23/01/10 [DMFA #1082] - The big question

Started by Zaejue, January 23, 2010, 10:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on January 24, 2010, 05:13:40 PM
Food for thought... does Wildy have a mind shield? :dface

... Has Abel lowered his enough for it to be useful?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

can wildy read minds?  i don't think it matters one bit if able has a mind shield if she can't ready them in the first place.  still i'm looking forward to able's answer like everyone else here
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on January 24, 2010, 05:37:06 PM
can wildy read minds?  i don't think it matters one bit if able has a mind shield if she can't ready them in the first place.

AFAIK Abel has his mind filtering turned up because he doesn't want to hear the patrons.  This would prevent him being able to hear Wildy too.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

iownpants

Wildy does seem to get more and more attractive as the comic goes on, hmmm :3
Though I'm too busy noticing how well Abel's top seems to cling to his frame in that last panel, hm hm hmmm :boogie
Lastly, maybe we'll get a straightforward answer just to confuse everyone expecting a scene cut.  This would be amusing >:3

Shachza

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 23, 2010, 11:32:39 PM
Four centuries is a long time to be in school, and one would think that most cubi would get bored and experiment in both directions in that time.  Why limit oneself to just half the school's population?

That's debatable.  There's a pair of powerful shapeshifters in White Wolf's Exalted universe named Rain Deathflyer and Silver Python who have been a couple for something like 700 years.  Silver Python's original sex is not known, though she's usually represented as female, and she switches between male and female regularly.  Rain Deathflyer is strictly male and hetero and still refuses Silver Python's advances when she's running around as a guy.  (Page 54 and 55 of the Manual of Exalted Power: Lunars)

I bet she uses her brother's tactic.  Something I doubt Abel would fall for.
            <-- #1 that is!

candide

Quote from: Shachza on January 24, 2010, 07:30:06 PM
I bet she uses her brother's tactic.  Something I doubt Abel would fall for.
...except that wasn't Wildy's brother, but Destiana in disguise.

TheDXM

Even assuming Abel lies to her, I don't think Wildy would fall for it. If there's any personality in this comic to get Abel to talk straight about this sort of thing, it's Wildy.

Huh, either Amber just got the 2000th Question-From-The-Readers email asking about this or Wildy has had more adventures on her island than what might be good for her.

I personally hope we'll see at least a reaction from Abel. While having a good How-Can-You-Type-With-Boxing-Gloves joke is never a bad thing, having this done in the main story seems kinda like a wasted cliffhanger. And think of the fans, think of the fans! :U

Quote from: Bjalf on January 24, 2010, 07:12:07 AM
Quote from: Brownie on January 24, 2010, 07:01:31 AM
Didn't Jyrras say Way Back whenthat these kind of things had to be found out in an elaborate plan of some kind? I was trying to find the comic but couldn't.

Strip 997.

I see a new strategy here. When you need something taken care of quickly, easily and possibly violently, drop the mention of complicated plans in the vincinity of Wildy and watch what happens... (But keep a save distance, just to be sure...)

Shachza

Quote from: candide on January 24, 2010, 07:35:07 PM
...except that wasn't Wildy's brother, but Destiana in disguise.

Quiet you!  Stop ruining my point.   Jyrras has already done it, and I know that I'd try it, so who's to say she doesn't do it anyways?  Though I think she'd be more likely to use scenes from Weapon X.
            <-- #1 that is!

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 24, 2010, 05:46:28 PM
can wildy read minds?  i don't think it matters one bit if able has a mind shield if she can't ready them in the first place.

AFAIK Abel has his mind filtering turned up because he doesn't want to hear the patrons.  This would prevent him being able to hear Wildy too.

While he keeps a filter up against the general hubbub of the surrounding populace, he can probably focus on individuals to exclude them from the filter. Or perhaps it's active mind reading bypassing the shield instead. Though there may be little difference between those methods.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lego3400

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 25, 2010, 02:04:46 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 24, 2010, 05:46:28 PM
can wildy read minds?  i don't think it matters one bit if able has a mind shield if she can't ready them in the first place.

AFAIK Abel has his mind filtering turned up because he doesn't want to hear the patrons.  This would prevent him being able to hear Wildy too.

While he keeps a filter up against the general hubbub of the surrounding populace, he can probably focus on individuals to exclude them from the filter. Or perhaps it's active mind reading bypassing the shield instead. Though there may be little difference between those methods.

Mind reading is very different from thought reading. So says the demo 101 strips.

Second... Bout time someone asked

joshofspam

With Cubi being such accomplished shape shifters does the whole strait and gay thing even apply to Cubi?

