Chinese Zodiacs

Started by Shadrok, July 19, 2006, 02:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netami

Yeah Karl, the format is a little weird but basically it says that 1985 was year of the Ox from Feb to Feb (chinese new year).

Nikki

Gar...Earth Snake...

at least i'm not water...*shudder* i HATE water....

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Azlan

Wood Dragon... meh, better then a Fire Rooster
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Roureem Egas

I'm an Earth Dragon. That would mean, elementally, Azlan wins hands down against me. But I'd win against all you Water people.  D:

Kasarn

Quote from: Roureem Egas on July 19, 2006, 06:51:51 PM
I'm an Earth Dragon. That would mean, elementally, Azlan wins hands down against me. But I'd win against all you Water people.  D:

LIES! Nobody defeats the water pig!

We're much to lazy to bother even turning up to any fights :B

Wildy

.... Hmm.. Something's not quite rite. My chinese Zodiac is supposed to be a pig (1983) But this thing says I'm a rat.

Animal based on year(you have to actually click the animal and it'll give you the years): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_zodiac#The_twelve_animals

Elements based on Animal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_zodiac#Five_elements

Edit: Wow Wikipedia has a lot of stuff...  :erk

Sid

Quote from: Wildy on July 19, 2006, 07:48:29 PM
.... Hmm.. Something's not quite rite. My chinese Zodiac is supposed to be a pig (1983) But this thing says I'm a rat.
The graphic is correct, but I can see how it can be a bit counter-intuitive. The zodiac name is to the left of the timespan, not under it. So it correctly says "Pig: Feb 13, '83 till Feb 1, '84". That's also the reason why "Dog" seems not to be associated to any year by your reading method (but is in fact the 82/83 zodiac)
:boogie

Shadrok

I moved the animals names over on the files. Is this better? :ferret

Flame

An Earth Snake.  As apposed to the extraterrestrial snakes, I would assume.

RJ

Huh... they've also got stuff on "secret, inner animal" according to the hour you were born....

1.41 pm... I'm a sheep. D: Dang, combined with the rabbit that really sounds like me in a nutshell.

Kio

I am the Fire Rooster!  OMG!  Don't eat me

Dakata

Quote from: RJ on July 19, 2006, 11:04:55 PMHuh... they've also got stuff on "secret, inner animal" according to the hour you were born....
O rly?

...I think I'm an ox.

...Dangit! D: I don't wanna be an ox!

I'm gonna go cry...in my tree...that's underwater...where the sea-'nanas are. :'< *Sea-monkey-taur-cry*
(Even if I'm not an ox, I'm still a monkey-taur 'caz of the regular starry zodiac thing. XP)

Edit: *Lawl* Lookie at the monkey on this part of the page (Tore calandar) :3 It says Bichin. *Hee hee hee*...*Adds a 'T'* X3

Nikki

Quote from: Dakata on July 19, 2006, 11:11:40 PM
Quote from: RJ on July 19, 2006, 11:04:55 PMHuh... they've also got stuff on "secret, inner animal" according to the hour you were born....
O rly?

...I think I'm an ox.

...Dangit! D: I don't wanna be an ox!

I'm gonna go cry...in my tree...that's underwater...where the sea-'nanas are. :'< *Sea-monkey-taur-cry*
(Even if I'm not an ox, I'm still a monkey-taur 'caz of the regular starry zodiac thing. XP)

Edit: *Lawl* Lookie at the monkey on this part of the page (Tore calandar) :3 It says Bichin. *Hee hee hee*...*Adds a 'T'* X3
bwahahahahahaaaaa...i'm a snaaaaake....>=P

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Shadrok

Quote from: RJ on July 19, 2006, 11:04:55 PM
Huh... they've also got stuff on "secret, inner animal" according to the hour you were born....

1.41 pm... I'm a sheep. D: Dang, combined with the rabbit that really sounds like me in a nutshell.

Hmm... 4:00 Pm (16:00) = Monkey

Monkey + Rooster = Monkey-Bird?

RJ

Quote from: Shadrok on July 19, 2006, 11:39:03 PM
Quote from: RJ on July 19, 2006, 11:04:55 PM

Hmm... 4:00 Pm (16:00) = Monkey

Monkey + Rooster = Monkey-Bird?

Nooo... NOT EXACTLY!

Lysander

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 19, 2006, 02:27:17 PM
Lycander, not that you probably realized this, but your dark red font is hard to read on 50%+ of the skins in the forum. Try to post in something a little easier to red next time.
Ah, thanks for the info. I'm all about the DMFA bacground so I haven't realized. Guess it's back to the normal for now. At least I still have... :januscat
TytajLucheek

KarlOmega1

Xze...a snake?! I just hope you're not a venomous snake....*gulp*
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Netami

Heh, I'm an ox even as a secret animal.  :U

Gabi

I'm an Earth Goat. Or Sheep, depending on the version of the Chinese zodiac you go by.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

blade

I am an Earth Horse that was born in the hour of the tiger

Toric

Lessee... Wood rat.... Hey RJ, I'm a squirrel! :mowhappy
Yap by Silver.

RJ

Quote from: Toric on July 21, 2006, 06:53:21 PM
Lessee... Wood rat.... Hey RJ, I'm a squirrel! :mowhappy

:rj Have some free muffins then!

Miaka

Metal freakin' goat.

......I have so very much hate for my chinese zodiac. no offence to anyone who might take it, but I utterly despise goats. they're annoying little sons of bitches to take care of.
ignore me.

RJ

Would it better if you thought of it as a sheep? o_o

Kitsune Ascendant

well, I'm a dragon, which matches my real-world personality well enough. earth, however, is not my dominant element. that's fire.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Miaka

Quote from: RJ on July 22, 2006, 10:15:24 PM
Would it better if you thought of it as a sheep? o_o
meh. tghe description they give of the sheep (artistic,shy, and inquisitive if I can remember correctly) fits me pretty well, but the animal itself...... hell no. and my dominant element? not Metal. most other things I could see, but metal?

[edit] and my musical tastes makes me edit this. Unless they're talking about the music, then maybe it might fit, but even then, it's a stretch.

Rowne

Well, it looks like I'm a Dragon of Fire.  It would've been more awesom if I had been a Metal Dragon because they're always nifty.  The Metal Dragons of the Wonderboy games stand as testament to this.

RJ

Quote from: Miaka on July 22, 2006, 10:24:19 PM
meh. tghe description they give of the sheep (artistic,shy, and inquisitive if I can remember correctly) fits me pretty well, but the animal itself...... hell no. and my dominant element? not Metal. most other things I could see, but metal?

[edit] and my musical tastes makes me edit this. Unless they're talking about the music, then maybe it might fit, but even then, it's a stretch.

The Chinese consider metal to be the westernised version of 'air', if that makes it sound better.

Nikki

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on July 20, 2006, 05:18:29 PM
Xze...a snake?! I just hope you're not a venomous snake....*gulp*
*bares her fangs* would you like to see if i am or not?

Hmmm...wood Snake and Dragon...

Gabi

Quote from: RJ on July 23, 2006, 08:33:45 AM
Quote from: Miaka on July 22, 2006, 10:24:19 PM

The Chinese consider metal to be the westernised version of 'air', if that makes it sound better.
Is that supposed to mean they think of our air as metal?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly