03/12/10 [DMFA 1092] - This doesn't look good.

Started by Howl, March 12, 2010, 05:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

So Abel does not take lightly to being called by his last name. This is indeed interesting. Both DMFA and Abel's Story are at a good point now. Absolutely excellent!

Tapewolf

This does not look like it's going to end well.  Not least because Abel's broken disguise.
Also, he's going to have to explain that hole in the bar-top to Alexsi.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Janus Whitefurr

And now I can go back to being grouchy that Abel is being snarked again. Woo!

Pip's gone from comedy Dan gnawer to irritating, really.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Mao

Gamma

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 12, 2010, 05:51:31 AM
*Ahem*  Pip be trollin'.
It's what some people* do for fun around here. >3

*Mao, nudge nudge, wink wink ;)
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Tapewolf

I wonder if he'd prefer to be called 'Abel Siar'...?

nicoreon the tyrannical

And this is the point that ether their is an interruption, or a new lampshade is hung.

Ghostwish

I'm not surprised by this little aspect of Abel's personality. His father's name never really was rewanz, so the name itself is something of a bitter lie.

The only question that pops to my head is: If he's that touchy about it, why is he still siar?

Lucheek

...so I guess he just put "Abel" on his resume?

Jasonrevall

Uh oh, Pip got aggro. I hope he's as good a tank as he is High level DPS.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Madd the Sane

And he's fighting him alone. He's clearly marked as Group! Let's hope Pip is a high enough level to survive this.

I wonder who will break up this fight. Maybe Merlitz? :B
I somewhow doubt Pip is doing this just because. I wonder how it fits into Mab's bigger plans.   :mwaha
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Mao

Quote from: Gamma on March 12, 2010, 05:56:50 AM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 12, 2010, 05:51:31 AM
*Ahem*  Pip be trollin'.
It's what some people* do for fun around here. >3

*Mao, nudge nudge, wink wink ;)

;>.>

I can only assume you are referring to Amber with this statement.  I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote from: Jasonrevall on March 12, 2010, 07:32:28 AM
Uh oh, Pip got aggro. I hope he's as good a tank as he is High level DPS.

Evasion tanking from the looks of it.  Just needs to dps Abel down before his both his luck and agility buffs run out.

Ry

Quote from: Ghostwish on March 12, 2010, 06:58:52 AM
I'm not surprised by this little aspect of Abel's personality. His father's name never really was rewanz, so the name itself is something of a bitter lie.

The only question that pops to my head is: If he's that touchy about it, why is he still siar?
Hrm... That is curious.  On the cast list he's listed as having been adopted by Fa'lina. I don't know what switching plans involves, but she might not be able to rebuild since it's essentially been genocided (she hasn't shown any interest in seriously rebuilding her clan at least)- but his clan symbol is pretty obvious on his back.  Also, his lack of shirts generally means that the symbol is completely visible even when he's trying to hide his cubi heritage.  That's really weird, actually.

I guess he doesn't have issues with his clan, just his dad, but you'd think he'd cover it up when trying to hide that he's cubi. Demo 101 mentions that "a good way to spot a cubi would be to find their marking", he should know that. And for most of the recent comic he's wearing a jacket, but when he's alone working the bar he doesn't... weird.

Ghostwish

Thing is, I believe he perfectly well knows that the only reason Aniz ever had him was in a mad attempt to revive the siar clan. Switching clans would be a very good option when it comes to sticking it to his bastard father. Makes me wonder if there's a hidden condition we don't well know of.

But, aye, Fa'Lina did not adopt him in that fashion. She can't, it seems, or else I think she already would have.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ry on March 12, 2010, 08:26:02 AM
I guess he doesn't have issues with his clan, just his dad, but you'd think he'd cover it up when trying to hide that he's cubi. Demo 101 mentions that "a good way to spot a cubi would be to find their marking", he should know that. And for most of the recent comic he's wearing a jacket, but when he's alone working the bar he doesn't... weird.

You have to know that it's a clan mark and not just a regular tattoo, though.  Since Siar clan presumably contains 1-3 members (depending on whether Aniz is still alive, and if so, whether he's managed to produce another clan member), so the chances of many people who are non-'Cubi or non-Dragon being able to recognise it for a Siar clan marking is kind of slim.

You might simply be able to say "Runic tattoo = 'Cubi", but I know a couple of people at work who have runic-looking tattoos.  (Okay, so one of them is angsty and never seems to eat, but hey, DMFA is fiction :P )

bradypodidae

Quote from: Madd the Sane on March 12, 2010, 07:43:13 AM
I wonder how it fits into Mab's bigger plans. 

Perhaps Pip has his own agenda. Seems almost everyone else has some master scheme in the works, why not Pip?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

psilorder

Quote from: Ry on March 12, 2010, 08:26:02 AM
Quote from: Ghostwish on March 12, 2010, 06:58:52 AM

Hrm... That is curious.  On the cast list he's listed as having been adopted by Fa'lina. I don't know what switching plans involves, but she might not be able to rebuild since it's essentially been genocided (she hasn't shown any interest in seriously rebuilding her clan at least)

Hmm, the Academy was founded by her in alliance with several clans right?
Is she even allowed to try to rebuild her clan while being the principal of SAIA, a position that gives her extra powers?

Sunblink

I am interested. Why would Abel be ashamed of his last name? I guess it has something to do with his father, but aha.

Welcome back, Amber!

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on March 12, 2010, 05:47:35 AM
And now I can go back to being grouchy that Abel is being snarked again. Woo!

Pip's gone from comedy Dan gnawer to irritating, really.

He deserves a trip on a tropical island cruise for tolerating all of this. :<

Maybe that'll make both of us feel better about this situation - we'll just imagine Abel getting some kind of luxury vacation so he can go "SO LONG, SUCKERS!" to the rest of the cast and rush to get a manicure. >:3

Aracia

...And then Genesis suddenly rouses herself from a drunken coma and stumbles downstairs, interrupting any explanations Pip or Abel were about to provide.  >:3

joshofspam

I'm more of the opinion that Abel doesn't like any reminders of his passed and any thing he keeps in mind he doesn't like shared with others. Let's face it one babbling Drake could make all his hard work to bury his passed all wasted effort for Abel's part.

I just hope that isn't the same reaction he had with Mink when he mentioned his own mom to Abel. :cry
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Arcblade

Aww...  Pip is being unkind.  Darn.  It must be "Pick On Abel" day.  At this rate, Abel might lose it completely and go hide in the basement for another week. 

Naldru

Could it be that Pip is Albanion in disguise?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Mao

Quote from: Arcblade on March 12, 2010, 10:01:02 AM
Aww...  Pip is being unkind.  Darn.  It must be "Pick On Abel" day.  At this rate, Abel might lose it completely and go hide in the basement for another week. 

Actually.. come to think of it:  If Abel is mid-boss, it makes sense that he's getting picked on.  I just hope he doesn't start calling himself 'The Dark Adonis'....

Wait.. does... does this make Pip Laharl?

</Disgaea referencing>

Wanderer

Hmm. Interesting Abel response is interesting.

Quote from: the rantIf all goes according to my MASTERFUL plan, there shouldn't be any other missed things or delays until around June. And now that I said that, expect METEORITES. Dozens of them.

No no, you don't need meteorites Amber. You're just going to get sick. Again. Like you always do after a con. And before a con. And a good 182.5 days out of a year.

Arcblade

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 12, 2010, 10:23:33 AM
Quote from: Arcblade on March 12, 2010, 10:01:02 AM

Actually.. come to think of it:  If Abel is mid-boss, it makes sense that he's getting picked on.  I just hope he doesn't start calling himself 'The Dark Adonis'....

Wait.. does... does this make Pip Laharl?

</Disgaea referencing>

Yeah, and Pip seems to have the attitude for it.  Hm...  But then who's Etna?  Mab would seem to be more Flonne than Etna...  And the mows can be Prinnies. 

RandomMetaphysics

Note to self, never call Abel by his full name.
On another note... Pip must either be really brave, or really... I don't know the proper word for this situation :mowdizzy
Geez... Abel got so mad his head wings manifested.

Kayriel

>PERHAPS REMEMBERING TO UPLOAD WOULD BE A SMART THING AMBER.
I am a tactical GENIUS.<

... Tactical geni-
CREEEEEEEEEEEEEED!
<3 Abel

jeffh4

Quote from: Naldru on March 12, 2010, 10:07:22 AM
Could it be that Pip is Albanion in disguise?
I don't remember Pip going to the Fae kingdom when Mab took everyone there, so it's possible.  Certainly the snarkiness is there.

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on March 12, 2010, 12:05:56 PM
Note to self, never call Abel by his full name.
On another note... Pip must either be really brave, or really... I don't know the proper word for this situation :mowdizzy
Geez... Abel got so mad his head wings manifested.
I'd say Pip is supremely self-confident.  He's likely made the calculated risk based on his assessment of Abel's personality that Abel won't go all vorpal-dagger on him. . . .at least with the present amount of provocation. 

Abel is taking the "don't mess with me" stance right now. There's no reason to pretend he's not a cubi so he's taking the gloves off with Pip.  Abel is saying, "provoke me further at your own peril."

Maybe Dan will have to break up ANOTHER vorpal dagger fight!  :-)

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 12, 2010, 05:58:07 AM

I wonder if he'd prefer to be called 'Abel Siar'...?

If anyone even thinks that name, I suspect Abel's next tentacle-stab won't be aimed to miss.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.