7/31/09 [PF #74] - Oh look! Fanarts and filter..It's Christmas in July!

Started by Zedd, July 31, 2009, 04:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

And a damn fine fan arts I have to say ;3

Hope everything pans out as said,maybe the wires there are made of wet noodles...That's why they break so much :U

Gabi

Project filler... nice. I've also noticed that you have removed the potentially offensive material. :)
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on July 31, 2009, 04:44:08 PM
Project filler... nice. I've also noticed that you have removed the potentially offensive material. :)
Yeah.  Partly that was time constraints.  Originally I had intended to place them so that the headwings covered up the boobs.
This is actually a complete rework from the original character art.  If you compare with the version he posted earlier, you'll see that the character positions and in some cases the colours are different.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kipiru

Splendid job Tape! Great fix of Joshua's neck! The colors are awesome!

Amber Williams

Is it October already?

CAUSE ITS QUITE THE SAUSAGE FEST OVER THAR. :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 31, 2009, 06:29:49 PM

Assuming I'm parsing that correctly, it may have something to do with the female cast members Kip did breaking the rating.
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9048/grouppicpf1.jpg  NSFW
...I was going to add them to my restored version in a more work-safe manner, but run out of time...

Madmann135

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 31, 2009, 06:46:23 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on July 31, 2009, 06:29:49 PM

Assuming I'm parsing that correctly, it may have something to do with the female cast members Kip did breaking the rating.
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9048/grouppicpf1.jpg  NSFW
...I was going to add them to my restored version in a more work-safe manner, but run out of time...

It may be me but I rather like that version of the background...

...And when did Daryil start working on his abs?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Amber Williams

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 31, 2009, 10:17:46 PM
Oh bleh. Boobs.  How dissapointing. :<

They might not have gotten Fa'Lina's spinal reinforcement trick down yet :P
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Amber Williams

Well I could go all Freudian on the thing and make mention that the female characters have been reduced to titilating centerfolds on the wall rather than actual characters with a personality and depth.  :U

Or take a shot-joke at how apparently the only way to get chicks in the comic is through fanservice. :B

But I'm now distracted by the fact it looks like Dorcan really needs to tinkle.  :P

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 31, 2009, 10:58:30 PM
But I'm now distracted by the fact it looks like Dorcan really needs to tinkle.  :P
*snnnnnnrk* Oh gods he does!

Seriously, though, we need moar chickz in the comic, Tape. I suggest a sex change for one of the male characters, in order to even things out! How hard would it be to set one of the androids to F instead of M?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Madmann135

Quote from: Jairus on August 01, 2009, 12:10:31 AM
*snnnnnnrk* Oh gods he does!

Seriously, though, we need moar chickz in the comic, Tape. I suggest a sex change for one of the male characters, in order to even things out! How hard would it be to set one of the androids to F instead of M?

With Daryil around it could be harder than you think.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Amber Williams

Oh I dont mind the beefcake-a-thon. I just feel kind of sad that the most promotional image I've seen of the femme cast has been either question from the readers or naked-time. :U

Though I feel I should mention that 95% of my commentary is me mainly being a joking lil troll so don't take my comments too seriously. :B

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on August 01, 2009, 01:54:06 AM
Oh I dont mind the beefcake-a-thon. I just feel kind of sad that the most promotional image I've seen of the femme cast has been either question from the readers or naked-time. :U
I trust that Tape has not deceived us in saying that more females shall be showing up soon. Of course, the whole "Cubi are shapeshifters" thing screws it all up to kingdom come... no, wait, that's just gender, not sex.

Though I feel I should mention that 95% of my commentary is me mainly being a joking lil troll so don't take my comments too seriously. :B
You, a troll? Perish the thought!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on August 01, 2009, 01:58:13 AM
I trust that Tape has not deceived us in saying that more females shall be showing up soon.
That depends on Ren and his phone company, doesn't it?  From the projections I made before AC, she was supposed to have appeared yesterday.  She is evil, though and I'm sure Amber will give me flak for that too  >:3
Aside from her, there will be another more minor female character turning up in a few chapters and I'm intending to rework things slightly so she appears a bit more.  Not a particularly glamorous role either (Jakob's PA).

