07/06/2012 [PF #216] - Look out behind you!

Started by ChaosMageX, July 06, 2012, 02:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Something is definitely scaring the crap out of both Jakob and Niall and the matching angles of their heads could mean it's in two places at once. :mwaha

Aside from the impending danger, we get to see another cameo by Ren, and that's always a treat, but weren't his wings a different color the last time we saw him.  I get the feeling they were, or my memory might just be failing me.

Finally, those are certainly some interesting old school formats.  However, if what the rant says is true about technologies being kept around longer, then why was Jakob saying that those vinyl-record-sized laser video disks were an obsolete analog format?

Icon by Sunblink

Ignuus66

Due to the previous comic I think the scream is coming from a certain yellow succubus. I'm guessing Jakob messed with the device and it teleported her.. To them? (also I think they are looking in the same direction)

(credit: Gabi)

justacritic

It's a pity you only have a few panels, that and drawing out an entire commercial would be too time consuming. Yet that commercial didn't really say what Jayhawk was advertising in the first place or was it meant to be like that?

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on July 06, 2012, 08:56:30 AM
It's a pity you only have a few panels, that and drawing out an entire commercial would be too time consuming. Yet that commercial didn't really say what Jayhawk was advertising in the first place or was it meant to be like that?

Yeah, I wasn't happy with that side of things.  Maybe a '30 seconds later' panel or something would have helped.  I might go back and revisit this.

EDIT: To clarify, in the original story it referenced some lyrics which are copyrighted, so I decided it would be best to chop most of that out.  The result being that we get to see the start and the very end of the advert, not the stuff in between.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Hmmmmmmmmm....A cameo of Ren and a scream from somewhere off panel.

Who could be startled on base?

I suppose that it could be several people besides Keaton. We have a person in one of the panther bodies, there's also Josh and possibly Dorcan if he made it back, Ephrael seemed like she could still be getting use to her body.

Then again, maybe someone beat Ashley at his own game of Scrabble. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Lurkie

But is the scream coming from Jakob's or Niall's side of the screen?

As for the screamer, I'm guessing it's Keaton.  Of course, if Jakob booby trapped the locket, she could have appeared immediately in front of someone else, who screamed in reaction.  *shrug*  Guess we'll find out soon enough.
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Ignuus66 on July 06, 2012, 02:54:05 AM(also I think they are looking in the same direction)

But they're conversing through a video screen, so direction can be irrelevant.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

I wasn't quite sure whether Niall should have been turning as well, but it was a bit late then.  That said, it's open as to whether he's actually at the production company or replaying the tape at a video room elsewhere inside the Jayhawk complex.  Either way, Jakob is closest to the source of the scream.

Tapewolf

I've revised the advert slightly.  You may need to force a refresh for the changes to show.  See if that looks better...

http://www.project-future.org/strips/comic/strip216.png
http://www.project-future.org/strips/comic/strip216-old.png

...and yes, I meant to do this yesterday.

joshofspam

Actually, all things considered Tapes, that's quiet an improvement on the sales presentation at the end there. Having the soul container there in the final scene of the commercial acts as a strong reminder and gives perfect focus on what Jayhawk Cybernetics is selling.

Nice revise.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Gabi

Indeed. And it's also good to see the end of that first sentence.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on July 09, 2012, 08:53:48 PM
Indeed. And it's also good to see the end of that first sentence.

It's actually coincidence that it ended up the same, I was going to rewrite it from scratch.

justacritic

Now that is much better! I can now understand what is being sold to the general populace.