01/20/2012 [DMFA #1279] - Blood in mah caffeine stream.

Started by Mao, January 20, 2012, 06:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Where Jy is right now, is where I am almost every single work day.

Sadly, I'm not as chipper as him while there.

Arcblade

Well I'll just point out the obvious... Hizell still being around (I think?), and Abel being of Siar.  Most probably, Abel would get killed if Hizell showed up.  I wonder if Fa'Lina planned this, or it just sort of happened and now she's worrying about him. 

Hope Amber feels better soon! 

Drakkenmensch

Some people tell me that four cups of coffee a day is too much. That amount only gets me up to normal.

justacritic

Hmmm let's go with that Hizell attacks Abel, Jy gets angry and counterattacks. The result of the battle would lead either the creature council to start moving, or beings get fed up with creatures leading to a civil war of sorts. Or Abel slips on cosmic banana peel and the same things happen. Given Abel's track record that would be more funny. :mowtongue

VAE

Meh, energy drinks. What one needs is a good solid dose of tea.

Tea gives life.
Tea gives strength.
Tea is liquid attention span.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arcblade on January 20, 2012, 07:40:40 AM
I wonder if Fa'Lina planned this, or it just sort of happened and now she's worrying about him. 
I think a key issue is that she's losing her ability to see his future.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 20, 2012, 10:51:38 AM
Quote from: Arcblade on January 20, 2012, 07:40:40 AM
I wonder if Fa'Lina planned this, or it just sort of happened and now she's worrying about him. 
I think a key issue is that she's losing her ability to see his future.

Not seeing someone's future is always a cause of concern
http://www.gigaville.com/comic.php?id=348
We all know how that ended.
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Kipiru

Worried Fa'Lina expression is pure win, though that reminds me of the fact she lost all her children and now is worried to lose someone else she cares for  :hug She is awesome (fanboy drool)

joshofspam

Quote from: Kipiru on January 20, 2012, 11:26:07 AM
Worried Fa'Lina expression is pure win, though that reminds me of the fact she lost all her children and now is worried to lose someone else she cares for  :hug She is awesome (fanboy drool)

It's even more distressing then what were seeing I think.

Remember also Ducky and a good portion of Dan's friends and family hang out together and despite what Abel has tried, he's a part of that group. If her reaction to what Aniz's actions against his son and wife are any good judging factor, she's also very set on how family and friends should be treated.

Possibly having Abel and Ducky at risk is bad enough, but she has probably developed concerns for others that live or hang around Lost lake with their relationships to her two adopted children.

Edit: Though there is, like Tape has said, something to be said about the gradual loss of her all seeing powers over Abel.

Get well soon Amber.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Attic Rat

Deep foreboding for Abel and Jy's safety is deep.

Caffeine is a liar. It makes you think you're awake while it clouds your mind with that odd buzzing sensation like your head is full of bees... And it makes you feel like you're going to throw up sometimes, too. Or maybe that was the fatigue. At that point it's hard to tell.

Good news! It's said that once you've had a given strain of a cold or flu, you're immune to it. Eventually, once you've had them all, then you never get sick again! Hold on to this thought, Amber! It will give you hope!
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Ignuus66

Coffee solves everything. other than sleeplessness.

(credit: Gabi)

Nyil

The answer to any problem is 'more coffee' - sleepless? Needs more coffee. Sleepy? More coffee. Cubi manipulating your dreams? Moar coffee!

I think Jyrras is onto something with his energy drinks.
A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.

Interested in high fantasy and art nouveau? Check out my art page! http://www.furaffinity.net/user/nyil/

Tapewolf

Quote from: Nyil on January 20, 2012, 05:02:44 PM
The answer to any problem is 'more coffee' - sleepless? Needs more coffee. Sleepy? More coffee. Cubi manipulating your dreams? Moar coffee!

Dragon torturing you and your friends to death to learn of Destania's whereabouts...?

Nyil

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 20, 2012, 05:06:46 PM

Dragon torturing you and your friends to death to learn of Destania's whereabouts...?

I think you already know the answer to that.

Yes, more coffee.

Interested in high fantasy and art nouveau? Check out my art page! http://www.furaffinity.net/user/nyil/

joshofspam

Quote from: Nyil on January 20, 2012, 05:15:59 PM

Yes, more coffee.

Hot coffee to the face would probably give you a few seconds head start in a chase. Just remember don't stop running. :P

Nyil

Quote from: joshofspam on January 20, 2012, 05:30:11 PM

Hot coffee to the face would probably give you a few seconds head start in a chase. Just remember don't stop running. :P

Don't forget to take a few sips of that stuff yourself - gives you the energy to keep running c:

VAE

Quote from: Nyil on January 20, 2012, 05:15:59 PM

Yes, more coffee.

I think you are mistaking coffee with castor oil.
Saphroneth

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: Kipiru on January 20, 2012, 11:26:07 AM
Worried Fa'Lina expression is pure win, though that reminds me of the fact she lost all her children and now is worried to lose someone else she cares for  :hug She is awesome (fanboy drool)

I think that by now she has more or less adopted the inn group as her family.

Don't mess with Fa'lina's family or you'll wish she turned you into dinner and a show Piflak style.

Naldru

Quote from: Attic Rat on January 20, 2012, 02:05:49 PM

Good news! It's said that once you've had a given strain of a cold or flu, you're immune to it. Eventually, once you've had them all, then you never get sick again! Hold on to this thought, Amber! It will give you hope!

As I recall my biology classes, the cold virus mutates so rapidly that there will always be new strains.

Perhaps Hizell would be interested in a demonstration of Jyrras's farming and mining implements.  A visit with MACE and her energy blades might also be of interest.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

justacritic

Hopefully Jyrras will develop "the big one" sooner rather than later

llearch n'n'daCorna

Pfft. You don't need to run faster than the dragon. You just need to run faster than the halfling...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 20, 2012, 07:49:19 PM

Pfft. You don't need to run faster than the dragon. You just need to run faster than the halfling...

Double Pfft. While the halfling only needs to make sure he kicks you hard in the shins before he starts running. ;-)

Though I do wonder if Jyrras is in as much danger as this foreboding scene change seems to make it. I mean Jyrras has a lab in his basement with possible weapons, Macy is armed, he has powerful friends ranging up to a Ducky and Mab. Let's not forget he has a super mecha griffin somewhere.

I'd be more concerned about the smear the possible murderer might make in Jyrras's mansion. Of course that might let on that he has weapons capable going toe to toe with dragons to the creature counsil.

BirdmanGA

Quote from: joshofspam on January 20, 2012, 09:39:48 PM

Double Pfft. While the halfling only needs to make sure he kicks you hard in the shins before he starts running. ;-)

Though I do wonder if Jyrras is in as much danger as this foreboding scene change seems to make it. I mean Jyrras has a lab in his basement with possible weapons, Macy is armed, he has powerful friends ranging up to a Ducky and Mab. Let's not forget he has a super mecha griffin somewhere.

I'd be more concerned about the smear the possible murderer might make in Jyrras's mansion. Of course that might let on that he has weapons capable going toe to toe with dragons to the creature counsil.

If I remember correctly, wasn't Jyrras' super mecha griffin destroyed with Mab's Glen?

Ignuus66

Quote from: BirdmanGA on January 21, 2012, 01:28:55 AM
If I remember correctly, wasn't Jyrras' super mecha griffin destroyed with Mab's Glen?
He rebuilt it, you can find it somewhere (not sure where tho)

Ignuus66

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on January 21, 2012, 02:56:17 AM
And now I'm worried...
I'm worried for Hizell too. I've got a feeling that http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_368.php is not a mining laser. Also attack abel and you anger Dan, Jyrras, and Fa'lina. Anger Jyrras and you anger Lorenda and Gryffin mech. Anger Dan and you anger Wildie, and Alexsi, along with Destinia. You get the point I think.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ignuus66 on January 21, 2012, 07:59:02 AM
Also attack abel and you anger Dan, Jyrras, and Fa'lina.

I'm not sure it's that simple:  http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1239.php

...it occurred to me fairly quickly that the one event which Abel and Pyroduck would not be able to prevent would be an adult dragon coming to the inn to assassinate Dan or Destania.  Plot-wise it's the best time because Dan isn't there himself.  If Abel managed to limp away but Alexsi was taken, Dan is unlikely to be particularly reasonable about it.

EDIT: And if she was captured, she knows where Destania is hiding.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 21, 2012, 09:08:35 AM
 If Abel managed to limp away but Alexsi was taken, Dan is unlikely to be particularly reasonable about it.

You don't give Dan nearly enough credit thar. :U  I'm fairly certain that if Dan realized it was the world's most one-sided fist fight and there was nothing Abel could physically do...he's not going to go ballistic on Abel.  Sure he'd be upset, but his anger would likely be focused on the one who attacked moreso than Abel.  Especially if Abel did his best to prevent the scenario.

Lore

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 21, 2012, 09:15:25 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 21, 2012, 09:08:35 AM
 If Abel managed to limp away but Alexsi was taken, Dan is unlikely to be particularly reasonable about it.

You don't give Dan nearly enough credit thar. :U  I'm fairly certain that if Dan realized it was the world's most one-sided fist fight and there was nothing Abel could physically do...he's not going to go ballistic on Abel.  Sure he'd be upset, but his anger would likely be focused on the one who attacked moreso than Abel.  Especially if Abel did his best to prevent the scenario.

Hey, now. People can't blow things out of proportion if you keep clarifying things!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 21, 2012, 09:15:25 AM
Sure he'd be upset, but his anger would likely be focused on the one who attacked moreso than Abel.  Especially if Abel did his best to prevent the scenario.

In that case I guess it would be make a good practical test for those self-control classes..