She's here!

Started by Damaris, May 27, 2010, 10:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damaris

Amber made it to Indianapolis safely!

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

But will she make it out again?

:mwaha
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Turnsky

so you've awoken Mabthulhu, will your sanity survive?  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Keleth

By the end of 48 hours their sanity will no longer exist.
Help! I'm gay!

Paladin Sheppard

They had any to start with?

Lisky

*attempts to flee further north, hoping to clear the disaster area* D:

on an unrelated note, yay for safe driving!

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

hartree

Quote from: Drathorin on May 27, 2010, 11:48:25 PM

C'mon, this is Indy. And at Indy 500 time to boot. We're talking irresistable force meets immovable object where insanity is concerned.
Shoes for industry!

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: hartree on May 28, 2010, 01:14:37 AM
C'mon, this is Indy. And at Indy 500 time to boot. We're talking irresistable force meets immovable object where insanity is concerned.

"They're makin' a LEFT TUUUURN!"
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Ooooooooh. That looks so difficult. If only there was a way to make them do Left Turns over and over again for hours...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Daymond42

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on May 28, 2010, 07:22:34 AM
Ooooooooh. That looks so difficult. If only there was a way to make them do Left Turns over and over again for hours...

And yet... they still manage to have spectacular crashes! :o

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Daymond42 on May 28, 2010, 09:04:51 AM
Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on May 28, 2010, 07:22:34 AMOoooooooh. That looks so difficult. If only there was a way to make them do Left Turns over and over again for hours...
And yet... they still manage to have spectacular crashes! :o

To be honest, the *only* reason to watch nascar, is for the crashes.  :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Keleth

Personally I love my provincial car races. Nothing beats modified redneck cars crashing spectacularly when someone brings a Hemi in a Honda civic  :U
Help! I'm gay!

Madd the Sane

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 28, 2010, 06:12:00 AM

"It's an easy game to follow when you're hammered. *nod*"

Jeff dunham is funny :)
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Madd the Sane on May 28, 2010, 01:14:31 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 28, 2010, 06:12:00 AM

"It's an easy game to follow when you're hammered. *nod*"

OKay I know the fans in the stands are hammered and stammered with or without the Buds and suds, but the driver shouldn't be drinking and ah driving.  Because cars will be fly and fans will be crying for those cars will crashing and smashing their fans in the stands.

PBH

bradypodidae

Quote from: Damaris on May 27, 2010, 10:50:03 PM

Which arguably is more than can be said for Danica Patrick.  <.<
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Arcblade

Amber > Danica Patrick

...and pretty much all of NASCAR.  Just sayin'.   :mowtongue

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Damaris on May 27, 2010, 10:50:03 PM

Indianapolis?! :U Wow, hop one state over and you have where I live. :D

lilpuppy23

I wonder what she's up to now...

hmmm...........

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: Drathorin on May 27, 2010, 11:48:25 PM
lol. Poor Amber.  >:3 No mercy for her!

Shachza

Quote from: Drathorin on May 28, 2010, 12:07:59 PM
Personally I love my provincial car races. Nothing beats modified redneck cars crashing spectacularly when someone brings a Hemi in a Honda civic  :U

Wow...  I didn't know people would actually do that!  Former Mom #2 (don't ask) used to have a Civic with the bumper sticker "Yes, it's a Hemi."  The reactions she got were hilarious.  Now I want to see one of these actually Hemi-ed Hondas.
            <-- #1 that is!

lilpuppy23

I was watching the news yesterday. Wow! Some Spectacular crashes there at the Indianapolis 500.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Shachza on May 31, 2010, 01:15:16 PM
Quote from: Drathorin on May 28, 2010, 12:07:59 PMPersonally I love my provincial car races. Nothing beats modified redneck cars crashing spectacularly when someone brings a Hemi in a Honda civic  :U
Wow...  I didn't know people would actually do that!  Former Mom #2 (don't ask) used to have a Civic with the bumper sticker "Yes, it's a Hemi."  The reactions she got were hilarious.  Now I want to see one of these actually Hemi-ed Hondas.

Actually, the only Hemi'ed Honda civic I know of, kicks much arse.

It's kinda cute ... in a weird and gruesome way. :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Sunny

[I did overreact. I'm really sick right now. Sorry. *goes away for another 6 months or more*]

Mao

Overreact much?  I get that this might be a sensitive topic for you, but do you really think that posting a soapbox rant would help?  Beyond that, you took some harmless fun that folks were having and equated them to personal attacks on yourself and turned this in to an unnecessary drama.  Where did anyone call you a redneck?  No where. 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on June 01, 2010, 01:04:21 PM
Actually, the only Hemi'ed Honda civic I know of, kicks much arse.

Indeed it does. That's amazing. My hat is off to the odd character who decided to do that.

Quote from: Sunny on June 02, 2010, 04:25:19 AM
Just a quick FYI: The Indy 500 isn't NASCAR. It's IZOD Indy car racing for one. For two, the racers aren't "good ole boys" from backwards areas of the country. In fact there were drivers from around 25 countries that participated.  Indy racing is much more dangerous than NASCAR due to the open wheel format of the cars.
People die. Regularly. Racing those cars.
They aren't safe like Nascar's or the NHRA's. There's only so much a tiny shell can protect you as your flying through the air, hitting pavement at over 100 mph.  Heck even the NHRA/Nascar cars with all their safety precautions can't stop everything.

To put it bluntly: The Turn left comments hurt me as the daughter of a drag racer who grew up watching Nascar and such. Oh wow, stereotype me as the redneck from Missouri, thanks.    Imagine driving a car at around 200 mph going around a corner. Now remember those tight turns on the highway at 60-70 mph where you fear for your damn life as you turn? Yeah. Then picture cars all around you doing the same. Then picture you're taking that turn essentially on a go kart, and you've got Indy.

It wasn't a comment. It was a quote, from a comedian's act. Not offense was intended to anyone - the quote was from a NASCAR fan, as was the returned quote from Madd the Sane.

Neither of us were expecting anyone to take it seriously - I know I sure as hell didn't. NASCAR and Indy are sports that a lot of people put a lot of time and effort into setting up and racing, and both of them are dangerous, even with all the safeguards that can be put in. In all honesty, I take my hat off to anyone with a brass pair big enough to get in a metal shell and throw it around a track at speeds in excess of sanity.

Having said that, I'd expect them to make just as much fun of what I do as I make of what they do.

In short - relax, we're all friends here. Nobody was calling anyone anything. Chill out, we're just joking around, mmkay?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Sunny on June 02, 2010, 04:25:19 AM
[I did overreact. I'm really sick right now. Sorry. *goes away for another 6 months or more*]
*pats Sunny on the head* It's okay, we all have off days. I, myself, did not mean to offend anyone and was quoting Bubba J. from Jeff Dunham's skit Arguing With Myself.

Topic? What's that?
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Turnsky

knowing amber all that'd do is give her a sugar high sufficient enough to do a year's worth of DMFA's in a week, and then hibernate just long enough until the next convention.

or she'd phase through solid matter, not sure which. :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Reese Tora

Name the flavor, Passive, and by Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, they shall be delivered. :<
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Naldru

If it was delivered at Califur and she slept till the next convention, the next convention would be Anthrocon.  Of course, it might have been a reference to the same convention next year.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.