04/18/2010 [DMFA#1107] - Overload! Overload!

Started by RandomMetaphysics, April 18, 2010, 12:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 19, 2010, 07:13:09 AM
Quote from: Professor Fate on April 18, 2010, 11:34:37 PM
BTW: Mao, I love your new Avatar. Very Shiny.  :3
I'm less impressed with your sig. There are limits on how large images should be in your sig for a reason. When your sig is larger than a reasonably large post, it's too big.
Try just one line of images, not two. Particularly for images that large.
Eep, Sorry. :c I never read anything about that anywhere. My bad. I'm just a little OCD with keeping things organized.  :U I'll find a way to change the pictures so it's not in the way.  :x

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 19, 2010, 02:29:07 PM
Well, it shall be interesting to see how a Trout stuffed with Sunshine, Rainbows and Lollipops will taste.

It tastes quite good actually. :3

Though there should be a warning afterward, conversing with the leftovers can be a little weird........ :erk Or was that the other stuffed trout I ate......

Drayco84

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 18, 2010, 08:36:58 AM
Wow.  Over sexed much, guys?  I know the forum rating got bumped up to PG/PG-13 but seriously?
I know this is rather late, but...

Over sexed? Pffffffffft! Hardly...

Under sexed? Well, DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH! We're GEEKS! And a good chunk of us are single with ZERO prospects!
Of course, having a dirty mind doesn't help...

EDIT: I'm still expecting Pyroduck to make an "I CAN'T FEEL MY (Appendage)!" joke, BTW.

EDIT 2: Okay, FINE! BY "Us" I mean ME! (Huh... Awkward sentence once that switch is made...)

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 19, 2010, 09:32:22 PM
Well, DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH! We're GEEKS! And a good chunk of us are single with ZERO prospects!
I ish proudly a gaming/geek/nerd/whatevermacallit.  :3 >XD And I has a boyfriend! er wait...  :. He's a nerd too....... >XD Why do I have a sudden urge to sing "Geeks in Love" by Lemon Demon from AlbinoBlackSheep?  :sheep  Hahah!  :lol *gets shot for being off topic*  :B

Drayco84

Oh, and happy Alexsi doesn't scare me.

SHE scares me!

The worst part? She can bring you back to life after she kills you... And she normally wields a frickin' chainsaw...

Turnsky

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 20, 2010, 01:17:17 AM

SHE scares me!

i suppose if you were a web designer a broken image link might unnerve you slightly, but scare? aren't we being melodramatic?  >:3

Drayco84

Quote from: Turnsky on April 20, 2010, 03:26:27 AM
i suppose if you were a web designer a broken image link might unnerve you slightly, but scare? aren't we being melodramatic?  >:3
No, broken image links are pretty darn scary. Well, okay, prolly more frustrating than anything else...

And that's odd... Works fine for me... I found it here: http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/wallpapers/Princess-Resurrection/item94552

Turnsky

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 20, 2010, 04:18:00 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on April 20, 2010, 03:26:27 AM
No, broken image links are pretty darn scary. Well, okay, prolly more frustrating than anything else...

And that's odd... Works fine for me... I found it here: http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/wallpapers/Princess-Resurrection/item94552

i'd say it's a) cached, and b) they prolly have anti-hotlinking enabled.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Professor Fate on April 19, 2010, 03:53:39 PM
Eep, Sorry. :c I never read anything about that anywhere. My bad. I'm just a little OCD with keeping things organized.  :U I'll find a way to change the pictures so it's not in the way.  :x

That's not a reassuring response, that I bolded there. Try on the rules page here, under "Sig, Gender, etc" and "Resizing Images".

You have read the rules, yes? I'm pretty sure we're not subtle about recommending it. It makes it much easier to avoid annoying the mods if you read the rules...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Naldru

I seem to recall one anime where the girl character tended to cast huge fireballs and other deadly spells when surprised.  Fortunately she was good with resurrection spells.  The description of the anime, whose name I can't recall, indicated that she typically killed and resurrected her boyfriend at least once per episode.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Shachza

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 19, 2010, 09:32:22 PM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 18, 2010, 08:36:58 AM
Wow.  Over sexed much, guys?  I know the forum rating got bumped up to PG/PG-13 but seriously?
I know this is rather late, but...

Over sexed? Pffffffffft! Hardly...

Under sexed? Well, DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH! We're GEEKS! And a good chunk of us are single with ZERO prospects!
Of course, having a dirty mind doesn't help...

Hey!  I have my prospects!  It's just that she's not interested in a relationship right now and has a really REALLY scary ex...  And this other one just had a bad breakup from a very long relationship...  And that one doesn't know I exist...  And...  :sweatdrop
            <-- #1 that is!

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna link=topic=7298.msg322647#msg322647
You have read the rules, yes? I'm pretty sure we're not subtle about recommending it. It makes it much easier to avoid annoying the mods if you read the rules...
Oi. No need to sound rude there mate.  :c I have read the rules. I just forgot about the fact that the Dragon Cave Sprites change in size once they grow up. :B But they're gone, issue is solved, Everyone is happy. Okay? Okay. Good Good.  :3

Mao

He's a mod.  His default mood is unhappy and his most pleasant tone is classified as rude.  That's why we lurves them all so.

Naldru

On the other hand, people who make him happy haven't demonstrated a need to be smitten by thunderbolts.  (Although he has cast a few in that direction just for laughs.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Madmann135

Going by this episode one would think that with the time span and how close they were and are, it was only a matter of time before things got 'implied.'

After reading this page Fi'Lina's little request could be closer than we think...

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Psychedelic Mushroom

*instead of making a new pointless thread, throws theory here*
Okay!! Remember how people were like "Oh, Destania is not going to approve of Pyroduck and Alexsi?" Well!! I just rememered this while reading a few comics. The blue feather in Pyroducky's braid is Destania's! So this perhaps means that Mommy will approve of Alexsi's relationship?  :3 Haha! I shall wait and see *gets popcorn*

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

joshofspam

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 20, 2010, 10:06:22 PM
It is ?
Where is that mentioned ?

When Pyroduck did one of Q@A comics and boy did comic Amber ever regret that. :mwaha
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Pvblivs

Quote from: Professor Fate on April 20, 2010, 09:39:39 PM
Okay!! Remember how people were like "Oh, Destania is not going to approve of Pyroduck and Alexsi?" Well!! I just rememered this while reading a few comics. The blue feather in Pyroducky's braid is Destania's! So this perhaps means that Mommy will approve of Alexsi's relationship?  :3 Haha! I shall wait and see *gets popcorn*

My own speculation is that Destania doesn't know about Pyroduck.  He could have been given one of Destania's feathers by Alexsi.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 20, 2010, 05:23:25 AMYou have read the rules, yes? I'm pretty sure we're not subtle about recommending it. It makes it much easier to avoid annoying the mods if you read the rules...

I believe I've seen you subtle about 1-2 things, but not about this :mowwink

Quote from: Pvblivs on April 20, 2010, 11:48:32 PM
My own speculation is that Destania doesn't know about Pyroduck.  He could have been given one of Destania's feathers by Alexsi.

She may not know that he's at Lost Lake, but she may know about him (adopted by Fa'Lina). I think it's more likely that he got the feather from Destania directly or from Fa'Lina than getting it from anyone at Lost Lake.

BTW, I see in #235 the feather he's wearing is pink, not blue. Prior to that I haven't seen him wearing one, though in #74 he had a pink feather on his spear. I also haven't seen his tail ring between #70 and #235... ah, there it is in #263.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

He has, as I recall, two feathers, one pink, one blue. At a guess, one from Fa'Lina, one from Destania.

