[Art Exchange] Covert Courtesy Commutation ~ 6/8 gifts are up.

Started by Gabi, February 17, 2009, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

Alright! All players have been asigned, and Mao's in too!

Remember you have time until the 24th to submit your gifts.

In the meantime you can use this topic to provide any information you deem useful, or anything your gifter requests.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Aisha deCabre

Alright, so we can use it to put up character refs, then?  If so, for whomever has me, I thought I'd put up a few picture references, that is if they do want to do pictures. x3

One of the best references I have for Aisha.  General colors and appearance, minus the yellow portions of her clothing, are spot-on.

Another reference, also a good one for her sword, Dragonblade (minus the blood)

Another good reference for the Dragonblade.  No, Aisha's not really a dragon. x3

A reference for her bladed boomerang weapon.  It's a silvery color.

I don't care really how one draws her, fighting pose or peaceful scene...just nothing too mature.  Just do your best. ^^  Also, I'm curious, but if we want to ask our giftee something specifically without revealing ourselves, can the questions go through Gabi or Mao?  Just making sure. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gabi

Sure, you can do that. :)

And yes, this is the place for character references and the likes.

WhiteFox

D:{Nuuuuuh!)

Stupid work, sucking my life away. I can't believe I missed this.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Gabi

Sorry to hear that, WhiteFox. If this succeeds, we may have a new one some other time.

Gabi

Question for Dannysaysnoo (from his gifter): do you want anything in particular? Your gifter has been taking some cool photos (quoting, as I haven't seen them myself), but would like to know if there is anything you want to have drawn or something.

And since we're at it, The1Kobra's gifter asks a similar question.

Dannysaysnoo

Mr. Gifter

Quite frankly, i don't give a damn. so long as you enjoy and challenge yourself while you so it.

Noone

To be honest, there really isn't anything in specific which I want. I'm not really going to be picky, so, really, anything artistic with some effort attached would do. I'm not trying to ask for very much.

Gabi

New question! Beever, is there anything you would like to see in your gift? Any theme, character references, etc.?

e_voyager

this seems nice but i'm not sure i have the skills for it. that reason why i've only take place in one secret Santa was because i felt that i wasn't skilled enough to give the other poster members a worthy gift.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

But e, it's not a matter of skill! Really, if you can play IF, you can participate in this too. When signups are open, that is. The idea seems to have caught some interest (and I'm glad for that), so I think we may do it again some other time. :)

Beever

Quote from: Gabi on March 14, 2009, 09:47:45 AM
New question! Beever, is there anything you would like to see in your gift? Any theme, character references, etc.?

Wow thanks Gabi, hmm I really consider it an act of free will but,..Hmm.Judging from the Avatar, you could use  the eye glasses as a key and transfer the image of the character in a funky or jazz club .It is not really necessary, but something of that kind is what i had in mind.Improvisation  accepted anytime.Whatever you create I will be pleased.

Thanks once again ! :mowwink :)

Gabi

And now, a question for Ren from his gifter: what color are the wings of your awakened form?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Gabi on March 19, 2009, 12:03:33 PM
And now, a question for Ren from his gifter: what color are the wings of your awakened form?
They are white with some red at the tips of prime feathers and a little glowy (just a little, so you won't notice that in the sunlight).

Max Wolf

just my luck  i get a new computer and i miss the  event >.<

Mao

4 days to go folks.  Hope  you're all nearly finished!

Gabi

At this rate I think this won't be our last CCC.

However, I'm sorry to inform you that the gift for The1Kobra is likely to be late due to computer problems.

Beever's gifter is still confused by the fact that the character in his avatar is "pretty much a dead ringer for a character in the webcomic Broken Plot Device", and would like to know whether that is the character he wants drawn, or whether he would like another random species.

Beever

And here is the Beever's answer.
If this could ease my gifter, the character is a kind of muscular humanoid lizard.But I'd like to include here, that the face(the snout), itself, has features more in common with a dinosaur, rather than with an actual lizard, so some kind of a mix you know :)

Thanks, I'll be looking forward to it   :mowsmile ;)

Mao

Hey folks, I hope you've all finished up your gifts!

Anyway, I've gotten a few questions about how we're going to handle the exchange.  At the moment I have to say:  I don't know.  I should have asked Gabi last night while I had the chance. XP  For now, PM them to her is the best I can suggest.  If it looks like that's not going anywhere, I'll come up with something simple. :D

Gabi

...And here are the gifts! Thanks to everyone who participated. It has been fun. :)

Kipiru drew this for Ren: Ren Unleashed

The1Kobra drew this for Jairus: gift

Author's note - /* Author's comments
Well, here is what I've made, I tried to make an anthropomorphic rodent sitting by a cliffside, eyes closed, or at least something to that effect. I haven't drawn anything in about four years, so it's probably not the best piece of work out there. I found drawing the thing in pencil hard, though... having to make some corrections in MS paint using a touchpad didn't help, but I think the worst thing was me trying to jury-rig my cellphone as a camera, which didn't do wonders for the image quality, notably making the background a lot darker than it should have been. Still, I think it came out alright for a sketch (I briefly tried coloring then gave up in frustration.) I think the worst part, as far as making the thing, were the hands and the shoes, to which I kind of made the shoes look like boots and had the hands covered in mittens. Anyways, there it is, I hope the viewer enjoys.
*/

Aisha deCabre made this for Beever: here's the link to Beever's picture.
Author's note - Hope he finds it to his liking.  It's been fun participating. :3

Basilisk2150 made this gift for Dannysaysnoo: Portrait
Author's note - After hitting a sudden patch of motivation, i managed to finish it on time... barely... as a side note, drawing detailed sunglasses sucks... a lot...

and sorry to Dannysaysnoo about the image quality, my scanner refused to co-operate, so i had to use my camera to take a picture of the drawing... i'll see if i can't correct that, but it seems the scanner itself is actually dead...

Mao Loren drew this for The1Kobra: gift
Author's note - Explanation:

I had a hard time with this because I really wasn't sure what to do for Kobra.  However I decided that given the little bit I did know about him that I could probably do something along the lines of dragons and chess.  Unfortunately not long after I finally had that idea, my computer died.  Now, given that I need reference pictures to draw, this pretty well blew everything out of the water.  Thankfully saturday I got my computer back, but time was getting tight.  I rushed about trying to get something, anything done, but nothing came out.  I even drew a short comic featuring me detailing this situation.  Thankfully though, sunday night I was smacked in the face with inspiration.  I was reading through the DMFA archives and came upon this.  It was perfect.  I saw exactly what I needed.  So I set the image up on my screen as a reference (so big credit to Amber) and within an hour a rough sketch came out.  I tweaked the image the next night while watching t.v.  Today I scanned it in after work and as quick as I could, colored, shaded (poorly) and added text.  I hope Kobra likes it.

Fun Facts:  I had also thought about drawing one of his characters that I found in the RP forum, but nothing came from that idea, mainly because I just couldn't picture it.

Beever made this for Kipiru: Kipiru The Starrider

Dannysaysnoo says: "The time i had to work on my gift has been lost. It'll be delayed. Sorry."
I will post his gift for Aisha once I get it.

Jairus has responded to poking and sent this poem for Cogidubnus:

Quote from: Jairus on March 25, 2009, 07:56:27 PM
Here it is.

"Nature's Wanderers" for Cogidubnus

The woods are quiet: nature's sounds
Are all one hears from all around.
A silent hunter prowls through here,
The gray wolf prowls without a fear.

Not far from there, a swordsman stands,
Whose shoes have tread from distant lands.
All that he owns within his sack,
And a sheathed sword upon his back.

An autumn breaze knocks off a leaf,
And slowly sings a song of grief.
The whistling sound cuts through to bone,
And makes one feel so all alone.

The setting sun sets land ablaze,
The lands cools down o'er shorter days.
Soon winter's snow shall come again,
Jack Frost's white quill shall frost the glen.

But here, for now, the land burns red,
As if some great beast here had bled
Within the wake of some great fight,
Before it fades with the coming night.

The swordsman knows that night comes fast,
And knows to camp before the last
Rays of sunlight light up the sky.
He sets his pack with weary sigh.

And that is when their paths do cross,
Within this glen now green with moss.
The wolf and sword, two hunters' gaze
See eye to eye in failing rays.

They stand but for a moment there,
Their eyes locked in a frozen stare.
And then it ends, and they go on.
As equals met, not battle won.

Ren is going to be late. He says it slipped his mind in the wake of all his RL/internet problems.

I have no news from Cogidubnus, sorry. I'll poke him to see if he responds.

Lisky

soo... out of curiosity, am i waiting on ren or cogi?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Gabi

You're waiting for Ren. Which I guess is a good thing, because I've already communicated with him, even if it was through a proxy (thanks to Jairus for this).

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on March 25, 2009, 08:17:58 PM
soo... out of curiosity, am i waiting on ren or cogi?
Quote from: Gabi on March 25, 2009, 08:19:36 PM
You're waiting for Ren. Which I guess is a good thing, because I've already communicated with him, even if it was through a proxy (thanks to Jairus for this).
I'm terribly sorry for my slowness, I'll try to make up for it. :3

Quote from: Gabi on March 25, 2009, 07:50:04 PM
Kipiru drew this for Ren: Ren Unleashed
Wow! This picture looks awesome! Thanks, Kip. This is great. Looks like Warhammer 40K crossed with Trigun and /or Devil May Cry (I can't decide which). :]

Lisky

don't worry about it, i'm a patient person... if you need a few days, that's fine by me, just so long as you have fun with it

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Mao

Excellent work everyone!  They all look great!  Except for mine, sorry Kobra.

Kipiru

Quote from: Gabi on March 25, 2009, 07:50:04 PM
Beever made this for Kipiru: Kipiru The Starrider

MINDBLOWINGLY AWESOME DUDE! Thanks a milion for this buddy! You really surprised me there- I never thought I would be so proud with someone else's vision of Kipiru. Marvelous!

Dannysaysnoo

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on March 26, 2009, 12:36:21 PM
Dear Aisha

I'm almost done. Hang on.

-Danny

Hey, no problem, I'm rather patient.  Thanks!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Lisky

well, i had a lot of fun with this... and i learned that detailed reflections are the bane of my existence... other than that... i'd be up for another round if your going planning on doing one some time in the near future

Noone

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 26, 2009, 07:41:37 AM
Excellent work everyone!  They all look great!  Except for mine, sorry Kobra.
In all honesty, I actually think what you made for me was better than what I made. I suppose that of course, is up to the viewer to decide.
Hehe, I can picture that Abel vs Pyroduck scene, with Pyroduck simply saying "Checkmate". :)