Okay, let's do a quick recap.  Kipiru asked if I'd object to him drawing some fan-art which would include Salomere and/or Ruby in a NSFW setting.  I wasn't quite sure but basically said 'whatever' and forgot about it.  That was pretty much all my input into this picture, and it shouldn't be considered canon.

Anyway, he completed it earlier this week and apart from the massive JPEG compression noise I rather liked it.  I also needed some filler because it was not looking like Ren would be in a position to send his scans for the weekend and I'm not one to look a gift-horse in the mouth  >:3  Anyway, I asked about getting the original to tidy it up and was given the lineart for everyone.  I've been colouring them over the last few days and reassembling it.  For reasons listed earlier in this thread I didn't place the two pictures of Ruby and Salomere.

BTW, Dorcan's mother is far from shallow.  At one point she becomes the protagonist for a stretch.  However, that doesn't start to happen until around chapter 21 unfortunately.

Quote from: Jairus on August 01, 2009, 12:10:31 AM
How hard would it be to set one of the androids to F instead of M?
Very hard for the person it happened to...

QuoteBut I'm now distracted by the fact it looks like Dorcan really needs to tinkle.  :P
Yeah, I noticed that.  If Josh hadn't been chopped off at the knees you'd make the same connection there too.

Quote from: Madmann135 on July 31, 2009, 10:09:21 PM
...And when did Daryil start working on his abs?
That's part of Kipiru's drawing style.  Jakob in 'Walk in the Woods' would probably look the same if he took his shirt off.
As for Daryil, it did kind of leak into the cast page Ren drew for him, but he's not strictly supposed to look that muscular.  See this thread.

Lisky

It has already been said, many times actually... but time to add my own flair... BRODEO

and if the posters were to reappear, i would think Dorcan might be slightly horrified... or, at least, a little concerned

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

techmaster-glitch

Lisky

hehe, :3

Bro - As in the Boys
Deo - as in, the last part of a rodeo...

Brodeo - another name for a sausage fest, or boy party..  :P

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Turnsky

Do androids dream of electric porta-loos?  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 02, 2009, 10:13:50 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on August 02, 2009, 09:49:00 AM
Do androids dream of electric porta-loos?  :U

Yes.

EDIT:

Also:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/projectfuture/JoshLegs.gif

no offense to the original artist, but the neck's a tad long, IMO... although all things considered, reminds me of onna these:

:P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on August 02, 2009, 11:06:00 AM
no offense to the original artist, but the neck's a tad long, IMO...

Yeah, I was warned about that.  If you notice, it's fixed in my version.

LionHeart

Quote from: Turnsky on August 02, 2009, 11:06:00 AMno offense to the original artist, but the neck's a tad long, IMO... although all things considered, reminds me of onna these:

Heh. I used to have one of those, many years ago...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: LionHeart on August 03, 2009, 12:35:08 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on August 02, 2009, 11:06:00 AMno offense to the original artist, but the neck's a tad long, IMO... although all things considered, reminds me of onna these:

Heh. I used to have one of those, many years ago...

Mine broke the day I got it :<

Ren Gaulen

Hello, everyone. I'm still alive, and seem to have my 'net connection back, but it is still shaky, as my provider still is trying to fix it, and it keeps going on and off. So far I couldn't send lineart to Tape, but I'll try to do it as soon as possible. Hopefully, he will have it today.

Sprocketsdance

Awesome!!!  :boogie Welcome back! Hopefully you'll be able to stay connected more than a couple of weeks  :3 :tighthug

Gabi

Yay! Welcome back, Ren!

And please remember CCC as well. Feel free to send a doodle if you don't have much time.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Amber Williams

USING THE WORD HOPEFULLY ONLY RESULTS IN BAD.

I speak from experience. :U

Mao