Who wants dead art pens? Anyone?

Started by Drayco84, June 04, 2010, 09:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drayco84

Huh... I found out what Amber could do with her dead art pens... (Stolen from the mind behind the Goblins web comic.)

EDIT: Image removed.

lilpuppy23

I find it strange that I'm considering buying some of Amber's Broken pens...

Anker Steadfast

When I saw that post, I thought for a bit that you were the guy behind the Goblins web comic.
But you had stolen it! Trickster!

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

techmaster-glitch

I can definitely see people going for this... :3

Shachza

You guys just cost me yet another afternoon!  Of going through an entire archive of an awesome comic...   ;)
            <-- #1 that is!

Anker Steadfast

Tezkat

Dead art pens aren't entirely useless. Some years ago, I attended an inking workshop run by an artist (I think it was Chris Goodwin) who collects dying brush pens and uses them to create some really amazing hair effects. :3

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Mao

I'm going to say this much: it's just a little bit creepy, in my opinion, to want to purchase what is essentially the garbage of your favorite artist.  I understand the concept of one mans trash being another mans treasure, but this to me just reeks of creepy stalker fodder.

Suwako

Quote from: Mao Laoren on June 08, 2010, 02:48:25 PM
I'm going to say this much: it's just a little bit creepy, in my opinion, to want to purchase what is essentially the garbage of your favorite artist.  I understand the concept of one mans trash being another mans treasure, but this to me just reeks of creepy stalker fodder.

You don't condone with me going through your trash? D:

In all truthfulness I still find it more among admirers, since it is still connected to producing art, if we were to inquire about getting her used underwear, that would just be plain creepy.  :<

Drayco84

Aw, but an artist pours their sweat, blood, tears, and a small part of their soul into their works. To have and hold a device that channeled an artist's soul is... Eh, you're right. It IS pretty close to creepy-stalker fodder.
But yet, some small part of me cries out: "Soul! Gimme a soul already, dammit!" Huh... Good thing that part is locked away... Could be disastrous if it got out...

Quote from: Tytaj on June 08, 2010, 03:22:13 PM
In all truthfulness I still find it more among admirers, since it is still connected to producing art, if we were to inquire about getting her used underwear, that would just be plain creepy.  :<
No, not plain creepy, super creepy, incredibly disgusting, and downright perverted.
And no, I'm NOT debating that part further, and even though the topic WAS covered by Ill Will Press, I will NOT link to it. I'm done and outta here.

Psychedelic Mushroom

Anker Steadfast

Alternatively, you could buy the stuff, not so much for the stuff itself, but rather as a way to help your favorit artist out ... sorta like donating monies to them and getting a small souvenir for it, you know what I mean ?

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on June 08, 2010, 09:13:35 PM
Alternatively, you could buy the stuff, not so much for the stuff itself, but rather as a way to help your favorit artist out ... sorta like donating monies to them and getting a small souvenir for it, you know what I mean ?
Hm... True, True... I know! Someone could buy the broken pens, money goes to artist, and then pens are disposed in a proper manner to not harm the enviroment everyone wins!  :3

Turnsky

actually i'd be more inclined to make a sculpture from the dead pens then sell THAT.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Anker Steadfast

You mean like this ?

But yeah, either way it would support the artist. :)

hartree

Oh, but you have not yet seen the depths that fandom will fall to, young Padawan.

Behold the horror that is Star Trek fandom. Referring to the movie Trekkies (stolen from culturevulture.net):

"   Then there is the matter of the Q Virus. It appears there is a character in the show called Q. The actor who plays Q came to one of the conventions as a guest speaker. He and all other actors from Star Trek TV or films are placed on the level of Old Testament prophets at these conventions, so Q, although ill with the flu, didn't feel he could cancel his appearance. Quite sick, he trooped up onto the stage with a glass of water to aid his ailing throat. Midway through his appearance he had a coughing spasm, and had to turn and spit into the glass he was holding. Sit down, you won't believe this next part. They then auctioned off the glass.  A person in the audience bid $60 for it, ran up onto stage and immediately drank what was in it.  "I've got the Q Virus, I've got the Q Virus," he chortled happily."

Yes. Some poor benighted soul bought a cold from John Delancy and infected himself with it. :mowdizzy
Shoes for industry!

Mao

Actually, I'm quite familiar with the fandom.  I don't care for it.  I like to call out the members of it when they're doing things that are blatant and would not go over well in civilized society.  Like ban evasion.  Or faking your own death.  That one isn't cool either.

Drayco84

Quote from: hartree on June 11, 2010, 04:31:14 AM
"One VERY good reason why he's glad that he's NEVER attended a Star Trek convention."
That's just sick, and I feel nauseous...
Yeesh, no WONDER William Shatner got short tempered with a fan asking a dozens questions on how the Enterprise would function...

Arcblade

Quote from: hartree on June 11, 2010, 04:31:14 AM
Yes. Some poor benighted soul bought a cold from John Delancy and infected himself with it. :mowdizzy

That's.. horrifying.  Ew ew ew. 

I could never understand why people liked Q.  I mean, yeah, he was charismatic, but he was a real jerk.  John Delancy did a fantastic job playing him. 

Naldru

I believe that this strip applies to the subject of strange Star Trek fans.  Besides, William Shatner isn't the one to ask how the Enterprise worked.  You should have asked James Doohan.  The only questions you couldn't ask James Doohan were those involving William Shatner.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

hartree

Quote from: Naldru on June 13, 2010, 05:55:47 PM
I believe that this strip applies to the subject of strange Star Trek fans

That's largely the case with any group of people you get together for a common interest.

Most will be fine. It's just that a small number will be "memorable".   :mowsmile
Shoes for industry!

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Naldru on June 13, 2010, 05:55:47 PM
I believe that this strip applies to the subject of strange Star Trek fans.  Besides, William Shatner isn't the one to ask how the Enterprise worked.  You should have asked James Doohan.  The only questions you couldn't ask James Doohan were those involving William Shatner.

Dan looks so human there, of course Amber has done quite an improvement in 7 years.