-
0 (0%)
 ?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 07, 2007, 10:35:44 PM

Aridas

Tapewolf

I haven't seen foxes close up very often, but the snout seems a little off - the actual nose looks a little small and seems to extrude off the end like it's been glued on.  That is the only criticism I have.

I was going to add a few pointers on making the colouring more fox-like, for example the lower jaw is usually white, but Gabi's avatar doesn't do that anyway.

As Aridas says, keep at it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

Aww, thanks! *Hugs Shadrok.* :hug
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Zedd

Dear god thats a cute present for her

Kenji

Positivo adorablé. X3 And the tongue sticking out just makes it even better.

Gabi

Adorablé? What language is that?

Kenji

I always make fun of words, you know that. Just say "adorable" but with a "bluh" at the end. "Ador-a-bluh". :3

Shadrok

Quote from: Gabi on March 24, 2007, 12:40:57 PM
Aww, thanks! *Hugs Shadrok.* :hug
:hug  :mowhappy

Quote from: Kenji on March 24, 2007, 01:32:45 PM
Positivo adorablé. X3 And the tongue sticking out just makes it even better.
Actually that's her lip, though it does kind of look tongue-ish now that you mention it. :animesweat

Kenji

I thought it might've been that at first. But it was the crease in the middle that made me think it was a tongue. :T

Shadrok

I finaly have my wacom's settings back to what they were. (or at least close to what they were)

I drew this in open canvas, and apart from the hand I'm happy with it.

Zedd

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

One thing I've recently noticed, especially after studying Turnsky's 'Foxfire Chronicles', is that foxes seem to have a dark smudge on either side of their muzzle towards the front.
This is often (over?)emphasised in cartoon foxes, but it might be worth looking into.

Other than, my only complaint is that she is a little too cute for my taste :P
And the nose itself may be a little small.

Miaka

That's very cute, though, if I may point out, the ears are kind of awkwardly placed- maybe have them a bit more off to the side, and less smack dab in a center of her skull?

Shadrok

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 28, 2007, 05:33:23 AM
One thing I've recently noticed, especially after studying Turnsky's 'Foxfire Chronicles', is that foxes seem to have a dark smudge on either side of their muzzle towards the front.
This is often (over?)emphasised in cartoon foxes, but it might be worth looking into.
I'd forgotten about the dark smudge till you mentioned it, though on some of the reference pics I've seen the dark smudge is all be not there (could relate to age though?).

The Gabi pic at the moment has hit a slight bump, my color pencils have gone AWOL.

In other art news I grew tired of my old wallpaper and made this
As for JP's wolves I'm Re-coloring them
Also working on getting ready to start the Cubi Clan thread.

Shadrok

Finished another of JP's wolves

As for Gabi's pic I've found my pencils and will have it ready soon.

Tapewolf

Shadrok

Just something I drew in Photoshop a few days ago.

What I was listening to while drawing.

Nickelback_______"Far Away"
3 Doors Down____"Here without"
Seether_________"Broken"
Nickelback_______"Save me"
3 Doors Down____"Love me when I'm gone"

Tapewolf

Oh, that is nice.  Sad, but nice.  With the lighting like that I thought he was gonna howl at the moon or something.  My only criticism is that his neck seems to be the same thickness as the rest of his torso.

Shadrok

Was looking through some files and found these pics.

click for larger view

I drew them back in 2005 for an idea I had for a Christmas pic that was never made.
The idea was a shop window with Wildy, Jyrras, Dan, and Mab dolls in the window, but Wildy and Jyrras were the only ones to get drawn before life and college stepped in to side track things.

I'll have new art to post this Saturday. >:3

Zedd

Shadrok

I'm not too happy with the way this scanned, and it looks better on paper then it does here.

I cut back some of the contrast in Photoshop but there's still too much in the face.

Also for those who are keeping track of who's in Shadrok's crew, here's another one.

Her name is Chia, and she's the ship's cook.

Tapewolf

Gabi turned out nicely.  I feel there's something kind of creepy about the cook, though.  She's gotta be hiding something with an expression like that  :erk

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 05, 2007, 03:48:25 PM
Gabi turned out nicely.  I feel there's something kind of creepy about the cook, though.  She's gotta be hiding something with an expression like that  :erk

A meat cleaver?

Kenji

They are for yayness.

They both seem as though they could be plotting something. :P
But we know Gabi's too innocent for that, right?
Right?

Shadrok

Gabi turned out nicely.
Thanks.

I feel there's something kind of creepy about the cook, though.  She's gotta be hiding something with an expression like that  :erk

Well she does have a secret. >:3
Lets just say her mom is a being but her dad is a .....
:mwaha

Gabi

That's beautiful, thanks, Shadrok! :hug

Quote from: Kenji on May 05, 2007, 04:05:49 PM
They both seem as though they could be plotting something. :P
But we know Gabi's too innocent for that, right?
Right?
My aura of innocence strikes again. :mowgrin

Shadrok

Quote from: Gabi on May 05, 2007, 05:20:52 PM
That's beautiful, thanks, Shadrok! :hug

:mowhappy I'm glad you like it.

As some here might remember that I don't just draw but that I can also do 3D.

These were done back in late 2005 and worked with well into mid 2006 and were for my senior class project.
I was never happy with the way the project went, largely due to the fact that one teacher would say the class required this then another then would counter act that with a different requirement, but I passed it none the less.

I've had plans to rework them and recently I got a chance to work on the 3D file and clean it up and edit some of the mess that was left from short deadlines and "Flip Flop" teachers.

One of the funny things about this plan is that in the first draft I did originally have guns but they ended up removed in the second draft, and now; there back in the third draft.

Also if anyone is wondering the planes are based on actual planes the one I've repainted is an "Avia B 534" a Czechoslovakian built plane and the other (yet to be repainted) is a Italian "Fiat CR 42".

xHaZxMaTx

Low poly + bump maps = game model?  It looks damn nice for being low-poly, must be the shiny.  Love the textures, that's something I could never get right.

King Of Hearts

That's some fine prespective on the 4th pic.