[Art Exchange] Covert Courtesy Commutation ~ 6/8 gifts are up.

Started by Gabi, February 17, 2009, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

Beever

Gigantic! Gabi you are great! :) :mowsmile I'll be glad to take part in number 3. ;)

Jairus

Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Fibre

Gabi

OK, I'll take signups until tomorrow morning and then round 3 will begin.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Pagan

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Gabi

Sorry for the delay, the power went out.

So we have...

-Kipiru
-Corgatha Taldorthar
-The1Kobra
-Aisha deCabre
-Ren Gaulen
-Arroyo Milori
-wuffnpuff
-modelincard
-Teh_Hobo
-e_voyager
-Cogidubnus
-Beever
-Jairus
-Fibre
-Pagan

That's 14 participants! I'll start assigning the matchups now.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Gabi on May 16, 2009, 01:23:24 PM
Sorry for the delay, the power went out.

So we have...

-Kipiru
-Corgatha Taldorthar
-The1Kobra
-Aisha deCabre
-Ren Gaulen
-Arroyo Milori
-wuffnpuff
-modelincard
-Teh_Hobo
-e_voyager
-Cogidubnus
-Beever
-Jairus
-Fibre
-Pagan

That's 15 participants! I'll start assigning the matchups now.

Er, actually Gab, I said earlier that you ought to count me out of this round for now. ^^;;  Sorry.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gabi

Sorry, I misread your post. It's OK, I'll assign your recipient to your gifter.

Oh, Cog and Ren... there's a request for information about your respective characters.

And Arroyo, your gifter wants to know what you would like for a gift.

The1Kobra, I've asked you via IM, but please remember to post your answer here.

Cogidubnus

Gabi

Questions from wuffnpuff's gifter:

Quote from: wuffnpuff's gifter on May 16, 2009, 06:52:30 PM
Yes, if you would, I have a few questions for wuffnpuff: Does she have any preference for Chance, Asha, or some other character? What are Chance's colors, and does she have any other markings than those shown here? Has she decided on the color of the marking under Asha's eye? And which side flank/hip is the heart marking on (and is it also white)?

Arroyo Milori

hmmm... how about I change it up a bit and let my gifter draw a different character of mine~

QuoteName: Citrine Stone
Species: Mountain Candus
Eye color: Brown
Personality- Citrine can be very cold to others most of the time and shuns those who can't live up to their potential that she sees in them. Its extremely rare to see her soft side than this tough side that everyone sees.  She can also be very strict too!
Fighting style- Muay Thai
Reference pictures: Best one I have so far, although she is a bit more muscular....
"Fun" facts- She wears fighter wraps on her feet.
Anything involving a fighting stance or training will be ok with me : 3

Gabi

Fibre's gifter has asked the following questions:

QuoteDear  Fibre's

do you have a favorite color ?
what kind of animals do you like?
what is your favorite time of year?

I hope this person has not mixed up CCC with Invisible Friend.

Fibre

My favorite color would probably be blue. I especially like fennecs, foxes in general, German Shepherds, coyotes, and other canines. Winter is my favorite time of year. Thanks!

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Gabi on May 16, 2009, 07:00:03 PM
Questions from wuffnpuff's gifter:

Quote from: wuffnpuff's gifter on May 16, 2009, 06:52:30 PM
Yes, if you would, I have a few questions for wuffnpuff: Does she have any preference for Chance, Asha, or some other character? What are Chance's colors, and does she have any other markings than those shown here? Has she decided on the color of the marking under Asha's eye? And which side flank/hip is the heart marking on (and is it also white)?

I suppose I would prefer Asha but I am certainly cool with anything! I'm still trying to figure out Chance's colorings XB but I think I like black and white.. even white hair and wings with the black tips like my avatar's head wings. Also the black tips for the hair just like the avatar.. umm.. as for other markings she has a red 'V' shape on her right butt cheek  :giggle it just has little squiggilies coming off of each end of the "V".

As for Asha the color for the marking under her eye is black and the heart is located on her left hip and it is white =)  I hope that helps ^_^

Noone

In response to what I was asked:
Well, I don't really have a developed fursona, my avatar is taken from a screenshot in NWN. I figure if my gifter wants to draw something, I guess I could ask for the main NPC of the RP I'm running, Kassin Starshine, an 18 year old angel. There aren't any reference pictures unfortunately, and I'm not great with physical descriptions.

