Zombie Survival Physics.

Started by bradypodidae, September 29, 2009, 04:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corgatha Taldorthar

If it had no legs, how did it shamble towards people? Or did the legs get up and walk on their own?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

thegayhare

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 03, 2009, 09:02:32 AM
If it had no legs, how did it shamble towards people? Or did the legs get up and walk on their own?

Generaly Legless zombies are crawlers.   pulling themselves forward with there hands,  there have been cases of zombie heads laying in wait in grassed area's biting down on a leg that happens to come to close.  An undead land mine

bradypodidae

The name of the movie eludes me, but there was one scene where a zombie was cut in two at the waist. The torso sat upright reaching out for the lower half that somehow also remained upright and running around aimlessly bouncing off of objects. The torso finally caught it's lower half as it ran by and somehow reattached itself... backwards, if I remember correctly. In another scene a decapitated body ran after it's head doing the slapstick antic of kicking its head out of reach just as it got within range. The human survivors won the day by luring the zombies onto a bridge covered in a water puddle and throwing high voltage cables into the water.

Needless to say, the movie was kind of a spoof on the "Dawn of the Dead" franchises.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Janus Whitefurr

That's it. Time to start erecting the great wall of Australia's Coast and retreating to the secret base in the central desert.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Mao

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on October 03, 2009, 10:10:08 AM
That's it. Time to start erecting the great wall of Australia's Coast and retreating to the secret base in the central desert.

Great.  Australia is going to be the next Madagascar.

bradypodidae

The movie I was trying to remember is Return of the Living Dead II.

It appears the 1985 horror/comedy The Return of the Living Dead had a nice life, spawning four sequels, ending with (so far) 2005's Return of the Living Dead: Rave from the Grave.

So bad they're good?

Edit: I just ran across this article form 1 October 2009; It seems the University of Florida has a Disaster Recovery Plan in case of zombies. Article link
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Mao Laoren on October 03, 2009, 12:02:07 PM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on October 03, 2009, 10:10:08 AM

Great.  Australia is going to be the next Madagascar.

Shut.

DOWN.

EVERYTHING.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

ShadesFox

Or maybe the Aussie government hands out suicide pills?  I saw them do it in a movie D:<
The All Purpose Fox

thegayhare

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on October 03, 2009, 12:10:17 PM
2005's Return of the Living Dead: Rave from the Grave.

I remember Rave to the Grave.  It wasn't to bad,  It was weird.. I mean liek how they went from finding strange chemical drums in a room to selling them as a street drug but it's also an interesting concept a zombifying street drug.  granted they tried to explained it with the stoner guy tasting some of the goo that dripped on his finger but damn it how stupid would you have to be to taste a weird chemical that leaked out of a hazardus materials drum.

Return of the living dead 3 was okay, but the weaponised zombies were pretty freaking cool I think

rabid_fox

Quote from: thegayhare on October 03, 2009, 11:14:40 PM
Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on October 03, 2009, 12:10:17 PM
2005's Return of the Living Dead: Rave from the Grave.

I remember Rave to the Grave.  It wasn't to bad,  It was weird.. I mean liek how they went from finding strange chemical drums in a room to selling them as a street drug but it's also an interesting concept a zombifying street drug.  granted they tried to explained it with the stoner guy tasting some of the goo that dripped on his finger but damn it how stupid would you have to be to taste a weird chemical that leaked out of a hazardus materials drum.

Return of the living dead 3 was okay, but the weaponised zombies were pretty freaking cool I think

Oh dear.

JackTheCubiWolf

Wait, I think your talking about Return of the Living Dead 3.
I'm back, and tired.

thegayhare

Quote from: JackTheCubiWolf on October 04, 2009, 03:40:14 PM
Wait, I think your talking about Return of the Living Dead 3.

I said that

*nods*
Most of it I talked about 4 rave to the grave then I said 3 was okay and thats where I mentioned the weaponised zombies from necropolis

JackTheCubiWolf

Especially when the one girl went sharp and pointy. And I meant to reply to Ilearch's comment on the first page.
I'm back, and tired.