October 2010 Favorite Races Poll

Started by SilentSoror, October 07, 2010, 06:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Race would you like to see more of/ is your favorite Race?

Angels
0 (0%)
Arachspearians
0 (0%)
Beings
2 (13.3%)
Animal
0 (0%)
Crossbreeds
1 (6.7%)
Cubi
2 (13.3%)
Demons
2 (13.3%)
Dragons
1 (6.7%)
Fae
0 (0%)
Griffon (any)
0 (0%)
Hollow
0 (0%)
Human
1 (6.7%)
Insectis
0 (0%)
Mer
0 (0%)
Mow
2 (13.3%)
Mythos
1 (6.7%)
Pheonix A
0 (0%)
Pheonix B
1 (6.7%)
Undead
0 (0%)
Vampire
0 (0%)
Warp Aci
0 (0%)
Were
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: November 01, 2010, 06:19:46 PM

SilentSoror

Pending Approval of Mods I'd love to make this a regular thing.  I just love knowing what people think about Amber's creations, they are all fantastic!  Remember you can change your mind and feel free to!  I don't imagine that this poll will influence Amber one Iota and you shouldn't expect it to either.  This is just for funzies!

EDIT: It seems all the time I took Meticulously inputing the Races from Wiku wiki+  twice was in vain!  Having to do this on a phone was a failed experiment.  SHould a mod find this poll kosher It would be super to have some help filling out the rest of the races .... at least if I can't get to a computer before they read itr.  Love the comic and the responsible moderators that it's attracted!  HELP ME! Please ... er please

Tapewolf

Out of interest, why is 'Angel' separated from the rest of the Creatures?  (EDIT: Ignore that if you're still adding to it)

And is 'Arachspearian' strictly a race like the others?  I'm not sure they're actually sentient...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

SilentSoror

To be honest I don't even remember seeing any Arachspearians in the comic per se.  But the Wiku wiki had them listed so I figured they were like the Mer, a separate race not yet seen/ not intended for the comic per se but of the world.  And Angels are separate because Demons are separate .... and I didn't want mods to descend upon me with violence and rage for having an incomplete poll lol.  Looks like I should have been more concerned about the reverse.  Lol

Lore

No were?

EDIT: There we go :3

VAE

here they are,scaring people with spideriness and literature
also...  Angels , demons, mythos, undead  etc are all a subset of creatures... are you trying to substitute a ticking poll? I thought on this forum type both were possible.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

SilentSoror

I'm not sure what a ticking poll is to refer to, I'm not forum savy.  I added the Animal option for the odd few who love the true to fluff thing ... Though I may add Deathbringer and Robots  if someone thinks they count as separate races.  Sorry everyone I had to save each option past the first six individually.  :(( It was intense.
I kinda want to have a wallpaper thing for the winning race, tell me what you guys think.  I would front the cash to hire Amber herself.

Feedback!

VAE

I meant a poll with square windows and ticks where multiple options can thus be selected.... in this case you will have to add "creature" votes to every creature category when evaluating, at least in theory (in practice it's well known cubi will win by a huge  margin anyways :D)
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Amber Williams

Both the forum and the comic aren't really all that fast paced so I'm skeptical this needs to be a monthly or regular thing.

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

joshofspam

I'm voting in the Mow.

I'm all for change.

Wonder what political catch fraze the Mow would have?

"Mow! Purrrrpurrrr!"

Wow what a free thinker and well grounded mind. I can definitely rest easy that the days of the resetion are over now.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Darkmoon

Congratulations, you've the proud winner of the "Tearoom Tossup." Mao, tell them what they've won!

Mao

I.. there is no reward for this idiocy.  Seriously?  A Poll with that many options isn't going to yield any decent fucking results and honestly?   You vote in it once, express your favorite and then never vote again.  Why would you?  Do people really fluctuate that much in the things they like?  I really doubt it.  Monthly?  The comic updates what?  12 times a month, at best?  Not enough time for anything really fucking ground breaking in most cases.  Look, nice effort, welcome to the forum but yeah. No.  This was a retarded thread.  Oh and be sure to read this sub-forum's rules before you reply, I don't feel like smacking down another n00b right now as I'm in a great mood and you being a dumbass would ruin that me for me, k?

Long story short:  You tried.  You failed.  Your consolation prize is a free trip to the tearoom.

Quote from: joshofspam on October 07, 2010, 09:57:49 PM
I'm voting in the Mow.

I'm all for change.

Wonder what political catch fraze the Mow would have?

"Mow! Purrrrpurrrr!"

Wow what a free thinker and well grounded mind. I can definitely rest easy that the days of the resetion are over now.

Now, as for you.  I'm going to be nice and assume that this wasn't a cheap, thinly veild attempt for you to pimp your favorite U.S. political candidate and be an obnoxious ass about it while you were doing it.  But on the off chance that you are doing that: smarten up.  This is the DMFA forum.  No one gives a rat's ass who you voted for and how much you love them or what you think the state of the economy is.  It's an attempt to be a smug prick and no one likes that.  Thank you and good night.

joshofspam

No no just like the Mows and now I can see even though my vote in the poll was just because I like the Mow I can see that even though he said that this poll wouldn't influence Amber (Thus making it a poll of your favorite race in Furrae) that  the poll wouldn't allow for a comment like that. Thus in truth my vote didn't matter to Amber but I didn't really think it would  matter to you either and no one would be offended, taken as just fact.

Political view in topic is more of a view at times I don't really understand what people are talking about. With it being a poll it would be like an election. Thus a responce was formed as some political stage thing and to be perfectly fair to you it was a over the top.

Yeah. I need to think about this.
So sorry everyone, I'll be taking a time out to be thinking about this for a bit.
Wish you luck.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Darkmoon

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, is _that_ what he meant? I'm having a hard time figuring it out, since he's even more incoherent than e_voyager when e is short on sleep. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

SilentSoror

Yeah Monthly was pretty stupid of me.  Yearly would probably not be as necessary either.  Maybe if it were a once in a while deal, every few years ... eh I'll keep trying Amber's stuff is too good not to.

Anker Steadfast

oOooo ... the tearoom is alive once again ?
What have we here, a poll ? how quaint !

/vote Mov

:)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Shachza

*Hands Mao a popsicle*

I think that'll be safer for your blood pressure.
            <-- #1 that is!

Mao

My blood pressure is fine, but can I have the popsicle anyway?  I fucking love popsicles.

bradypodidae

*sends a flat of freezer pops to Mao*
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on October 08, 2010, 07:57:01 PM
I fucking love popsicles.

You're doing it wrong, Mao. That's not what you're supposed to do with popsicles, okay?

Mao

What?  Seriously?  But it feels and tastes so good!

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

Anker Steadfast

Drayco84

Quote from: Mao Laoren on October 09, 2010, 09:58:30 AM
What?  Seriously?  But it feels and tastes so good!
... ... ... ... ...
I'm totally with Llearch on this one.

Anker Steadfast

Ah, keeping your mind in the gutter, eh ?

Drayco84

llearch n'n'daCorna

Turnsky

llearch only takes his mind out of the gutter long enough to let others float past.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Anker Steadfast