Michael Jackson is dead

Started by GabrielsThoughts, June 25, 2009, 07:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Cvstos

I just saw this. Talk about the end of an era. I wasn't a fan, but everyone has to agree that for a long time he was a substantial force in the music industry and had millions of fans worldwide.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

M

I'm really sad about it. He was an extremely talented guy, and I liked his music a lot.

Rest in Peace, King of Pop.

Darkmoon

His first couple of albums were really quite catchy.

Also, for the record, Billie Jean was not his lover.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Gareeku

She thought that he was the one, but the kid wasn't his son.

RIP Michael Jackson.

Alondro

First Ed McMahon, then Farrah Fawcett, Now Michael Jackson; all within 3 days.

Someone is assassinating all the 80's icons!   :U

And the one behind it must be.... Kim Jong Il!   He DID say he'd wipe the USA off the face of the map just a few days ago!  Now we know how!  He's already on teh move!  HE MUST BE STOPPED BEFORE HE REACHES THE 90's, or our local space-time field will collpase and the USA will be sucked into a black hole!!  D:
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

rabid_fox

Frankly, I blame it on the boogie.

Oh dear.

M

They're actually playing all of his music videos on MTV. It's pretty amazing.

Netrogo

There are no words to express my feelings right now. He was one of the people who truly influenced my love of the entertainment industry. Hell I had a fucking replica version of his jacket from Thriller when I was little. This is just a really shitty show of how time is truly marching on despite our incredible dislike for it.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Keleth

Quote from: Marmonstein on June 25, 2009, 08:00:24 PM
They're actually playing all of his music videos on MTV. It's pretty amazing.

HOLY SHIT!

MTV is playing MUSIC AGAIN?!
Help! I'm gay!

JackTheCubiWolf

I just heard from youtube.

Edit: Entertainment Tonight on CW is talking about his and some Farrah woman's death right now.us
I'm back, and tired.

M

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on June 25, 2009, 10:35:33 PM
I just heard from youtube.

Edit: Entertainment Tonight on CW is talking about his and some Farrah woman's death right now.us

The woman they are referring to is Farrah Fawcett. She was a famous actress who was on Charlie's Angels. She was also really well known for her hairstyle. ;P

She succumbed to cancer, the poor woman.

Angel

I thought it was a joke at first. My friend's frien texted her and then I saw the text from my mom... we had it confirmed by people in the shopping commons we were at. I remember the first time I heard Thriller on Halloween... hell, I remember being introduced to the Jackson 5 by my aunt when I was ten. I'm still pretty bowled over, but it's starting to sink in.

Even if it's too soon, though, I gotta ask:

Does anyone else feel like Michael stole Farrah Fawcett's thunder? Or is it because we knew she was sick and this is a total out-of-the-blue shock?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

M

Quote from: Black_angel on June 25, 2009, 11:50:11 PM
Even if it's too soon, though, I gotta ask:

Does anyone else feel like Michael stole Farrah Fawcett's thunder? Or is it because we knew she was sick and this is a total out-of-the-blue shock?

I think it's the shock, really. Farrah had been going downhill for months. Michael's death pretty much came out of nowhere. He was also about to start a tour, and a lot of people (myself included) figured he was generally healthy.

Plus he seems like one of those icons you can't really imagine dying. He was a huge face in music.

Kipiru

This is a sad, sad news- Michael was a legend in all aspects! Loved by all and then brought down by hatefull rumors. I personally never even for a second believe any of the crap they threw at him. The guy was just a bit weird, but that is a must for all great showmen. The only man to have a statue erected in his honor while he was still alive. Rest in piece Michael, you shall be greatly missed!

Omega

Well isn't this out of blue all of the sudden.

I can't say that I will miss the fellah, but he did made some fancy songs at his early days.

Of course those that still believe that Mr. Jackson is dead should go to read Sam & Fuzzy and learn about conspiracy.

Ren Gaulen

I wasn't a big fan of his music, but still there were some of Jackson's songs that I did like. And there is no arguing with the fact that he was a great musician, and a pop icon of all time. A shame he had to go, really..

Quote from: Alondro on June 25, 2009, 07:36:54 PM
First Ed McMahon, then Farrah Fawcett, Now Michael Jackson; all within 3 days.

Someone is assassinating all the 80's icons!   :U

And the one behind it must be.... Kim Jong Il!   He DID say he'd wipe the USA off the face of the map just a few days ago!  Now we know how!  He's already on teh move!  HE MUST BE STOPPED BEFORE HE REACHES THE 90's, or our local space-time field will collpase and the USA will be sucked into a black hole!!  D:
Kim Jong Il: "First McMahon, then Farrah Fawcett, and now you. It is a pity you Autobots icons of the 80's die so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction."

superluser

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 26, 2009, 06:23:21 AMKim Jong Il: "First McMahon, then Farrah Fawcett, and now you. It is a pity you Autobots icons of the 80's die so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction."

You know what they say--they always die in threes.  Mainly because you stop counting after 3.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Jack McSlay

It was quite surprising, serious, who dies at the age of 50? Ozzy Osbourne, as drugged as he's been in the past, is at his 60s yet still alive and working.

I only learned now about the fact he was an hipocondriac just now, and to some accounts they're blaming a vanished doctor for injecting him pankillers.

Or maybe he is an alien and MIB just deported him back to his home planet like they did to Elvis Presley
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Passive

Sprocketsdance

I seen on TMZ tonight (personally I hate the show but they were talking about MJ... plus we get three channels.. I digress) and supposedly they say that he had a personal doctor there who would inject him with Demerol on a periodic basis.. and they're assuming that he could very well have overdosed on the drug since it is known to stop the heart if too much is taken..

I hate rumors but if that is the case.. holy cow.. I would hate to be that doctor.

Either way.. he will surely be missed...

Kafzeil

As much flak as they guy got in his later years, this is very much the next Elvis and Lennon. Jackson was quite possibly one the most influential musicians of his era, if not THE most influential. He left a big mark on the music industry, Popular Culture, a many, many lives.

I may not be a big fan of him, but his early works were good in my opinion, and I usually hate pop. I  MJ...Rest in Peace. Say High to John, George, Kurt, Bon, Jimi, Jim, and Freddie for me.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Distracting

It's a tragedy to see such an influential artist like MJ go. It's terrifying to think of if/when David Bowie will go.

Also, et tu, Billy Mays?

Alondro

Quote from: Distracting on June 28, 2009, 12:46:23 PM
It's a tragedy to see such an influential artist like MJ go. It's terrifying to think of if/when David Bowie will go.

Also, et tu, Billy Mays?

There THERE!!!  DO YOU SEE?!  It's just like I said!  Kim Jong Il has struck again!  HE MUST BE STOPPED NOW!!  The time fabric is being ripped like the seat of a fanbois pants after an all you can eat buffet at Pizza Hut!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Mao

GabrielsThoughts

okay, I realise this is in bad taste. Yet, I beleive I've discovered the culprit of the celebrity murders...

It makes perfect sense, how else could it look like natural causes.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Turnsky

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 30, 2009, 12:32:38 AM
okay, I realise this is in bad taste. Yet, I beleive I've discovered the culprit of the celebrity murders...

*image*

It makes perfect sense, how else could it look like natural causes.

somebody in another forum beat you to it, with far more sublime results, nice go at it, though..
edit: props for using the shamwow bloke, though, and more a blanket joke, than just jacko.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Kafzeil

Slightly better taste, but still just as likely:

Albert: *fries things* Welcome home, mast... what happened to your robes? They're so... clean.
Death: THERE WAS A RATHER LOUD FELLOW TODAY... HE WAS VERY PERSUASIVE.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Alondro

KIM JONG IL HAS TEH DEATH NOTE!!! ZOMG!!!   :O

*hides by burying himself 1000000000 miles underground!!* 

He won't get me!  He doesn't know my name!  :paranoid

GabrielsThoughts

technically, I spotted the image in another forum and thought it was funny...although to be honest, I  have no idea who made it.