[Art Exchange] Covert Courtesy Commutation ~ 6/8 gifts are up.

Started by Gabi, February 17, 2009, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sofox

Aisha, slightly revised version here. Turned out my regular monitor was at a setting that made me not notice some slight colour issues the pic had.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Kipiru on August 07, 2009, 12:19:59 PM
The gift I got from e_voyager blew me down- a great interpretation of Ren's joke! I almost busted a gut when I first realized where that was going! Thank you E!

And here is, with a little delay, my gift for Dannysaysnoo:

Dannysaysnoo

I hope it's liked  :mowwink

Oh... oh wow...

That is super dupe awesome! :D Thanks you very very much! :D

*hugs*

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Sofox on August 07, 2009, 03:11:03 PM
Aisha, slightly revised version here. Turned out my regular monitor was at a setting that made me not notice some slight colour issues the pic had.

Ah, that does look a little better.  Thanks!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Beever

Hi there, here is my gift  for WhiteFox finally finished!

I hope he likes it.  :) :mowsmile

WhiteFox

WhiteFox

Awesome!

I think I mentioned, once, ages ago, that I did period fencing. This is just perfect.

Thank you!
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Ren Gaulen

Sorry for the delay, here is my gift for Basil:

Baseel

Sorry, it's just a sketch; I didn't have much time to draw anything lately. :< And I picked the description from Rhyfe2002's thread, where Bas posted a rather detailed description of his character. I hope he likes it and does not mind that Baseel looks positively evil in this picture. :B

Lisky

hehe, don't worry about it Ren... It is awesome  :hug

Thank you so much... again... as always, i love your work :3

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Noone

Sofox:
I'm glad you liked it. :)

Aisha:
It's incredible! Tis better than anything I could draw for sure. Thanks again.

WhiteFox

Well, I wanted to pass this by Dekari before posting it 'cuz it's a very liberal interpretation of his character, and I didn't want my artistic license revoked for going over the line.

But, Dekari has since given his approval, so here it be.
(Warning: Blood, and some PG13 Nudity)
Page 1
Page 2
Oh, those wacky insane megalomaniacal scientists. Will they ever learn?

Probably the most significant element I added in there was the quadruped frame. But, I mean, he's part Dragon and Mythos... how could I not?

I only realized afterwards that Dekari's character was supposed to be red/dark red, and I thought it was Red/gray, probably since I was thinking of Kip's rendition at the time. Too many things in the comic wouldn't look as good if I did fix it, like the clan mark fading in and the scales forming. So, I put together a colorized sketch more faithful to the description:
http://www.northernelectric.ca/~whitefox/images/dmfa/dekari_ref.png

Anyway, there it is. I think it's pretty cool, and I had fun doing it.

Dek, if you do settle on a design, let me know and I'd be willing to draw up an accurate rendition.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Dekari

Quote from: WhiteFox on August 08, 2009, 12:45:07 AM
I only realized afterwards that Dekari's character was supposed to be red/dark red, and I thought it was Red/gray, probably since I was thinking of Kip's rendition at the time. Too many things in the comic wouldn't look as good if I did fix it, like the clan mark fading in and the scales forming.

Well, more or less some setup of red and black/gray/something dark or something to that extent was a color scheme I had in mind....but lets just call it "dramatic lighting"  :P.  And I think it looks better red/gray.  The red on red one is maybe too much red, but still looks good.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

e_voyager

Quote from: Kipiru on August 07, 2009, 12:19:59 PM
The gift I got from e_voyager blew me down- a great interpretation of Ren's joke! I almost busted a gut when I first realized where that was going! Thank you E!

And here is, with a little delay, my gift for Dannysaysnoo:

Dannysaysnoo

I hope it's liked  :mowwink

i'm glad you liked it. i need to make a few wrong word edits but i'm planning on putting it on  fur affinity and DA if you don't mind.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kipiru

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: The1Kobra on August 07, 2009, 07:38:06 PM
Aisha:
It's incredible! Tis better than anything I could draw for sure. Thanks again.

