The Real Slime Bloggy (Previously: The blog of slimecat)

Started by GabrielsThoughts, February 14, 2010, 07:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

I'm guessing this would go here

http://www.zshare.net/audio/725786629b3c89d1/

It being a quasi introductory thread and everthing
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

GabrielsThoughts

a blog for the week of 2-14-10 to 2-21-10

On this week, I learned about the high Renaissance in my art history class. I read about Leonardo DaVinci, Titian, Georggio and Michelangelo. I also learned that Davici considered paining superior to sculpture, or at the very least he felt sculpture was not as skilled as painting nor did he feel writing could convey the same depth as an image and related paining to a science. I Learned DaVinci was a naturalist who appreciated line art as the foundation of a painting and and saw it as crucial to the process of creation. I read an excerpt of Studs Terkel's  Hard Times for my Oral History class.I wrote out a short speech, and created a PowerPoint for a presentation that was pushed back into Tuesday. We also covered an overview about how to operate a CDR 310 and a samsung omni-directional microphone.I accidentally created a feedback siren when I plugged in the microphone while the unit was on, and nearly busted everyone's eardrums trying unplug it. I learned how to lay tracks, adjust presets, and and record with the CDR 310 cd recorder. In my contemporary critic of art and technology class we covered meaning behind images and words, and went over how a photograph changed how people view and experience a painting. In the politics of representation in media class we covered Anthony Giddens and his beliefs about how people form their self identity.We also covered how story structure, romantic narratives, consumerism, and lifestyle shape identity.

As for my personal life, I read two more chapters of Fun Home. I watched a documentary about the making of Planet of the apes. I watched several episodes of Caveman, Manhattan Az, and I discovered a show called "Human Target" on hulu. I finally bought a PlayStation 3, and I ordered Bioshock 1 and 2. I'm planning on starting a home based business, so I also purchased an I Mac and a new laptop. next semester I'm planning on purchasing new software like I-clone and quite possibly the latest in Adobe CS technology or may just decide to forgo those expenses and get a comparable or competitive product.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Mao

Good news everyone!  I've devised a method for communication over the internet via forums...

Darkmoon

Seriously. I saw there was a topic, and then I read it... and realized I didn't care about his life.

Also, this is a forum, not a blog.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Mao

I was thinking of posting something like this:

But the last one seemed better.

Darkmoon

I'm a fan of the classics myself:

:smrt

Mao

Now that you're posting, I have to say:

bill

Mao

Darkmoon

:youtheman

I have to say, we could easily just repurpose this thread.

bill

this morning i woke up and did nothing because i have no plans in life for myself, or my future

Darkmoon

Hey man, who said this was a blog post?

:mob

bill

update: giving legitimate merit to idea of taking shower. its been 2 weeks though, who will notice another day. teen titans is starting

Darkmoon

Darkmoon Firelyte is bored with the world and tired of people.

Currently listening to: P.O.D.

Zina

Where's the "like" option on this thing? I HAVE THINGS I NEED TO LIKE.

Mao

Why can't I subscribe to this as an RSS feed?  I need my updates damnit!  I need to know!  Worst blog site, ever.

Turnsky

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 24, 2010, 05:24:38 AM
Why can't I subscribe to this as an RSS feed?  I need my updates damnit!  I need to know!  Worst blog site, ever.

The public demands a twitter feed!

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 24, 2010, 05:24:38 AM

Up in the FF address bar, Mao. Every thread supports RSS.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Mao

He's told me it does before, but I've never actually been bothered to find out.  I have to say though, I've never seen anything to the effect so I just assumed I was doing it wrong.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on February 24, 2010, 09:03:56 AM
*blink blink*

Seriously?

Really really. There's a pretty orange icon it throws up there on my machine, saying it supports RSS in an understated, quietly efficient way.

Darkmoon

That's awesome. Bonus for the forum.

Mao

The Orange RSS icon hasn't shown up for me, ever.  Which version of FF are you using?  I'm currently running 3.5.8 on windows and see no RSS icon.  Which blows, as some sub forums I might actually want to keep an eye on.

llearch n'n'daCorna

3.0.6 on debian.
3.5.8 on XP.

Right-hand end of the address bar, next to the google search text entry box, in the address text entry box, to the left of the little "bookmark this page" star.

Darkmoon

I actually don't get that little icon... bizarre.

Mao

Darkmoon

Must be something boxes of monkeys can see. Magical money vision... or a monkey extension for Firefox.

bill

the little rss box changes position if you have a different theme, on my IE7-alike theme, it's below where the search bar is

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ooo. That could explain it - I tend to run with the default theme.

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber