7/27/2012 [DMFA #1327] #FirstFaeProblems.

Started by supermike, July 27, 2012, 05:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supermike

the first panel strings us on and the cake is a lie. :mowtongue
the suspense is killing me.

Sofox

Hah, there I was theorising about Mab's plans in the last thread and the first panel of this comic was like "NUUUUUU, YOUR THEORIES ARE ALL WRONG!!!!"

Anyway, it's a great strip, and it's a pity she didn't get what she was looking for,  some vacum packed freeze dried cake sounds great right about now.

Tapewolf

I really like the 'space mythos' design.  It would be fun to find out more about those at some point.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Wanderer

I'm in despair! The lack of an update on the Lost Lake situation has left me in despair!

Plotting

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 27, 2012, 06:12:32 AM
I really like the 'space mythos' design.  It would be fun to find out more about those at some point.

I seconds this! Llama mythos with horns who work in space would be very interesting.

And I am going to take a leaf out of Jyrrus's book and gnaw Amber's kneecaps off! Grr! Making everyone wait to see how Wildly and Abel fare against the B-O-B!

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Plotting on July 27, 2012, 07:59:41 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on July 27, 2012, 06:12:32 AM
I really like the 'space mythos' design.  It would be fun to find out more about those at some point.

I seconds this! Llama mythos with horns who work in space would be very interesting.

I third this! :D  I really want to know more about this space mythos species and how long their space program has been going on.

Icon by Sunblink

supermike

now wondering if their moon Mythos or just astronauts.  :mowdizzy
so many questions, so little plot.

Plotting

Quote from: supermike on July 27, 2012, 08:13:19 AM
now wondering if their moon Mythos or just astronauts.  :mowdizzy
so many questions, so little plot.

Well moon Mythos would make good astronauts, so they could be both. Or they might just be Mythos whose particular anatomy makes them really suitable for being astronauts.

Mao

For some reason, upon reading Mab's soul crushing 'my plans!" I heard the voice of the cabbage vendor for Avatar: The Last Airbender.

supermike

justacritic

Fae truly follow thought patterns we mostly sane humans cannot comprehend. Who knows what she was planning to do with that cake in the first place besides the obvious reason.

MT Hazard

Well considering Mab's age she' probably has billions of memories and god knows how many former personalities floating around in her head, makes me wonder if she will keep her 'current' personality for longer considering her best friend may live for three thousand years.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on July 27, 2012, 09:05:10 AM
Fae truly follow thought patterns we mostly sane humans cannot comprehend. Who knows what she was planning to do with that cake in the first place besides the obvious reason.

Maybe it's not so much the cake as "Noooo!  I can't stall Pyroduck any longer!" :3

Quote from: Plotting on July 27, 2012, 07:59:41 AM
And I am going to take a leaf out of Jyrrus's book and gnaw Amber's kneecaps off! Grr! Making everyone wait to see how Wildly and Abel fare against the B-O-B!

Well, you'll know where to find her this weekend, anyway...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ignuus66

Hmm, I am curious what those backpacks are for... Jetpacks maybe? Also I'm curious about the extent of the magical space program... Is it only the moon or maybe even further?

(credit: Gabi)

joshofspam

"Mythos in Spaaaaace!"

I have to admit the idea on fashion in space is cool neat looking. Probably also functional too.

Though it does make me wonder what kind of communication they deal with? Maybe instead of satellites, they work with moon based stations to bounce things to one place to another on the planet.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Brunhidden

llamas
in
space!

fun fact- the 'pigs in space' theme from the muppets was once used as a wake up alarm for the space shuttle
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

TacticalError

If the 'communications' are for commercial use (phones, internet (or whatever it's called in Furrae), TV ect.) then they'd only be serving the relatively small amount of towns and cities which are that far along the development line, and not justifying the cost needed to set up some satellites (let alone a moon base, if that's what Pyro and Mab are on). For military use I doubt there would be any nations that are a) far enough away for long range communication to be necessary and b) allied. Magical communication?

Quote from: Ignuus66 on July 27, 2012, 11:33:42 AM
Hmm, I am curious what those backpacks are for... Jetpacks maybe?

Life support? Just a backpack?

Eboreg

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 27, 2012, 10:06:20 AM

Maybe it's not so much the cake as "Noooo!  I can't stall Pyroduck any longer!" :3

I think it's just part of the whole "whimsical Fae" shtick. If she makes herself out to be a goofball, no-one will suspect her of being the scheming mastermind. I've used similar plans myself.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: Mao on July 27, 2012, 08:42:54 AM
For some reason, upon reading Mab's soul crushing 'my plans!" I heard the voice of the cabbage vendor for Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Kind sir, you have just won the internet.

supermike

Quote from: TacticalError on July 27, 2012, 03:04:02 PM
If the 'communications' are for commercial use (phones, internet (or whatever it's called in Furrae), TV ect.) then they'd only be serving the relatively small amount of towns and cities which are that far along the development line, and not justifying the cost needed to set up some satellites (let alone a moon base, if that's what Pyro and Mab are on). For military use I doubt there would be any nations that are a) far enough away for long range communication to be necessary and b) allied. Magical communication?

remember that A) Magic makes it way cheaper and faster (what took us almost a decade was don in less then five minutes by Mab). And B) only 14% of the human population is in developed nations

also with magic they were probably on the moons before they had wheels

lycaonpictus77

Quote from: Eboreg on July 27, 2012, 05:27:14 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on July 27, 2012, 10:06:20 AM

I think it's just part of the whole "whimsical Fae" shtick. If she makes herself out to be a goofball, no-one will suspect her of being the scheming mastermind. I've used similar plans myself.

Agreed. Though she may just be naturally whimsical, and throwing Pyroduck off her machinations is a sweet bonus.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

joshofspam

Quote from: supermike on July 27, 2012, 06:31:04 PM

remember that A) Magic makes it way cheaper and faster (what took us almost a decade was don in less then five minutes by Mab). And B) only 14% of the human population is in developed nations

Not to mention with solid lines of communication you have things like Giant Griffins and even the Mer making things just a little more difficult getting things around in the air, land and sea.

Space bouncing communication makes a great alternative to having communication lines being pulled apart by Griffins and Mers because they felt like it.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Lying Foo

Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Balance

Well, there are plenty of mythological critters associated with the moon(s), so it makes perfect sense that there would be some mythos species with ties to one or more of them.

I would have expected rabbits, myself, but who am I to llament llovely llunar llamas?

Plotting

Quote from: Lying Foo on July 27, 2012, 09:54:38 PM
Moon Mythoi Murdered Merlitz.

Murderous moon Mythos murdering Merlitz makes me mad!  :mowtongue

Attic Rat

Short-term life support in case of an emergency, with attachment points for larger packs such as Pyroduck is wearing?
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Amber Williams

Quote from: Attic Rat on July 28, 2012, 01:44:01 AM

Short-term life support in case of an emergency, with attachment points for larger packs such as Pyroduck is wearing?

It's the males of their species.  c:

TacticalError

Quote from: joshofspam on July 27, 2012, 07:29:02 PM
Quote from: supermike on July 27, 2012, 06:31:04 PM

Not to mention with solid lines of communication you have things like Giant Griffins and even the Mer making things just a little more difficult getting things around in the air, land and sea.

Space bouncing communication makes a great alternative to having communication lines being pulled apart by Griffins and Mers because they felt like it.

So what's wrong with radio transmitter in city A -> receiver in city B or even A -> relay tower/mast/whatever between A and B -> B? Why would you need to send the signal to space?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: TacticalError on July 28, 2012, 04:36:13 AM
So what's wrong with radio transmitter in city A -> receiver in city B or even A -> relay tower/mast/whatever between A and B -> B? Why would you need to send the signal to space?

Relay towers are subject to being used as scratching posts by Gryphon C's. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ignuus66

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 28, 2012, 03:09:31 AM
Quote from: Attic Rat on July 28, 2012, 01:44:01 AM

It's the males of their species.  c:
Close enough  :paranoid

(credit: Gabi)