Very welcome, I'm glad to hear you found it an acceptable likeness.  :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

e_voyager

Danny, Danny, Danny i must say you've really surprised me. i like they way you gave her a techno mage appearance. i never e really did give her much of a background and you've given me a wonderful ideal for a story about her. thank you. i would have put this response up yesterday but i need to be sure of what i wanted to say and was kind of busy babysitting and barely had time for any post on the forum then.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Dannysaysnoo

Corgatha Taldorthar

It's been a week since the last post. Should we start up a new round?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Sprocketsdance

I'm itching so bad to start again!

...oh wait.. that's just the rash....

Either way, whenever it happens I'm in (just in case I loose track of something, I don't wanna miss it :animesweat )

Sofox

You know, guys, I hate to mess with a formula that (mostly) works, but do you think we should give a one or two week time period to do the arts rather then a whole month? I mean who here actually started work on their gift before the final week? The theory is that with a shorter deadline, the creators will focus on it earlier and finish it faster, without it hanging over their heads causing additional stress.

Corgatha Taldorthar

One week's a bit short. I spent 3 days of intensive effort, never mind how much time it took to get references down and to plot out the story, to write Hunter's Cry. But I'd say 2 weeks, or maybe a bit longer.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

e_voyager

Quote from: Sofox on August 17, 2009, 07:20:18 PM
You know, guys, I hate to mess with a formula that (mostly) works, but do you think we should give a one or two week time period to do the arts rather then a whole month? I mean who here actually started work on their gift before the final week? The theory is that with a shorter deadline, the creators will focus on it earlier and finish it faster, without it hanging over their heads causing additional stress.

i did. i started they day i knew who i was gifting but i needed to know more about them. in filbe's case what kind of things they liked in general and in Kiripu's case what his character's emotional standpoint, power limitation and general behavior were like. and then you still have to have time for the people your are gifting to replay to your question and all. then if the gift needs fine tuning you need to work on that as well. i changed the first part of the story when i found out that kiripu was not person that need to worry about his hair and all that entailed. form there the view of the story changed from being present tense to past tense as he was checking himself out after the prank rather then getting ready for what he hoped would be a date with the admiral.

Sofox

Alright in that case it's fine then.
To be honest, I actually had something bigger planned for my gift, but it turned out to be too ambitious even thought I started it early. I just thought it was worth at least bringing up the issue.

Mao

I would personally object to it being that short (though I haven't participated since the first round) simply because we don't want to put pressure on people.  This is supposed to be fun and a nice gesture for others.  Not work or stress.

Gabi

Yes, I don't think it would be a good idea. Some people have many things to do outside the forum and need time to finish their work.

...While others should be more responsible and meet the deadline. Whatever happened to Cog? As for the other two... I take it they haven't solved their scanner issues yet, but they could at least send a doodle, or a note with an apology.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Faerie Alex

How about I send inks and an apology? I really am sorry, I'm a dinkbutt and meant to get this in sooner, but failed. :< I'd make excuses, but I don't see much point in it.

As for actually getting something done, this is for Beever. I don't think he's a riveter, but I was having a hard time coming up with a pose. (This won out over a giant Beever tossing a DMV building. :P) I hope I got his character right, as I didn't have much to go on, just the beach picture Kipiru did.

Also, the sketch of that picture is linked from the link above, for the record.

Again, sorry for being late. :<
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Cogidubnus

My deepest apologies to Ren (I think it's safe to say his name now), but I've been having extreme difficulties getting anything down on paper right now. I'm currently trying to find a job, and the nagging unpleasantness of not having a job and needing to make rent makes getting the right frame of mind for writing exceedingly difficult. It's no excuse. I apologize profusely. I figured I owed an explanation, however.

I'll get this done just as quick as I can. I'm going to try and make it something special, since you've had to wait so long.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Cogidubnus on August 20, 2009, 08:08:50 PM
My deepest apologies to Ren (I think it's safe to say his name now), but I've been having extreme difficulties getting anything down on paper right now. I'm currently trying to find a job, and the nagging unpleasantness of not having a job and needing to make rent makes getting the right frame of mind for writing exceedingly difficult. It's no excuse. I apologize profusely. I figured I owed an explanation, however.

I'll get this done just as quick as I can. I'm going to try and make it something special, since you've had to wait so long.
It's OK, Cogi. I can wait. I hope you manage to find a job soon. :)

Gabi

...So that only leaves Zina. Does anyone know what became of her?

We can start taking sign-ups for the new round.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

WhiteFox

Lisky

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Corgatha Taldorthar