It wouldn't suppries me if Cubi tend to go both ways if you know what I mean.;)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

iceick

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 24, 2010, 08:25:16 PM
Quote from: Bjalf on January 24, 2010, 07:12:07 AM
Quote from: Brownie on January 24, 2010, 07:01:31 AM
Didn't Jyrras say Way Back whenthat these kind of things had to be found out in an elaborate plan of some kind? I was trying to find the comic but couldn't.

Strip 997.

I see a new strategy here. When you need something taken care of quickly, easily and possibly violently, drop the mention of complicated plans in the vincinity of Wildy and watch what happens... (But keep a save distance, just to be sure...)

I wonder how much she's going to tease Jyrass with the info she gets from Abel.

Bjalf

Quote from: iceick on January 25, 2010, 01:24:57 PM

She's going to tease him to pieces, even if she gets no information at all from Abel. It's just her way of showing that she cares.    :tighthug

iceick

Quote from: Bjalf on January 25, 2010, 01:43:09 PM
Quote from: iceick on January 25, 2010, 01:24:57 PM

She's going to tease him to pieces, even if she gets no information at all from Abel. It's just her way of showing that she cares.    :tighthug
Does she really care or does she just like to make people miserable? Ooh, she and Abel would make a perfect couple, Wildy making people miserable and Abel feeding off it >:3.

Mao

Lego3400

Also, I would like to state my theory of Biggs and Wildy being weres. Something about her use of the word man here made me thing about it.

iceick

Ooh a were that is a human fan :mowdizzy, didn't see that coming ;).

Keleth

Oh man. I bet Wildy is a were of a human and ferret.

Turning her into the omnipotent being of ANTHRO FERRET!
Help! I'm gay!

iceick

Of course that would explain why she's so fierce, not to mention were's are immune to magic in human form.

Techcubi

Why the heck would Abel be gay? After all, even though it's been hundreds of years, he has at one point feared being Sodomized.

Grey Wolf

Quote from: Techcubi on January 25, 2010, 05:44:26 PM
Why the heck would Abel be gay? After all, even though it's been hundreds of years, he has at one point feared being Sodomized.

Well, yes, but I think it was less "I'm not gay!" and more "I don't wanna be raped!".
Biiiig difference between that and consensual sex, you know.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Techcubi

Quote from: Grey Wolf on January 25, 2010, 06:01:00 PM

Well, yes, but I think it was less "I'm not gay!" and more "I don't wanna be raped!".

Still, why would people think he's gay? Is every somewhat feminine man considered gay?

Arcblade

Quote from: Kesh on January 23, 2010, 10:27:02 PM
Quote from: Psy-Kosh on January 23, 2010, 10:09:32 PM
I didn't quite understand the whole "leg man" vs "leg guy" thing.

ie, why was the former confusing for Abel? What made the latter a correction for the former?

He doesn't consider Dan to be a "man" yet.

Could be that, or because he's not human.  Could also be because of this.

iceick

Quote from: Techcubi on January 25, 2010, 06:07:08 PM

Still, why would people think he's gay? Is every somewhat feminine man considered gay?
Your question can be answered here

Techcubi

Quote from: iceick on January 25, 2010, 06:15:10 PM

Your question can be answered here

...How does a guy with a feminine hairstyle getting hit on by a guy who thinks he's a girl explain anything except that guys with long hair are sometimes confused for girls?

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 25, 2010, 02:53:46 PM
Oh boy, more shipping.

With all the shipping that happens.
We need an emoticon of two mows in a boat.  :D

Alternatively a containership.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Grey Wolf

Somewhat feminine? Abel? But I digress.
In fiction, yes, some people do assume effeminate men are gay. I'm not one of them, but it isn't an uncommon occurrence.
That said, I personally don't think Abel is gay, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he turns out to be so.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

John Roh

hmm I clicked that for a laugh checked out a few pages after it and saw this http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_50.php any chance Devin is Abels brother? meh this is probably old

Naldru

Quote from: John Roh on January 25, 2010, 08:16:06 PM

hmm I clicked that for a laugh checked out a few pages after it and saw this http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_50.php any chance Devin is Abels brother? meh this is probably old
I remember this argument from a while ago.  However, Aniz/Cid and Devin's father seemed to be totally different psychologically.  The thing that made me reconsider it was the fact the fact that Aniz/Cid had a really fractured mind, making it possible that two personalities could be quite dissimilar.  I'll have to check the wiki, I'm not sure if the discussion showed up there as well.

According to the DMFA wiki, Dan and Devin are not related.  This means that the Edward/Aniz theory would not be compatible with Devin and Abel being related.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.