11/04/08 [Perfect Date #7] - No time, huh?

Started by Howl, November 04, 2008, 12:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

I think I figured Wildy would be ready to kill something.

Jer-oh-me

Heh, well Wildy's only really violent when angry, and I don't think the question is the sort to anger her. Anyway, I'm sort of in her situation right now so I can totally agree with this point of view, no point in dating when you're not ready. Though working out with Wildy would be cool.

Dagardo

She goes from sarcastic to evil in 2 seconds, and she's as unpredictable as all get out. So it's perfectly plausible that shes not gonna kill something.

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Dagardo on November 04, 2008, 12:51:59 AM
She goes from sarcastic to evil in 2 seconds, and she's as unpredictable as all get out. So it's perfectly plausible that shes not gonna kill something.

True, but she's also shown a lot of restraint, except when people push her buttons, and personally I'd not want to do that, I enjoy having my pelvis not adjacent to my collarbone.

icarus

wildy has a damn intelligent stance on it.

and i for one honestly can't understand people who feel the *need* for constantly being in relationships, or those who think relationships > friendships.

bros before hos, man.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Jer-oh-me

Though I don't approve of the choice of words in 'bros before hos' I do agree that friends before relationships is a good prioritization.

Kipiru

As logical as such an answer may sound, most of the times it is brought up by some sort of rescent disappointment, that has left the person unable to commit to anyone at the moment. Mind you that such decision are not made by the mind, but by the heart. The mind just finds the rationalization for it!

Dagardo

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on November 04, 2008, 12:55:26 AM
Quote from: Dagardo on November 04, 2008, 12:51:59 AM

True, but she's also shown a lot of restraint, except when people push her buttons, and personally I'd not want to do that, I enjoy having my pelvis not adjacent to my collarbone.

Also true, but about the only one's who push her buttons, as you say, are ones who kidnap her friends, for example, like the SAIA arc, or Biggs. Or the stupidest people who have walked the land.

Quote from: icarus on November 04, 2008, 12:56:00 AM
and i for one honestly can't understand people who feel the *need* for constantly being in relationships, or those who think relationships > friendships.

That's some thing we all should know. We don't *need* to be in a relationship, sometimes, or even most of the time, we're better off not being in a relationship. Foamy also has a say in this, see here. It's not a lot but it makes a point. Much swearing in it.

bros before hos, man.
This is good advice, although "The Boondocks" says homies over hos.

Kipiru: I can't find a response to that.//

Ted Schiller

Of course, she doesn't want a relationship tying her down.  She wants a relationship tying someone else down.     :rolleyes

So, vote Wildy King of Furre.  (She doesn't want the sissy title Queen of Furre.)

With regards,
Ted

Dagardo

I'll just call her Supreme Ebil Overlord of Furre.

Jer-oh-me

She can be my supreme overlord anytime, I'd be her willing minion! Besides, being a minion means I get all the fun of world domination, without the stress of developing plans. Plus plenty of adventure, I'd just have to watch out for secret agents, I'd probably subvert standard minion stupidity to the best of my ability.

And back on topic:

Quote from: Kipiru on November 04, 2008, 01:09:39 AM
As logical as such an answer may sound, most of the times it is brought up by some sort of rescent disappointment, that has left the person unable to commit to anyone at the moment. Mind you that such decision are not made by the mind, but by the heart. The mind just finds the rationalization for it!

I don't know if she's coming back from a bad experience, but then maybe she was expecting something to happen with Jyrras when she wrote the book and when he walked away when she offered to let him hit her she was disappointed, but that's the only thing I can think of that fits your theory for her. As for myself I haven't had a relationship in a while, and the last one just kind of ended abruptly.

Distracting

Wow, the worst part is that she's almost exactly like a good friend of mine. Oh well, fav character.

superluser

I suppose I really don't get people who aren't looking for a relationship, like Wildy.  Life is pretty short, when it comes down to it.  If you don't act now, you'll wind up alone for the rest of your life.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm scheduled to cry myself to sleep.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Distracting

Quote from: superluser on November 04, 2008, 02:26:19 AM
I suppose I really don't get people who aren't looking for a relationship, like Wildy.  Life is pretty short, when it comes down to it.  If you don't act now, you'll wind up alone for the rest of your life.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm scheduled to cry myself to sleep.