Kassin is a young tiger angel. His fur is mostly a light cyan color, covered in orange stripes. His eyes are bright gold, and have a look of youth to them. His hair is also bright yellow, parted to the right. He keeps it short, clean, and usually neatly combed. His tail, around four feet in length, is rather fluffy, and is striped his usual bright cyan and orange coloring. His somewhat small, feathery wings are bright yellow in color, the feathers along the top rims are slightly darker, but get lighter as they reach the bottom of his wings. He stands around five feet, eight inches tall. His body looks somewhat scrawny, though far from unhealthy. He isn't very strong, though he does have good reflexes.

As for his clothing, the RP takes place in the winter, so, he dresses warmly. He almost always makes sure that his entire torso is covered, including the back part excluded in most clothing for winged characters. He prefers wearing bright colors, RP time he wears blue pants, a red sweater, and a yellow shirt underneath it, which the collar comes out of the sweater. His shoes are black with white stripes.

Personality wise, he's a rather simple person with simple needs, generally only wanting himself and those around him to be happy. He's a very talented healer, and is willing to use his powers on just about anyone who needs it, and asks nothing in return. He's generally easy going, friendly, and a bit juvenile. He also is somewhat easily scared, and has become rather insecure since, in the RP, he's become one of the worlds most hated creatures almost overnight, for reasons that aren't yet clear.

As for abilities, he's an extremely talented healer, able to magically cure grievous injuries, diseases, and many other maladies with extreme ease. He is hypersensitive to the pain of others, to the point where enough of it can be debilitating to him. He has also seemingly developed prophetic dreams, though the truth of such visions is still questionable.

If you have anything else you need to ask, please let me know, and I'll endeavor to answer to the best of my ability.

Gabi

Thanks for the replies.

Jairus's gifter would like to know if he wouldn't mind a drawing as a gift or if he was jonesing for something else. Whatever 'jonesing' means.

Also, Beever's gifter asks the following question.
QuoteMy question to Beever is, would he like to see something with his character as described for previous CCCs, another character (for which I suppose I would need a description), or something else/random?

Jairus

Quote from: Gabi on May 17, 2009, 10:17:12 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Jairus's gifter would like to know if he wouldn't mind a drawing as a gift or if he was jonesing for something else. Whatever 'jonesing' means.

jones |jōnz| informal
noun
a fixation on or compulsive desire for someone or something, typically a drug; an addiction : a two-year amphetamine jones.
verb [ intrans. ] ( jones on/for)
have a fixation on; be addicted to : Palmer was jonesing for some coke again.
ORIGIN 1960s: said to come from Jones Alley, in Manhattan, associated with drug addicts.

And I'm cool with a drawing. Does my gifter need more info on me?

Gabi

Not that I know of, if your gifter asks anything, I will post it here.

Thanks for the info, I was hoping someone would explain it. :)

Arroyo's gifter wants to know if there's any other info on who he wants drawn (like "part in a story, biography, personality information, etc."), and whether he's OK with a writing as well.

Arroyo Milori

I'm ok with Writing. And I'm not sure what you mean, do you just want a biography of her childhood up until now?: 3

QuoteCitrine's background:
Citrine grew up on a small island village (which was the whole island itself) that was considered part of the candus islands in the south. Her family held traditions very closely and was not allowed to be a trained fighter for being the youngest member of the family and being female. Her brother, Cadell, was expected too much from her father and failed to live up to the family' name. Citrine looked up to Cadell and was very attached to him until one day they were torn apart from the envy of Citrine carefree life and lessened expectations from their father, enough to tear apart their bond and change their views on each other. He one day left the island and "betrayed" his whole family by joining a local military known as the Martyrians. Citrine was heart broken by his brother's words and drove herself to betray her traditions and become a fighter and started training at age 9. Her family was broken apart at this time and she moved to the largest city known in Arcadia called Zephyr City whom she meets all her current close friends and continues her training in the city. She holds pictures of herself with her brother in a dairy kept hidden from all her friends to remind her what she was fighting for.

Noone

Pose? Well, two things come to mind, though I'm really not all that picky in this regard.
Well, the first, is simpler, he could just be standing in a snowy background.
The second, would be him sitting by a cliffside, gazing up into the sky during a starry night.

Personally, I'm not very picky about how you do this, though just keep in mind he's a rather laid back character. He rarely wears a cold-serious expression, nor would he have a pose of some kind of action hero ready to fight a villain. (Actually he can't really fight at all, due to his hypersensitivity).

Beever

Quote from: Gabi on May 17, 2009, 10:17:12 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Also, Beever's gifter asks the following question.
QuoteMy question to Beever is, would he like to see something with his character as described for previous CCCs, another character (for which I suppose I would need a description), or something else/random?

Sure yes, if it is possible  I'd very much like to see more motion in my character.If you are worrying about the colour don't be : green , brown , mixed , doesn't  matter.The character is well-built  humanoid lizard whose facial features are more of a dinosaur.The face can show  charm  as well as seriousness in different situations.He is compassionate as I described earlier in the thread, but  he is able to stay focused in difficult situations and when it comes to protectiveness, he is on spot.

I hope this could be useful in drawing my guy either in a battle style or in a kind a relaxing style scene, or maybe somehing else. Just improvise... I'll be much much glad to see the final result.

Thanks  :batman ;) :)

Gabi

Questions for wuffnpuff:
Quote from: wuffnpuff's gifter on May 17, 2009, 11:13:13 PM
Sorry, but I have a couple more for wuffnpuff. So, is Chance's chest the same color as the rest of her main fur color? (Since it appears to be marked differently than the main area.) And do Chance and Asha normally wear clothes (as opposed to, say, Buggs Bunny nude or whatever) and if so, would they have a usual outfit?

Also Jairus's gifter has been doing some research and would like to know what Jairus's favorite Sci-fi movies are.

This is turning out to be an interesting round.

Jairus

Quote from: Gabi on May 18, 2009, 08:52:14 AM
Also Jairus's gifter has been doing some research and would like to know what Jairus's favorite Sci-fi movies are.

Hm... the Star Wars movies, Serenity, Iron Man, Doctor Who... oh wait, that's a TV show. How's that?

Sprocketsdance

Chance's chest fur should be about the same color as her main fur (perhaps whiter if anything) I'm not exaclty sure why I drew it that way..  :giggle oh well.

As for the clothes I haven't made it that far into my character creation  :animesweat I am open to anything really.. though I think I might like to see Chance in a skirt of some sort. Asha is more of a free spirit so she would most likely not wear clothes  :giggle

I hope that helps :animesweat

Gabi

Request for Pagan: can you please describe your character? And is there anything in particular you'd like your character to be doing? I'm paraphrasing the request here, but I believe this is what was meant.

Pagan

Describe Pagan's physical characteristics? He's a spotted hyena with brown hair and brown eyes. He has a dark muzzle. A distinguishing mark is the metal plate which covers his right eye and most of the right side of his face. Here's a reference. That's about all I've got to give for his physique. Although, if it is possible, I would very much like to see Pagan as an undead.
As for something for Pagan to be doing? Perhaps casting a spell or something similar? Or reading a book?

Sorry if the description isn't very much. 
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Gabi on May 16, 2009, 02:01:47 PM
Oh, Cog and Ren... there's a request for information about your respective characters.
Sorry for not answering earlier.

Ren is a half-tiger/half-generic feline. Some of notable features of his appearance are black markings on his face - two on his cheeks and one, diamond-shaped, on his forehead - and his two-coloured hair. Most up to date reference to his appearence can be found here:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/RentheKnight/RenModelZ1col.png
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/RentheKnight/ZeddsB-Day.png
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2247691
Ren is a former adventurer who became a Daemonslayer of a militaristic and high-tech Holy Order of Asheron. Ren is a swordsman, though he does not mind using firearms as well. Here's a reference to his "Knight" uniform:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/RentheKnight/RenGaulen1a.png
You can draw him in some civil clothes, though, like those in the two "Birthday" pictures above.

Alternatively, you could draw Siegfried aka Zig, another prominent character of mine. He is a leopard. Here are some reference pictures:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/RentheKnight/SiegfriedFNox-1.png
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/RentheKnight/Youarenext-1.png
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/RentheKnight/NoYaoi.png
Siegfried likes flashy clothes, and looks rather effeminate, but he is actually an excellent swordsman, and a very good fighter in general. He also joined the Holy Order of Asheron, and wears the samy uniform as Ren sometimes.

Hope that information will be of some use. :3

Gabi

What's a generic feline? Anyway, that's my question, not your gifter. What your gifter is asking is for some details of your character's personality and history.