03/22/09 [DMFA #985] - New levels of disgust

Started by Jairus, March 22, 2009, 02:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on March 24, 2009, 02:09:19 PM
Man. I wonder what kind of god were talking about here. A cute small but deadly god or big bad boss battle god?

For all we know it's a figment of DP's imagination.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

JackTheCubiWolf

Yeah because Amber is suppose to be god of that universe.
I'm back, and tired.

Lowde

Tapewolf

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on March 24, 2009, 07:37:44 PM

Apparently there are four 'Cubi gods.

Jairus

Quote from: Lowde on March 24, 2009, 07:51:24 PM
Fluffy is the dark god :U
No: Deebs is. After all, her name is "Deathbringer..."
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

icarus

i'd worship deebs. she seems the amiable sort. most of her ceremonies would probably involve cupcakes and applejuice.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Alondro

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 24, 2009, 07:59:07 PM

*Charline waltzes in*  You called?   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 24, 2009, 07:59:07 PM

Sakura, Wacom, Adobe & Graphite?

>:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

John Roh

maybe we could have an arc someday that shows things from dp's perspective maybe he aint all bad ... well maybe.

joshofspam

Quote from: John Roh on March 25, 2009, 01:22:20 PM
maybe we could have an arc someday that shows things from dp's perspective maybe he aint all bad ... well maybe.

If Deebs is the dark god I can't help but feel that he would have a candy land view of things.

Man. How ironic would that be? An ego like his in his own candy kingdom.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

N-Cat

Is it okay if I ask who Charline is? If so, Who is Charline? Is it someone on the forums or a cameo appearance? It's really confusing with all these references to her!

Anyways, on topic.  I think Amber is the current God, but Dark Pegasus wants to raise up Fluffy against her, thus explaining why Fluffy has been so mean to Amber: He wants to take over.  (I'm positive that one comic referred to Fluffy as a "he")

Tapewolf

Quote from: N-Cat on March 26, 2009, 08:57:23 AM
Is it okay if I ask who Charline is? If so, Who is Charline? Is it someone on the forums or a cameo appearance? It's really confusing with all these references to her!

Charline is a character created by Alondro.  In the old forum, he would tend to RP as her.  By virtue of asking prior to the move he is the only forum member who is allowed to RP in the Lost Lake section, and then only as long as he doesn't go too mad.

See also:  http://www.mabsland.com/ArtGroup/Fighter.jpg

Pagan

Anyways, on topic.  I think Amber is the current God, but Dark Pegasus wants to raise up Fluffy against her, thus explaining why Fluffy has been so mean to Amber: He wants to take over.  (I'm positive that one comic referred to Fluffy as a "he")

Fluffy has also been referred to as "she." Fluffy's like Vaarsuvius. We ain't gettin' a definitive gender of Fluffster.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Pagan on March 26, 2009, 09:13:01 AM
Fluffy has also been referred to as "she."
Wrong...

Fluffy's like Vaarsuvius. We ain't gettin' a definitive gender of Fluffster.
But yes, that is correct. Fluffy has been referred to as both he and she. The gender is ambiguous.

Jairus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 26, 2009, 02:53:18 PM
Fluffy's like Vaarsuvius. We ain't gettin' a definitive gender of Fluffster.
But yes, that is correct. Fluffy has been referred to as both he and she. The gender is ambiguous.
"Amber" has said that even she isn't certain.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 26, 2009, 02:53:18 PM
Fluffy has also been referred to as "she."
Wrong...

Also, tech. It means "as well as"; in other words, you'll have to find every reference to fluffy and confirm that they are all "he" before your statement stands.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Pagan was saying that Fluffy was only referred to as "she". I was just pointing out that Fluffy's been referred to as "he" and "she". I made no other statement.

Mao

Fluffy has also been referred to as "she." Fluffy's like Vaarsuvius. We ain't gettin' a definitive gender of Fluffster.

Tech, it looks to me like Pagan is saying that it's been referred to as both he and she, if you read what he quoted.  Note the word 'also'.  His second statement even says that it's not definitive.

techmaster-glitch

...ah. You're right. Sorry. I wasn't reading something right. :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Buhamet

Perhaps fluffy is the way of getting past the annoying "political correctness" issues, by remaining totally unknown...... that way, if she ever gets accused of not having a certain type of person represented in the comic, she can just say "look! Fluffy!"

also, why is it that the thought of 4 Cubi gods made me instantly think of the 4 dark Gods from Warhammer? (Yes, I be nerdy and made an annoying connection)

Pagan

Well, the four Chaos gods in Warhammer 40K are highly emotional beings. Cubi are highly emotional beings. It kinda fits.

Where's that "I Want to Believe" poster?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Alondro

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 26, 2009, 09:04:45 AM

Charline is a character created by Alondro.  In the old forum, he would tend to RP as her.  By virtue of asking prior to the move he is the only forum member who is allowed to RP in the Lost Lake section, and then only as long as he doesn't go too mad.

*Charles goes mad!  He runs around naked singing in a high-pitched scratchy voice!*  I am the King of gum-drop laaaaaaand!   :superlick
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

N-Cat

Yes, tech-master, that was the one I was thinking of.  Thanks!  Is there any comic (in specific, I would like the actual comic number) though, that refers to Fluffy as a "she?"  I honestly can't remember ever seeing one.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Pagan on March 26, 2009, 04:46:48 PM
Well, the four Chaos gods in Warhammer 40K are highly emotional beings. Cubi are highly emotional beings. It kinda fits.

Where's that "I Want to Believe" poster?

Fa'lina-Tzeentch!
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: N-Cat on March 26, 2009, 08:37:46 PM
Yes, tech-master, that was the one I was thinking of.  Thanks!  Is there any comic (in specific, I would like the actual comic number) though, that refers to Fluffy as a "she?"  I honestly can't remember ever seeing one.
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_849.php "her"

Baal Hadad

Which is odd because I seem to recall Fluffy being referred to as a "he" elsewhere in the comic....

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 27, 2009, 02:43:49 AM
Which is odd because I seem to recall Fluffy being referred to as a "he" elsewhere in the comic....

... pay attention, Baal. That's what the conversation is all about...

Baal Hadad

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 27, 2009, 06:31:48 AM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 27, 2009, 02:43:49 AM

... pay attention, Baal. That's what the conversation is all about...

Mea culpa....

*hides in corner*