It's understandable to me. Some people (myself included) don't want some kind of relationship tying them down. I've known plenty of people who's greatest achievement will probably end up getting pregnant (right out of high school, even) and there are those that couldn't see themselves raising a family at this point. Differing priorities, I guess.

SpottedKitty

True, but she's also shown a lot of restraint, except when people push her buttons,

Only problem I see there is, Wildy's buttons don't seem to be labelled.

Ooh, what does this one do?  <poke>

>WHAP!!!<
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

mopman

Personally I agree with the concept of repression.

I think she has feelings for Dan ( may not be aware of it herself ) and since she instinctivly knows he is not ready ( for anyone at this time ) and sees her as just a friend she is playing the waiting game ( perhaps also unknowingly ) to make sure Dan is either out of the picture or that she is ready to move on.

But then I am a hopeless romantic.
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

terrycloth

She's not looking for romance, but you know, if she can go sweet to evil in 2 seconds flat, she can go disinterested to married over the course of a long weekend. Or a short weekend. Or maybe a particularly late night out on the town. :P

I've totally seen that happen to people who talked just like her. Not all of them by a long shot, but she seems the type.

llearch n'n'daCorna

wildy has a damn intelligent stance on it.

I'll grant you that.

bros before hos, man.

... And there you just went wrong, I think. Perhaps I'm just strange, but I prefer hanging out with my wife to hanging out with my friends. One of the reasons I married her.

Balance is important, of course - one has to have some time alone, some time with your partner, and some time with your friends, but you do need all three. IMO.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 04, 2008, 02:31:16 AM
Quote from: Jer-oh-me on November 04, 2008, 12:51:13 AM
Heh, well Wildy's only really violent when angry, and I don't think the question is the sort to anger her.
I don't see any anger here, just a little attempted violence.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Johnny Cymbal - Mr. Bass Man (1963) (SonicBlu's Time Machine Show - KWKAT)
via FoxyTunes

I actually doubt that Wildy would ever really intend to dismember Dan, she does however depend on how gullible he is for this torture.

Quote from: SpottedKitty on November 04, 2008, 03:02:49 AM

True, but she's also shown a lot of restraint, except when people push her buttons,

Only problem I see there is, Wildy's buttons don't seem to be labelled.

Ooh, what does this one do?  <poke>

>WHAP!!!<

Well, unlabeled buttons are meant to be tested, but one should be prepared to suffer the consequences of their actions.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on November 04, 2008, 03:38:44 AM
Well, unlabeled buttons are meant to be tested, but one should be prepared to suffer the consequences of their actions.

The scientific method involves testing... Beep! ;-]

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 04, 2008, 03:43:22 AM

Yes, it does, but if your hypothesis includes that the pushing the buttons of ferret you know to be dangerous, you should not be surprised when she maims you upon pressing said buttons during testing.

Dagardo

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on November 04, 2008, 04:38:36 AM

Yes, it does, but if your hypothesis includes that the pushing the buttons of ferret you know to be dangerous, you should not be surprised when she maims you upon pressing said buttons during testing.

Yeah well, if you do any kind of testing on Wildy that she didn't approve of of course you're gonna get hurt.

Hellcat

Corgatha Taldorthar

One wonders how long Wildy's attitude would hold up if she met a Being/Creature she really liked though........  *chuckles nastily* especially if they liked that outfit she wore in comic 173......
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

thegayhare

Turnsky

once for result, twice for verification, i believe.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Mao

I think TGH, that one would consider their close friends bros.. and the thing their snoggin' (or wish to be) hos.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mowser on November 04, 2008, 09:49:58 AM
I think TGH, that one would consider their close friends bros.. and the thing their snoggin' (or wish to be) hos.

Who is a closer friend than the one you swap spit with? Someone you trust enough to give them access to your intimate secrets, your self, your very soul?

Mao

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 04, 2008, 09:51:21 AM
Quote from: Mowser on November 04, 2008, 09:49:58 AM

Who is a closer friend than the one you swap spit with? Someone you trust enough to give them access to your intimate secrets, your self, your very soul?

Your wife.

"Behind every great man, there is a great woman.  Behind her is the wife."