... but that's just guessing.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Caswin

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 19, 2010, 12:45:57 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't find happy Alexi to be scary ?
I don't.  Good for her, and good for anyone who runs into her and isn't thrown completely off-balance.  I do agree with the sentiment of not liking the idea of Alexsi "putting out" on the first date, but...

I was wondering how to end that sentence, then I got "Secret of Survival" stuck in my head.  So that's a lost cause.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: AmigaDragon
She may not know that he's at Lost Lake, but she may know about him (adopted by Fa'Lina). I think it's more likely that he got the feather from Destania directly or from Fa'Lina than getting it from anyone at Lost Lake.
BTW, I see in #235 the feather he's wearing is pink, not blue. Prior to that I haven't seen him wearing one, though in #74 he had a pink feather on his spear.
Hm... True. Wasn't Pyroduck's character donated to DMFA after a while though? So maybe the whole feather concept was changed? Hm.  :x

jeffh4

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 21, 2010, 05:11:24 AM
He has, as I recall, two feathers, one pink, one blue. At a guess, one from Fa'Lina, one from Destania.

Guys, guys. To understand Pyro's changing feathers, imagine him as being gay.

The feathers are a fashion accessory!  Pink for cloudy days and blue for happy sunshine!

Someone speculated a while back that Pyro was gay when we saw:
1) He was naked (albeit in dragon form)
2) His girlfriend was riding him (albeit on his neck)
3) She was screaming at the top of her lungs (albeit it wasn't his name)
4) Pyro was quite unhappy (albeit because this had happened before)

Now we add to this his sophisticated fashion sense.

Take out all the "albeits" and you've got 100% pretty boy! ......  (albeit repressed)   :mwaha

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Pvblivs on April 20, 2010, 11:48:32 PM
Quote from: Professor Fate on April 20, 2010, 09:39:39 PM

My own speculation is that Destania doesn't know about Pyroduck.  He could have been given one of Destania's feathers by Alexsi.
Or Fa'lina. Somehow I doubt Destainia's little ploy has escaped her notice.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Nino

What's this malarkey about not wanting Alexsi to put out on the fist date but not a mention of Pyro? Clearly this is a thread full of males when everyone is concerned with Alexsi's judgement calls but thinks it's okay (or at least expects) for Pyro to be as much of a man-slut as possible.

Just sayin'.

Pvblivs

Quote from: Kattuccino on April 23, 2010, 12:52:56 AM
What's this malarkey about not wanting Alexsi to put out on the fist date but not a mention of Pyro? Clearly this is a thread full of males when everyone is concerned with Alexsi's judgement calls but thinks it's okay (or at least expects) for Pyro to be as much of a man-slut as possible.

Just sayin'.

Or they don't think Pyroduck is capable of the rational thought and/or restraint.  The double-standard does exist; but it is not articulated exclusively by males.

Shachza

Quote from: Pvblivs on April 23, 2010, 01:43:20 AM
Quote from: Kattuccino on April 23, 2010, 12:52:56 AM

Just sayin'.

Or they don't think Pyroduck is capable of the rational thought and/or restraint.  The double-standard does exist; but it is not articulated exclusively by males.

We just hadn't gotten around to him yet.  If it makes you feel better, I don't like the idea of either of them putting out on the first date.

... but that's just guessing.

Maybe they're like innoculations.  He wears a small bit of the two things he's most afraid of in order to inure himself to their effects.  Fa'lina certainly didn't hurt him when she last glomped him, so it must be working.   :3
            <-- #1 that is!

Bjalf

Quote from: Shachza on April 23, 2010, 05:51:45 AM

Maybe they're like innoculations.  He wears a small bit of the two things he's most afraid of in order to inure himself to their effects.  Fa'lina certainly didn't hurt him when she last glomped him, so it must be working.   :3
Which begs the question why he's not afraid of Alexsi. What item is he wearing from her? Pink, frilly underwear?   :U   Inquiring minds are inquiring.