Very Important: Forum Rules & FAQs (New Members Must Read)

Started by Darkmoon, November 25, 2009, 02:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Good thing we don't throw people in prison here, just ban them from the forum.

Apples and oranges, man.

Darkmoon

It would be quiet, and no one would bother me. Hrmmm...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Mao

Who knows, you might finally get someone to talk Castlevania with you.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

Quote from: Damaris on December 15, 2011, 12:33:27 AM
Almost all of those rules stemmed from something someone actually did to cause trouble. Some on this forum, and some were from  previous experience. All because, when chastised, they would then say "but it's not against the rules!"

So now it is.
That's why on TPM we have the following rule:

Quote8) Use your common sense: if you know something's wrong, don't do it. The Super mods and admins reserve the right to assume you should know better. (For example, if you do something that goes against the spirit of the rules but take advantage of the wording of the rules in order to find a loophole, then you know what you are doing is wrong, and shall be dealt with accordingly).

Although it's sad that we needed to add the example because some people didn't seem to understand the rule without it.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Sunblink

Quote from: justacritic on December 16, 2011, 09:59:52 AM
If laws and rules were retroactively enforced the entire world would be in prisons.

Wow, that's deep.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Mao Laoren on December 16, 2011, 02:04:35 PM
Who knows, you might finally get someone to talk Castlevania with you.

We've talked Castlevania. Admittedly, it wasn't on the forum...

Damaris

Quote from: Gabi on December 16, 2011, 06:34:43 PM
Almost all of those rules stemmed from something someone actually did to cause trouble. Some on this forum, and some were from  previous experience. All because, when chastised, they would then say "but it's not against the rules!"

So now it is.

Quote8) Use your common sense: if you know something's wrong, don't do it. The Super mods and admins reserve the right to assume you should know better. (For example, if you do something that goes against the spirit of the rules but take advantage of the wording of the rules in order to find a loophole, then you know what you are doing is wrong, and shall be dealt with accordingly).

Although it's sad that we needed to add the example because some people didn't seem to understand the rule without it.

Oooh, I like that one.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Turnsky

Rules and regulations are always preceded by the actions of those who throw common sense right out the window.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Darkmoon

Quote from: Damaris on December 17, 2011, 04:53:12 AM
Quote from: Gabi on December 16, 2011, 06:34:43 PM

So now it is.

Oooh, I like that one.

We could steal it for our forum...

justacritic

Quote from: Turnsky on December 17, 2011, 09:44:52 AM
Rules and regulations are always preceded by the actions of those who throw common sense right out the window.
"For there to be a Law there must first be a Crime!"
More or less Sam Vimes

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on December 17, 2011, 03:21:27 PM
We could steal it for our forum...

I don't think it's stealing per se. More taking advantage of an offer. I mean, if Gabi didn't want us to use it, why else would she have posted it here? And maybe I'm reading more into it than is there, but I don't think Gabi would object to us duplicating it here...

... would she? Gabi?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

Gabi

Sorry for the double-post, but I've just noted something intriguing in the rules page and I would like to ask... What happens if you collect 200 dollars?

Damaris

lol, I had to go check. It's a reference to Monopoly - if you are sent to jail, you go directly there without passing "Go" (and therefore, not getting your 200 game dollars)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Gabi

Ah, thanks for clarifying, and I'm glad to have made you laugh. :)

Damaris

Really, the laughter was out of relief. I was a bit scared as to what the guys buried about $200 somewhere in the rules :)

Darkmoon

Rules were updated. Go read them if you haven't in a while. Go read them to remind yourself of what to do as good members of this forum. Mostly, though, just go read them.

Tsunami

Ok, I'm posting two bits.

One why must I jump through so many hoops to make a single post.  It's like please retype the total of our rules every time you want to make a post.

Also I hate the image verification, I fail it 75% of the time.

Anyways, a rule question.

Rule III - Section C - Sub-section 1: By the same concept, do not take CMF related issues and move them to other forums. We don't want to have to go to other areas and inform other admins of your issues. We've done it before (if sparingly), and we leave other forums' business up to those admins. If we find out you took CMF business elsewhere, we'll treat it just as if you brought it here.

I don't care about taking personal issues elsewhere this is just worded very weirdly.

Shouldn't it be we will ban the people involved from our forum if we can figure out who they are.  As it reads, it sounds like.  Hey we are an admin on some other forum and we would like you to ban some users for us.  As a past but not current admin.  If an admin from another site came in and said these two users are bringing up issues from our forum to yours, (but they aren't violating your rules).  I'd be happy to say well then, I guess I have to banhammer a foreign admin.

Oh and since you keep hammering home no multiple accounts.  What happens to a person who legally changes their name and would like their login (not just their display) to reflect it.