23/01/10 [DMFA #1082] - The big question

Started by Zaejue, January 23, 2010, 10:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

That "DDR-Abel" is by far one of the most amazing things I have seen. I wonder what would happen if Dan and Abel versed off...

Going back to the topic at hand...
Knowing Abel, his reply to Wildy's question will be a very witty retort.

AmigaDragon

As long as she isn't hitting him somewhere delicate.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

jo-shadow

Heh, she definitely caught him off guard, but I think she was testing him the whole time before.

I noticed that, although Wildy did not wear the outfit specifically for that purpose, in the previous comic (#1081) Wildy is clearly positioning herself on her knees in a way so that her chest is in plain view to Abel, and with a clear sexy/koy expression, both in the second and third panel.

Of-course this may just be Wildy's style in general, but I can't help but think that this was kind of a pre-test to gage his reaction (or lack there-of) before popping the question now.

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: jo-shadow on January 24, 2010, 03:11:16 AM
HWildy is clearly positioning herself on her knees in a way so that her chest is in plain view to Abel, and with a clear sexy/koy expression, both in the second and third panel.

Of-course this may just be Wildy's style in general, but I can't help but think that this was kind of a pre-test to gage his reaction (or lack there-of) before popping the question now.

Hmmmm. A possible Chekhov's gun, maybe? Wildy is always up to something...

iceick

Quote from: MC_Hollis on January 23, 2010, 11:59:12 PM
Quote from: Black_angel on January 23, 2010, 10:14:01 PM
.............. :U

....I could kiss that ferret. We're finally, FINALLY getting an answer, and the one who asked is WILDY!

FWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! My night just became one of the top 100 best ever.
You forget who we're dealing with. The Queen of Random- and an A student of suspense.   :3  :bunny

Don't worry, since we're human she won't beat us up right away if we hug or kiss her.

Garsemor

OMG, did she just do that? Did she just ask him his sexuality? To mutch suspence, I can't handel it. :redrum *don't worry it's just a pellet gun*

Bjalf

Quote from: Pagan on January 23, 2010, 11:36:37 PM
Plus, the arm things he's wearing ought to answer the question for her. Abel's girlier than Merl or Dan ever was.

Well, he could be a girly lesbian in a man's guy's body.

Quote from: jeffh4 on January 24, 2010, 02:33:50 AM
Remember Abel's reaction to Hennya going bipedal. . . .and facing the wrong way. 

http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_78.php

Knocked him clean out of his funk.  I'd have to say asexual is out.  Het or Bi is possible.

Or just not a butt guy. And not all rear views are nice. cough goatse cough

Magic

Quote from: Ted Schiller on January 24, 2010, 01:04:53 AM
Quote from: Magic on January 23, 2010, 10:22:03 PM
"Why yes, I'm happy right now."

After the day he's had? No, he's not gay.  

With regards,
Ted

I apologize if my sarcasm is wasted on you, but you need not offend me by indirectly calling me inattentive. I just wasn't aware wit is to be taken as a fool's point of view, as crude as that idea might sound to me. Oh well, c'est la vie.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Brownie

Didn't Jyrras say Way Back whenthat these kind of things had to be found out in an elaborate plan of some kind? I was trying to find the comic but couldn't.
Ah well, Wildy's not known for doing that.

Bjalf

Quote from: terrycloth on January 24, 2010, 12:32:24 AM
And there's no way Abel's actually going to answer and we're going to see it. Even if it wasn't switching to Abel's story, it'd switch to Alexei and Dan getting home or something. Come on, guys, be sensible here.

This I can believe. We're going to visit all the other sub-stories, and when we get back to Abel and Wildy, Abel will say (in the very first panel) "... and that's why everybody asks me that.", just like Pyroduck does here.

Quote from: Brownie on January 24, 2010, 07:01:31 AM
Didn't Jyrras say Way Back whenthat these kind of things had to be found out in an elaborate plan of some kind? I was trying to find the comic but couldn't.

Strip 997.

Ry

I really hope he doesn't answer- I like the ambiguity.  Even if he does end up with someone, I hope it's done so that it's possible this person may be an exception to the rule (and, yes, I know people both gay and straight who've fallen in love with someone of the other sex)
Quote from: jeffh4 on January 24, 2010, 02:33:50 AMRemember Abel's reaction to Hennya going bipedal. . . .and facing the wrong way.  

http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_78.php

Knocked him clean out of his funk.  I'd have to say asexual is out.  Het or Bi is possible.
I'm asexual and I'd react exactly like that if someone flashed their genitals at me. Either sex.  Asexual doesn't mean you're completely unphased by such things (although I do know an asexual stripper and a couple of people who are way more sex positive than most)- it just means you aren't sexually attracted to anyone.

Eon

Once again, we see that Wildy doesn't do subtle. Still, if you want a direct answer, ask a direct question, I guess. Although it may be too much to hope for Abel to give a simple yes or no.  

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on January 23, 2010, 10:14:46 PM
And has Wildy gotten sexier lately?

Wildy gets sexier every time I see her.  :3

*Wildy fan*

But, seriously, she does look exceptionally attractive in this strip, particularly in the second panel. It's probably a combination of her pose, her expression, and that rather skimpy outfit she's wearing. Though, I admit, I miss her usual outfit a little.

Tapewolf

The simple answer is "That's none of your business."  If she hassles him, he throws her out.  With 400 years of study he surely has some way of putting her in her place without breaking disguise, Wildy or no...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AmigaDragon

Quote from: jo-shadow on January 24, 2010, 03:11:16 AM
I noticed that, although Wildy did not wear the outfit specifically for that purpose, in the previous comic (#1081) Wildy is clearly positioning herself on her knees in a way so that her chest is in plain view to Abel, and with a clear sexy/koy expression, both in the second and third panel.

A Koi expression?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jakon

I'm pretty sure the next comic will go something like this...

Abel: ...Well. That's the first time anyone's been so direct with me in quite a while.
Wildy: That's my style.
Abel: As well it should be. Well, since you asked, I guess I'll tell you...
[cut to something completely unrelated]
Amber: Ha ha! Suck it, readers!

Netrogo

Quote from: Jakon on January 24, 2010, 09:40:11 AM
I'm pretty sure the next comic will go something like this...

Abel: ...Well. That's the first time anyone's been so direct with me in quite a while.
Wildy: That's my style.
Abel: As well it should be. Well, since you asked, I guess I'll tell you...
[cut to something completely unrelated]
Amber: Ha ha! Suck it, readers!

This is exactly what I was thinking will happen. The ever classic, much be-hated scene change.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

thegayhare

My thoughts are along the lines of wether or not Wildy is gonna tell Abel about Jyrras's cruch on him.

Able suspicious suddenly "... Why do you ask, planning another book?"
Wildy "What? no no nothing like that Just asking for a friend of mine who'd never get the nerve up to ask you himself."

It's times like this when I wish the donation bar convo with Able and fluff tuft was cannon

RandomMetaphysics

Abel may reply the same way he did to Fa'Lina, like how he did in this strip, when she informed him about his mother's condition: http://missmab.com/Comics/Ab_070.php

On another note, this could be Wildy's way of making up to Jyrras. You never really know... this is Wildy we're talking about here.

Anker Steadfast

Since this is Abel we're talking about, he could answer with a metaphysical haiku poem.

Leaving all of us confused .. including Wildy.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

candide

Hmmm... you know, it just occurred to me.

Since Wildy already knows that Jyrras is interested in Abel (see here), maybe she'd asking in order to help Jyrras.  She might still feel that she owes him over the whole Janus-Bond-book fiasco.

Lucheek

Amber, you made this a Sunday update on purpose so the forum would have to wait to get the answer for a couple of days didn't you?

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 24, 2010, 08:57:28 AM
The simple answer is "That's none of your business."  If she hassles him, he throws her out.  With 400 years of study he surely has some way of putting her in her place without breaking disguise, Wildy or no...

I'd definitely agree that after 400 years, he'd have several ways of strategically avoiding such a question, but seriously, there's no way he'd be to "throw her out".
Are you forgetting how Wildy managed to kick the butts of several cubi at SAIA?

Icon by Sunblink

Arcblade

Quote from: Lucheek on January 24, 2010, 12:33:21 PM
Amber, you made this a Sunday update on purpose so the forum would have to wait to get the answer for a couple of days didn't you?

Actually, she said on Mao's 'cast that it was an accident.  Something about doing a Question from the Readers and then forgetting it or something like that.  Not that we believed her.   :mowtongue

Naldru

There is also the possibility that Abel and Wildy could have a serious heart-to-heart talk following up on this conversation.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

A. Lurker

Quote from: Naldru on January 24, 2010, 02:53:10 PM
There is also the possibility that Abel and Wildy could have a serious heart-to-heart talk following up on this conversation.

"I turned being alone into an art at the academy."

You know, it occurs to me that Abel may not be quite so sure of his orientation himself. After all, for that to matter, he'd first of all have had to be willing to consider letting somebody get that close...

Grey Wolf

Quote from: thegayhare on January 24, 2010, 11:08:20 AM
My thoughts are along the lines of wether or not Wildy is gonna tell Abel about Jyrras's cruch on him.

Able suspicious suddenly "... Why do you ask, planning another book?"
Wildy "What? no no nothing like that Just asking for a friend of mine who'd never get the nerve up to ask you himself."

It's times like this when I wish the donation bar convo with Able and fluff tuft was cannon

I don't suppose you have a link, do you?
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: A. Lurker on January 24, 2010, 03:08:55 PM
Quote from: Naldru on January 24, 2010, 02:53:10 PM

"I turned being alone into an art at the academy."

You know, it occurs to me that Abel may not be quite so sure of his orientation himself. After all, for that to matter, he'd first of all have had to be willing to consider letting somebody get that close...

That is actually a very good point.  We never saw him get into anything even remotely close to a romantic relationship during Abel's Story, and as far as we know, after the events of that story he grows even more distant from those around him.

The only hint he'd even have at his own sexual orientation are brief moments of attraction he would have felt towards others at the academy before pushing them from his mind.

Then again, in an academy full of empaths, he probably learned ways to prevent even those brief emotions from surfacing to his conscious mind, so it is a definite possibility that not even he is aware of his own sexual preference, if he even has one at all.  He may just be asexual.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tezkat

Food for thought... does Wildy have a mind shield? :dface
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

jeffh4

Quote from: Ry on January 24, 2010, 08:30:01 AM
I'm asexual and I'd react exactly like that if someone flashed their genitals at me. Either sex.  Asexual doesn't mean you're completely unphased by such things (although I do know an asexual stripper and a couple of people who are way more sex positive than most)- it just means you aren't sexually attracted to anyone.

To quote John Cusack from "The Sure Thing":  Reeeeppprreeeeeesssseeddd!    :)