonder if she's still up for the Perfect Date:  Mao and Perfect Date:  Keaton.... hmm.

Anyway.  While I wasn't going 'Dawwwww' even I have to admit that's a pretty inspired block o' text.  I'm very curious though as to what the punchline was going to be originally but I certainly can't complain about this one.

Rakala

I have only one comment....
Awwwww.

Sofox

It's beautiful.

"Waiting for a star to fall..."

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 20, 2009, 08:55:09 AM

I wonder if she's still up for the Perfect Date:  Mao and Perfect Date:  Keaton.... hmm.
Last I heard, Keaton was hoping for a commission when/if Amber opens again.

Anyway, I think this makes a perfect wrap-up to the series.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kipiru

Great ending of this mini-arc! The story about the falling stars is awesome!

And as for Dan's clothing, yes he has worn green before, but this one seems a bit too gay for him, the design strikes me as something Abel would wear!

But, everything considered, Dan is The Man! Go look for that star dude! She may have already fallen and hopefully is blue and has four legs( Yay, Matilda)!

Alterationartist

BLUE FEATHER!!

"Honey, you've gotten so old and wrinkly"
-So have you.
>-You're still beautiful.

Natsume!

1 bajillion imaginary dollars for the series ref.
Round 9!

Aleolus

Dawwwwwww!  :3  How sweet!  Don't worry, Dan, I'm sure you're true love is out there, looking for you at this very moment!  *cut to scene of Matilda looking around in her shop for something*

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Aleolus on January 20, 2009, 01:53:10 PM
Dawwwwwww!  :3  How sweet!  Don't worry, Dan, I'm sure you're true love is out there, looking for you at this very moment!  *cut to scene of Matilda looking around in her shop for something*

Bet you anything Dan forgot her number.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sofox

Is that a complex subtraction problem or something?

Sunblink

Oh my goodness. I melted.  :love3

Yeah, I'm a helpless romantic. This is a fantastic conclusion to a great mini-arc. It brought me warm fuzzies.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 20, 2009, 09:37:34 AM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 20, 2009, 08:55:09 AM

Last I heard, Keaton was hoping for a commission when/if Amber opens again.

:shifty

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 20, 2009, 02:10:13 PM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on January 20, 2009, 01:58:12 PM
Bet you anything Dan forgot her number.

555-1234.

What?

Say, I was wondering how much for a sword out of your collection..........

Amber Williams

One day I will draw again for fun and for others. One day... :<

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on January 19, 2009, 11:02:22 PM
No surprise that if it started with Mab, it would end with Dan. Interesting new shirt he's got there. I don't think I've ever seen him wear green before, he always seemed to tend towards reds.

What green shirt? Ok, ok. I know I could use a new monitor to see those darker colors without turning black into gray by turning up the brightness, but I'm cheap, and broke.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Franz Schubert - Symphony No. 2 (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen