2013/06/21 [DMFA #1411] Darn! I wanted that as much as Kria!

Started by killpurakat, June 21, 2013, 01:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

Ah, well, maybe Miss Soulstealer can convince the head of security to give us the story of her missing lower half later.  :3

Lorien077

I hope so too, it'd be an interesting read!  XD

Ya know undead are rapidly becoming one of my favorite races in DMFA due to how funny this arc has been, not to mention the range of designs.  So extra nice job there Amber. :)
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Kuzma Volkov

In response to Amber's rant " My grandmother still uses dialup. DIALUP PEOPLE."

Hey hey :P At least that is 56kb/s :P
I'm stuck on 32kb/s for the summer... Tethered Internets is slow to the point where just loading webpages is an hourly affair. That and they tend to throttle net even lower from time to time. :P So be happy you have a set limit that was an actually decent speed for entertainment online at one point in history. :P

MT Hazard

Mahlata, last seem in #1397 and #1398, seems to want to Kria dead and be in a ideal position to do it. Any guesses on her motivation? Or did we cover than in previous page discussions?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

justacritic

...she looks familiar?  :U
You don't think she's Abel's friend who got ripped in half do you?
Because if Abel's friends all end up Undead, that would be awkward

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on June 21, 2013, 10:16:49 AM
...she looks familiar?  :U
You don't think she's Abel's friend who got ripped in half do you?
Because if Abel's friends all end up Undead, that would be awkward

I think Amber nixed that one earlier.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

If she keeps picking at that it will never heal. :P

Edit: Also hope you recover soon, Amber. Hope Tailstake is bringing you enough chicken soup and orange juice to hold out the siege of the plague.  I can't help but think his comic is rather symbolic of the whole situation. All that hard work undone by one good yank.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Surzsha

WELL WELL. Looks like Kria might get the exciting trip she's wanted after all.

Also, I don't know why but I get the feeling this whole thing's going to go down into action-movie-blockbuster-parody territory. I could be wrong, though.

Lurkie

Quote from: MT Hazard on June 21, 2013, 07:11:30 AM
Mahlata, last seem in #1397 and #1398, seems to want to Kria dead and be in a ideal position to do it. Any guesses on her motivation? Or did we cover than in previous page discussions?

My guess is that Mahlata thinks that because Aliph Soulstealer wants to see the Undead race ended, that his sister does as well.  So, in order to preserve the Undead race (or in revenge for those Undead that Aliph has destroyed), she's taken it upon herself to remove the one she can get her hands on -- Kria.  (Sherry did mention that there were some folks who, ah, resented the presence of a Soulstealer on their island.)

I could be wrong, of course; there could be something completely different motivating her, but that's currently my best guess.
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Xan

Yeah, she personally seeing to the problem, which is Kria.

Quote from: Lurkie on June 21, 2013, 04:15:06 PM

My guess is that Mahlata thinks that because Aliph Soulstealer wants to see the Undead race ended, that his sister does as well.  So, in order to preserve the Undead race (or in revenge for those Undead that Aliph has destroyed), she's taken it upon herself to remove the one she can get her hands on -- Kria.  (Sherry did mention that there were some folks who, ah, resented the presence of a Soulstealer on their island.)

I could be wrong, of course; there could be something completely different motivating her, but that's currently my best guess.

Or maybe Kria was the one who killed her. :U
I doubt Kria would remember everyone she had killed, maimed and/or eaten in the past.

This switching back and forth between Dan and Kria makes me want a story with them going on an adventure together, maybe add Abel to the mix. I have a feeling an adventure like that would only end in hilarity, or it could be just me.

P.S. Get well soon Amber.

joshofspam

It's also an interesting fact that Kria and Mahlata seem serve under the same general capacity in their respective territories.

Jasae Bushae

I envy you people living in regions where better than 32 kbps is even an option. ^^;
In my region of the world, the whole thing can konk out for days at a time without warning due to repairs
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Lorien077

My guess is that Mahlata thinks that because Aliph Soulstealer wants to see the Undead race ended, that his sister does as well.  So, in order to preserve the Undead race (or in revenge for those Undead that Aliph has destroyed), she's taken it upon herself to remove the one she can get her hands on -- Kria.  (Sherry did mention that there were some folks who, ah, resented the presence of a Soulstealer on their island.)

Gotta admit I'd be pretty surprised if it was a different reason than this.  Mahlata may think that part of her position as head of security demands she overstep bounds to end Kria for the wellfare of the island's residents as well as undead in general.
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Tuyu

Quote from: Xan on June 21, 2013, 04:46:22 PM
My guess is that Mahlata thinks that because Aliph Soulstealer wants to see the Undead race ended, that his sister does as well.  So, in order to preserve the Undead race (or in revenge for those Undead that Aliph has destroyed), she's taken it upon herself to remove the one she can get her hands on -- Kria.  (Sherry did mention that there were some folks who, ah, resented the presence of a Soulstealer on their island.)

I doubt Kria would remember everyone she had killed, maimed and/or eaten in the past.
If she's any good--if she has resources to gather information beyond the island--maybe she's learned somehow that Kria is the one who brings Aliph back.  Eliminate her, and then him, and he's gone for good. In theory.

joshofspam

Quote from: Lorien077 on June 21, 2013, 10:47:35 PM

Gotta admit I'd be pretty surprised if it was a different reason than this.  Mahlata may think that part of her position as head of security demands she overstep bounds to end Kria for the wellfare of the island's residents as well as undead in general.

Something odd that I noticed is she has a change of clothes here if they are the same person. I can't really see the need for the Undead to change their clothes as much as most people because of their body's are in a strange state of stasis unless she was trying to keep her identity as the assassin as ambiguous as possible. Which seems kind of silly with how much preparation she seems to keep a distance from Kria.

Not to mention her name didn't appear to be mentioned when she was rigging that track. Could she actually be a twin sister or maybe a mother to the assassin?

MT Hazard

Quote from: joshofspam on June 22, 2013, 01:24:46 AM

Something odd that I noticed is she has a change of clothes here if they are the same person. I can't really see the need for the Undead to change their clothes as much as most people because of their body's are in a strange state of stasis unless she was trying to keep her identity as the assassin as ambiguous as possible. Which seems kind of silly with how much preparation she seems to keep a distance from Kria.

Not to mention her name didn't appear to be mentioned when she was rigging that track. Could she actually be a twin sister or maybe a mother to the assassin?

That or she could have just changed into her work clothes. People do change their clothes for reasons other than they get sweaty. She could just be comfortable wearing less normally.

Lurkie

Quote from: MT Hazard on June 22, 2013, 06:18:56 AM
That or she could have just changed into her work clothes. People do change their clothes for reasons other than they get sweaty. She could just be comfortable wearing less normally.

She's just gotten back from tromping about in the woods, playing with explosives, setting nasty magical traps.  Her clothes probably got a bit grubby, so she took the time to change into something a bit more elegant, something suitable for a diplomatic function.  I must say, that lavender and black number goes quite well with her gold-plated bones.

MT Hazard

Has anyone considered that some undead might be angry at their creator for 'stealing' their afterlife?

If they believed their souls are meant to go to a better place after death, only for them to wake up in a reanimated, damaged body I imagine some of them might be bit upset.

"You didn't save my life, you ruined my death, that's what you did!"

mithril

Quote from: Tuyu on June 21, 2013, 10:51:21 PM
Quote from: Xan on June 21, 2013, 04:46:22 PM

If she's any good--if she has resources to gather information beyond the island--maybe she's learned somehow that Kria is the one who brings Aliph back.  Eliminate her, and then him, and he's gone for good. In theory.
it is also possible that the 'work' Aliph/Dark Pegasus mentioned involved destroying a bunch of undead.. and he finally decided to take Kria's advice about having your real name attached to your deeds.. or in this case, the last name. since DP has been hiding out and avoiding the public since his ressurection, no one may know he's actually come back yet aside from the soulstealers, Dan, Biggs, and Destania. if he pulls off some attacks on the undead that do a lot of damage, and leaves clues pointing only to 'soulstealer'.. well for most of furrae that would point to Kria at the moment.

and Kria did tick him off protecting Dan.. using her as a scapegoat might be one way for him to get back at her for it.

Eboreg

Quote from: MT Hazard on June 22, 2013, 03:09:57 PM
Has anyone considered that some undead might be angry at their creator for 'stealing' their afterlife?

If they believed their souls are meant to go to a better place after death, only for them to wake up in a reanimated, damaged body I imagine some of them might be bit upset.

"You didn't save my life, you ruined my death, that's what you did!"

If they think that their afterlife has been "stolen", there's a pretty easy way to get it back...
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Ganurath

I like how, from a certain point of view, she's openly lamenting her failure to kill Kria, whom she believes brought the attack on herself. Wordplay of a nastier sort, that.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Xan

Quote from: mithril on June 22, 2013, 03:34:27 PM
it is also possible that the 'work' Aliph/Dark Pegasus mentioned involved destroying a bunch of undead.. and he finally decided to take Kria's advice about having your real name attached to your deeds.. or in this case, the last name. since DP has been hiding out and avoiding the public since his ressurection, no one may know he's actually come back yet aside from the soulstealers, Dan, Biggs, and Destania. if he pulls off some attacks on the undead that do a lot of damage, and leaves clues pointing only to 'soulstealer'.. well for most of furrae that would point to Kria at the moment.

and Kria did tick him off protecting Dan.. using her as a scapegoat might be one way for him to get back at her for it.

A good theory. But I think it is the least likely.
What I understand of demon politics they don't seem too big on the revenge thing, or at least the ones who are 100+ years old. I might be wrong.

The plan DP mentioned about destroying the undead race would take "decades if preparation to manage properly".
I doubt DP would do anything that would get Kria killed, since she the only one he would trust to perform the resurrect ritual, or perhaps was the only one that would do it since Kria is considered an odd one even by demon standards.

True, DP was initially upset about the "supposed" relationship between Dan and Lorenda, but later he toyed with the idea of having Dan and Clan Cyra as possible allies might be a good thing.

Of all the theories I think Lurkie's would be the most plausible. Though, yours is the most interesting Mithril, it sort of has a Game of Thrones element to it.

Quote from: Ganurath on June 23, 2013, 06:16:15 PM
I like how, from a certain point of view, she's openly lamenting her failure to kill Kria, whom she believes brought the attack on herself. Wordplay of a nastier sort, that.

Ooooo... Now that you mentioned it I see it too.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Xan on June 23, 2013, 07:02:29 PM
The plan DP mentioned about destroying the undead race would take "decades if preparation to manage properly".

Also, it's highly likely that the only people who know about it are DP and Regina.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lurkie

Quote from: mithril on June 22, 2013, 03:34:27 PM
[...] since DP has been hiding out and avoiding the public since his ressurection, no one may know he's actually come back yet aside from the soulstealers, Dan, Biggs, and Destania. if he pulls off some attacks on the undead that do a lot of damage, and leaves clues pointing only to 'soulstealer'.. well for most of furrae that would point to Kria at the moment.

I've no idea what the average Furraen knows, but certainly some of the Adventurers know that Dark Pegasus has returned from the grave... again.

As for DP using his sister as a scapegoat, I really can't see it.  Aliph is a very old-fashioned fellow.  If he had a grievance with Kria, he'd undoubtedly take it up with her directly.  I don't think that using subterfuge to get others to do his dirty work would set well with him.  It's just not proper Demonic behaviour.  More like Angelic, actually.   :)

Prroul

Quote from: Tuyu on June 21, 2013, 10:51:21 PM
If she's any good--if she has resources to gather information beyond the island--maybe she's learned somehow that Kria is the one who brings Aliph back.  Eliminate her, and then him, and he's gone for good. In theory.
This is... a valid theory, actually.

Any adventurer past the first class (and any gamer) knows: Go for the healer first. The beatstick might kill you, but you can't win until the Healer is dead, incapacitated, or out of juice. The third option takes too long and gives aforementioned beatstick too much time to do aforementioned killing.

Aleph keeps getting back up because Kria keeps resurrecting him because someone keeps leaving a body to be picked back up. So, stop the one that keeps picking him back up, then you just let Dan finish him off (again), manipulating him if necessary. After all, Dan's done so before, twice if I recall, so he seems competent and capable of performing the job, plus have a lot of personal motivation to accomplishing the task.

It's perfect for your typical puppetmaster type of villain who is too short-sighted to realize just how badly this is going to backfire if it all unravels. A more genre savvy xanatos gambit type villain would likely do more delving and realize that Kria hastes his guts almost as much as they do, and strike a bargain.

Mao

Pardon my ignorance, but where/when did we find out that Kria hates his guts?  Seems to me that at worst they've got a bit of sibling level friction and a bit of the stereotypical Demon mindset of "if he dies, he wasn't strong enough".  However, I tend to miss and/or forget things.

joshofspam

Eh, I wouldn't think Kria hates DP's guts. They have a standard brother and sister relationship going on, from the looks of it.

DP is the monotone villain of dark, theatrical and blazing a trail different from the Adventurers standard point of of demon rampage villainy that still cares for his family .

Kria is a fun loving, Rampage loving, ice cream chasing demon mare who loves her daughter. She also likes to push other peoples buttons as well. Notice how she made fun of DP's name when she walked in on Dan talking about him. My guess would be that she would have a similar view to her brother like my sister has of me....

Kria: "You are such a dork Aliph! Hahahaha!"
Aliph: "Grumble. Grumble." *Strikes another dramatic sounding alias from the list*

Jasae Bushae

My memory might be a bit off but didn't Kria offer to stop bringing him back if Dan paid her off?
She also recommended cremation as a way to permanently kill him.

Honestly...Kria didn't seem to concerned one way or another and even mentioned how every time pegasus comes back hes a little less himself
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Lurkie

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on June 25, 2013, 03:37:46 PM
My memory might be a bit off but didn't Kria offer to stop bringing him back if Dan paid her off?
She also recommended cremation as a way to permanently kill him.

Honestly...Kria didn't seem to concerned one way or another and even mentioned how every time pegasus comes back hes a little less himself

She offered to put off the resurrection for a month if Daniel paid her.  At the end of that time, she would check Alph's grave.  If his body was in it, she'd resurrect him.  If he'd been cremated, oh well.

Kria did say that she cared about her brother.  But, as you said, he is a little less himself each time he comes back.  This bothers her, I think, and is the reason she wouldn't fight all that hard to keep bringing him back.

Alondro

Arg!  So many villains!  So many secret plots and ploys everywhere!  I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!

*blows up Furrae*

There.  Now it's a nice, simple asteroid cluster! 

>:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif