[Art Exchange] Covert Courtesy Commutation ~ 6/8 gifts are up.

Started by Gabi, February 17, 2009, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Oh gods this is awesome! :O Thanks, Corg, that was definitely worth the wait. :]

Cogidubnus

I apologize profoundly for my lateness. I was completely stumped as to what to write. However, this is what I came up with. It's not as funny as Jairus's tribute, but it's all I could do. I hope you like it.

The Homeless (For Teh_Hobo)

I write about the kings of old,
elder men with sagacious air,
men who prophecy fortold,
and empires move, with gentle care
Then this confronts me
a man of destitution, homeless,
wandering from street to sea,
anchorless, aimless, causeless, free
And in his aged, weathered face,
and image crumbling in the sun,
I see the folly of the race
that gentle life need not be run
That Kings and Princes, mighty, strong,
to those who lack are weak,
Immortal Kings aren't immortal long,
To be eternal - less, not more, you seek.

Teh_Hobo

One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Is there any news as to when the other entries in this round will be ready?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

e_voyager

i try to be on time i really7 do but i make be a little late for IF this round.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

Corgatha Taldorthar

Should we just give up on the last two and start a new round?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Gabi

We could do that. Then again, I'll be at AC next week, so it won't be easy to start the next round from there.

I can start taking signups, but I don't think I can actually begin the round until at least the 8th. So, with that in mind, feel free to sign up.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Lisky

I'm in, i've been doing plenty of sketching, and my muse is showing no signs of fading in the near future

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Aisha deCabre

With the hope that my luck changes for this round as it was to be before, I'm in as well.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Sprocketsdance

Faerie Alex

I'm in. Only question is where I can get access to a scanner here. I'm sure I can find one though.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Kipiru

Ren Gaulen

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Dekari

I've been tempted to put my name in for this at least once, been feeling the need to have a reason to be creative other than for my own needs (which has proven to be rather counter productive).  Can I be put down as a tentative maybe  :P....though all I'd be able to offer up is writings of some form.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

WhiteFox

This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Gabi

Quote from: Dekari on July 01, 2009, 11:12:43 AM
I've been tempted to put my name in for this at least once, been feeling the need to have a reason to be creative other than for my own needs (which has proven to be rather counter productive).  Can I be put down as a tentative maybe  :P....though all I'd be able to offer up is writings of some form.

Sorry, but a tentative maybe is the same as nothing. When I get back home I'm going to need a confirmation in order to see whether I have to assign you a recipient and a gifter or not.

Everyone else is in.

Dekari

Quote from: Gabi on July 03, 2009, 08:19:20 PM
Quote from: Dekari on July 01, 2009, 11:12:43 AM

Sorry, but a tentative maybe is the same as nothing. When I get back home I'm going to need a confirmation in order to see whether I have to assign you a recipient and a gifter or not.

Everyone else is in.

Ok then, yeah put my name in.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

Gabi

Noone

I should have enough free time available in the next month or so to complete something, I'd like to participate again as well.

Zina

Sofox

I wish to destroy someone's dream!
By which I mean I'm in.
By the way, if anyone does get me, feel free to ask (via Gabi if she doesn't mind) for a theme or idea or something I like if you get stuck, I'm likely to do the same with whoever I get.

Thanks for this Gabi!

Cogidubnus

Dannysaysnoo

Gabi

OK, then we have Corgatha Taldorthar, Basilisk2150, Aisha deCabre, wuffnpuff, modelincard, Kipiru, Ren Gaulen, e_voyager, Beever, Dekari, WhiteFox, The1Kobra, Zina, Sofox, Cogidubnus and Dannysaysnoo! That's 16 players!

Matchups will be assigned momentarily. You have time until Thursday, August 6th to submit your gifts.

Gabi

OK, first questions!

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo's gifterMight as well start asking- ask Dannysaysnoo- what he would like to see drawn- if it's some kind of character- I'd like some description and references if any!

Quote from: Beever's gifter
Does Beever have some sort of a character/avatar/fursona in particular?

Quote from: Wuffnpuff's gifterCould you send Wuffnpuff a request for information, concerning which character she wants a piece of artwork concerning, and especially what sort of personality they have and what sort of activities they'd do?

Quote from: Cogidubnus's gifterTell me about yourself; your favorite music (perhaps list examples), favorite movies, favorite food, vehicles, weather, season. Just anything and everything. It can be completely random but I need it. Perhaps even a favorite memory or a funny happening. Best friends on the forum even. The more things you list the easier my job is. :)

And e_voyager's gifter may or may not ask for a character description.

Important: remember that if you want anything in particular to feature in your gift, you can post it here regardless of whether you have been asked by your gifter or not.