The Real Slime Bloggy (Previously: The blog of slimecat)

Started by GabrielsThoughts, February 14, 2010, 07:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Turnsky is currently enjoying the best roast pork meal he's had in ages.

Currently Listening to: JAM Project - Skill

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Would the Real Slime Bloggy please stand up and put one of those fingers on each hand up and be proud to be out of your mind and out of control and one more time - how does it go?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Darkmoon

llearch n'n'daCorna

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Darkmoon

Darkmoon Firelyte fears that he may have to kill the clowns living under his bed. And to think, when he had them installed, they did such a good job of scaring off the monsters. But now they're up all night, playing loud music, eating all his food, randomly killing neighbor children. Stupid clowns...

Currently listening to: Garbage, Only Happy when it Rains

Dannysaysnoo

Dannysaysnoo is beginning to regret hooking up with that girl. I mean, I know I'm a comic and all, but I can do better.

Currently listening to : Take on Me - A-Ha

Suwako

Tytaj is busy making lewd during churchservices.

is listening to: Whatever, Just another song

Sunblink

Keaton the Black Jackal got tired of writing about her life so she started drawing things instead.

Look. It's a bunny.

The sad thing is that's the only thing I've drawn in five months, therefore it is technically the best thing I've drawn in five months.

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's a good bunny, though, Keats. Unless that's Mao, in which case it's a very bad bunny indeed...

Sunblink

llearch n'n'daCorna

Darkmoon

Well, if we're gonna draw bunnies, this one's for llearch.

GabrielsThoughts

3-4-2010 through 3-22-2010
I'm sure you are all wondering what I've been up too in recent weeks.  And, I must say it has been an interesting couple of weeks. I finished reading Fun Home, I've recently started reading Hard Times By Studs Turkel . I visited First Friday and had to scramble to read the remainder of my history of art textbook the Friday before last.  I celebrated my 27th birthday and got an I-Mac... eight seasons of Smallville, a Playstation 3, Bioshock one and two, a tablet netbook, Manga Studio 4 and  an airport extreme wireless something or other. I Still haven't figured out how set up a wireless network with the airport extreme, but I should have one up and running soon.  I used my new netbook after modifying the stylus with a pencil eraser and pen casing and colored 9 pages of knock off peeps.  Don't expect to see the pages any time soon there's still ten pages left before I've finished that particular episode and then I'm moving on to loosing Focus.  I'm going to start selling the individual comic storylines but printing costs for color, mean that it will be about 12+ dollars per 30 page issue. The red book will also be split into two color volumes and the second half of Sniffing glue, which will contain Snap dragon, Loosing focus, ace in the hole, unholy scion and the knock off peeps will be the first to receive a makeover. 
However, in response to harsh criticism, I have decided not to upload any of the new pages or storylines, color or otherwise, until I am satisfied they are finished. I'm not exactly getting paid to entertain or satisfy anyone's needs to feel important but my own. As it is my comic, It's my fantasy, and my choice as to whether or not the comic is seen as a work in progress, or not. I tried to satisfy reader curiosity by continuing the storylines and using filler. But if I'm going to be spit upon I see no reason in pretending I care what anyone else thinks of my self or my abilities at this point.
On the school front, me and the classmates of my oral history class have broken up into groups to research the city of Henderson. My group is covering the history of St. Rose Dominican hospital, other groups are researching Basic Magnesium Incorporated, and Nevada State College. After covering painting, my criticism class (VIS 362) recently started covering photographs, eventually we will be covering movies, and hopefully we'll get to comic books... I think I like the idea of being to evaluate a work of art without insulting the artist. My Art 261 class has improved my artistic vocabulary, if not my ability to describe a traditional work of art. We've recently finished the first textbook and are now moving onto the next. I've recently begun reading my gender and identity politics (Vis 363) Textbook  and hope to have the midterm completed sometime this week. I also have a presentation for this class on the 29th  Of which, I've mostly completed the history of my favored media from memory without the use of any text book or professional resources. Obviously, that will have changed y the time the presentation is due.

Since I am a visual media student my classes generally have some cross over that reinforces ideas and concepts. I realize that a problem for me is not a problem for anyone else, and in the grand scheme of things I'm grateful that I am learning new management skills as a result of my college experience.   Although, I am particularly paranoid about my Art class as I can never seem to remember the information I need for my Quizzes and it seems as though the teacher knows the material so well that even the discussions are puzzling... although that seems to be the point. I'm also worried about my oral history midterm I read the WPA slave narratives and mentioned the federal writers project in my essay question about the history of oral history. But I didn't mention John Blassingame, nor discuss how he didn't believe the narratives retrieved by the works progress administration shouldn't actually be considered an accurate representation of the treatment of slaves during the heat of slavery as the antebellum slave narratives.  And, when I mentioned Alex Haley, Sherna Gluck, among others,  I'm not sure if fully covered how the renewed interest and personal interaction and observation changed the existing paradigm. I'm worried about my criticism class, because I can never seem to make to class on time, It seems I get to class five minutes late and my attempts to arrive early or on time seem to have resulted in the opposite being the case. With regards to gender and identity in visual media culture I'm concerned that I'm missing something, although I'm not entirely sure what. In the summer I'm planning on getting my Math 128 class out of the way and god willing by fall I may have all of the credits I need to graduate with my Bachelors of Science Degree.  It's so close I was frustrated to learn that they weren't offering some of the classes I needed to graduate. 

Oh Fillipo Brunelleschi (brun-nel-ski) was the first of the renaissance artisans to develop single point perspective.  I apologize for pronouncing the name Bruneshelli, but as an American it goes without saying that Italian isn't my first language. I apologize for both the dyslexic transposition of consonants and the inaccuracy of reporting.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna