05/25/09 [DMFA #1007] - There's always time for pants!

Started by Netrogo, May 25, 2009, 12:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradypodidae

Quote from: Kabbalist on May 25, 2009, 01:43:06 PM
Oh, and one more thing: Dang it, enough with the TV Tropes links already! Yes, they're on topic and yes, they're apropos, but I go in well-deserved fear of losing hours of my time to perusing the extensively cross-referenced and amusing archive!
Off topic, I know, but I, too, must lament the hours of life I will never get back from being sucked into the endless fascinating maze that is the Tropes...

And I still think Jyrras is peeking through his fingers in the last frame.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Buhamet

Quote from: inuhanyo on May 25, 2009, 02:20:23 PM
I'm a little surprised that Dan doesn't feel weak or dizzy, considering that he's lost a lot of blood.

Well, we don't actually know how long he's been unconcious in truth....... or how quickly he can recover form that stuff, so you never know

Daymond42

So who removed the pants? It's still a mystery.. Kria or Lorenda seems to be the popular decision... but consider the possibility that Matilda was wanting to visit Dan because he hadn't called her yet..

... just sayin'!  :eager

Garsemor

Quote from: Buhamet on May 25, 2009, 02:21:50 PM
Quote from: inuhanyo on May 25, 2009, 02:20:23 PM
I'm a little surprised that Dan doesn't feel weak or dizzy, considering that he's lost a lot of blood.

Well, we don't actually know how long he's been unconcious in truth....... or how quickly he can recover form that stuff, so you never know

Well Dan is a Cubi and Cubi can regenerate entire limbs in a short moment, whit a little help. Abel was missing half a wing (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_595.php) and a few moments later he had fully recovered and packed his tings (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_597.php). Cubi have a rather good recovery speed so it's not surprising. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if at some stage blood becomes unessential just as food, water, air and sleep.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Garsemor on May 25, 2009, 02:49:45 PM
Well Dan is a Cubi and Cubi can regenerate entire limbs in a short moment, whit a little help. Abel was missing half a wing (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_595.php) and a few moments later he had fully recovered and packed his tings (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_597.php). Cubi have a rather good recovery speed so it's not surprising. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if at some stage blood becomes unessential just as food, water, air and sleep.
Uh, dude? That's because the freaking nurse was healing him. That page is literally in between the two you linked.

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Garsemor

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 25, 2009, 02:56:21 PM
Quote from: Garsemor on May 25, 2009, 02:49:45 PM
Uh, dude? That's because the freaking nurse was healing him. That page is literally in between the two you linked.

I did say whit a little help. I also think it was mentioned somewhere, not sure were exactly, that Cubi have a fast regeneration rate. And in this case Dan did have help healing so all I'm saying is that it's no surprise he's back on his feat.

Also he got revived from death in moments even thou he had a large wound just by hinting Alzan on the head whit a staff.(http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_160.php)

Tapewolf

I'm just wondering how Wildy's going to react when she discovers that 'Biggs' sent Dan to his doom.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kabbalist

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 25, 2009, 03:39:04 PM
I'm just wondering how Wildy's going to react when she discovers that 'Biggs' sent Dan to his doom.

Granted, it wasn't all that doomy to start with (I don't think "Biggs" intended for Dark Pegasus to actually be resurrected while Dan was there, unless...), but my money is on something along the lines of:

QuoteDammit, getting Dan into life-threatening danger is my job! My brother will pay dearly for this...

Or maybe:

QuoteBiggs sent Dan into a confrontation with his arch-nemesis without giving me a chance to watch?! My brother will pay dearly for this...

Madmann135

As funny as this may sound... it was about time Amber did some Fanservice for the type that is into men.
Believe me I was ecstatic over the previous female loving fanservice.

DEEBS, doesn't really count but she's cute.
Matilda  ...She has no wardrobe
Lorenda, she's kinda topless in this one...
Our favorite AMAZON, the more she fights the more cloths she looses.
and only because she's cute Cyra... her selection of cloths is instant fanservice in my book.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Naldru

Quote from: Madmann135 on May 25, 2009, 05:29:08 PM
As funny as this may sound... it was about time Amber did some Fanservice for the type that is into men.
Believe me I was ecstatic over the previous female loving fanservice.
Our favorite AMAZON, the more she fights the more cloths she looses.
And Dan was definitely paying close attention at that point.

However, don't forget the unknown unicorn
Edit:
Since you don't see any of Dan below the neck in the last frame, how do you know he isn't covering up?

Second edit:

I blew up the image on the computer, but the pixelization makes it impossible to tell if Jyrras is peeking.  However, the positioning of the fingers does appear consistent with peeking.  If he really didn't want to see, he could turn his back to Dan.  At least, he isn't holding a magnifying glass or pair of binoculars.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kipiru

Corgatha Taldorthar

If Dan had more presence of mind he could probably cover up with his wings.

Of course....... this is Dan we're talking about.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on May 25, 2009, 06:14:47 PM
If Dan had more presence of mind he could probably cover up with his wings.
Of course....... this is Dan we're talking about.

Given that a short time ago he was dying, I think he can be excused for that...

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Akisohida on May 25, 2009, 09:31:15 AM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on May 25, 2009, 03:10:25 AM
Okay, I could understand Destania not being bothered (she gave birth to him, after all), but ALEXSI?  :erk

Seriously?

Well, when your brother is an adventurer , you may get used to him coming home all beat up and needing to make sure the artery in the thigh is not cut, legs are not broken, etc. Plus, with no romantic interest since you think of each other as siblings, it would be much easier for Lexi to do so.

I'd say most siblings wouldn't think of each other as hot, or even care to look in that way.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Zylar

You'd think he'd notice he wasn't wearing pants before walking out...

Corgatha Taldorthar

he's covered in fur, it probably muffles the sensations of wind and the like on the skin.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Zylar on May 25, 2009, 09:56:48 PM
You'd think he'd notice he wasn't wearing pants before walking out...

He just woke up, and he likely wears shorts to bed normally.  And Another thing... Where is he in the Inn anyway?   
A few comics back, JyJy and Wildy were in a hallway.... Now Dan comes out of a guest room or his bedroom to their sights?  Doesn't he have the basement to himself.(well he shares it with a few rats ...and Abel ....and Mabs)

PBH

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Buhamet

Quote from: Turnsky on May 26, 2009, 05:59:24 AM
we all know how Dan lost his pants

Amen to the awesome picture!

Also, just because Dan's room is in the basement, doesn't mean that the basement doesn't have a corridoor with Dan's room attached to it.

Raskahn

And now the solve the riddle of "Who took Dan's pants off".

In comic #988 it's stated he's barely conscious, not unconscious. Also, in comic #998 we can read he's resting. People who are in a coma or unconscious don't need to be left alone to rest.

Therefor, I find it more likely he took them off himself. After they healed him up he shouldn't have had any trouble with that.

Besides sometimes it's just too hot for pants in bed  :)

*edit for grammar*

Alondro

Dan now has some magical hero credentials: not aware of heritage, gone to a magical school, faced and defeated a powerful enemy twice without really knowing what the hell he was doing, and now is having numerous embarassing and humerous situations.

Perhaps he is seeing through his arch-enemy's eyes: He-Who-Must-Be-Named-Dark-Pegasus... who has indeed come back from the dead!  And his clan symbol is actually a scar made by Dark Magic! 

Dan is the Chosen One!   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Buhamet

oh sweet gods no............ chosen one? Chosen one of what?? there have been no prophecies!

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Buhamet on May 26, 2009, 11:51:48 AM
oh sweet gods no............ chosen one? Chosen one of what?? there have been no prophecies!

There's at least one...
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Buhamet

Possible......... but that's more likely the case of being amusing and not serious

thegayhare

now that I look at the tread title I'm getting an image in my head

"Fi where are my pants"
fi pulls out a gelitin mold
"I wanted to keep them safe so I encased them in gelatin"

jeffh4

A few things.

Of course Wildy will enthusiastically point out Dan's blunder in the most embarrassing way possible.  That's one of the true joys of her life!

Earlier, someone suggested Wildy saying something like "Hi, Dan! Glad to see you're up!"  If Amber had used that line, she would have had to change the comic rating!

As for what kind of . . .  ummm . . .  appearance Dan had when he stepped out of the room, there is something guys call "Morning Wood."  No hot dreams or anything else required, just basic guy biology.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Psaakyrn on May 26, 2009, 11:58:12 AM

There's at least one...

That wasn't prophecy, it was speculation.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Indy

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 27, 2009, 01:54:22 AM
Quote from: Psaakyrn on May 26, 2009, 11:58:12 AM

There's at least one...

That wasn't prophecy, it was speculation.

There is a prophecy about his birth, though. Hm...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Indy on May 27, 2009, 12:38:18 PM
There is a prophecy about his birth, though. Hm...

Depends if it was prognostication or not.  We don't really know the timing of the events, but they seemed to be speaking as if it had already happened.