#1000's Fan Picture Final/done on the 1st post

Started by Prof B Hunnydew, January 27, 2009, 07:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

Maybe I'll do something, I made her a Mab wallpaper for her 600 pages.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Magic

I made mine early. I'm not all that good at sequential art/comics, so, character filler.

Mab, as the ditsy angel Flonne from Disgaea.

http://pics.llearch.net/d/1041-1/flonnemab.jpg
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Jairus

Quote from: Ink on January 29, 2009, 03:54:51 AM
I made mine early. I'm not all that good at sequential art/comics, so, character filler.

So, who does that make Laharl? Dan? Abel? And what about... whatever the second girl's name is. The female demon. Her. Who is she? Wildy?

Seriously, neat pic, Ink.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on January 29, 2009, 04:24:55 AM
Quote from: Ink on January 29, 2009, 03:54:51 AM

So, who does that make Laharl? Dan? Abel? And what about... whatever the second girl's name is. The female demon. Her. Who is she? Wildy?
Laharl is Dan. :3 And Etna (the demoness) is Abel. :B ..Just kidding. c:

And I second what Jay says - the picture is great. :]

Silverfoxr

Old images - but i can do a new group pic for 1000 special - (that and i am looking for an excause to draw undead devin) :D

http://www.furfire.org/gallery/albums/requests/dmfahallo.jpg
http://www.furfire.org/gallery/albums/requests/crossovert.jpg

Prof B Hunnydew

Okay, It seems we have many votes for a large group shot or maybe a just Fan-art...of the cast.  I would think that we should keep forumites characters out of it. or just in the backgrounds.  Main cast members to the recurring cameo members in the comic, would be best with Amber and Fluffy.  Anyone who has been in the comic is fair game.

Any idea's where an group picture(S) should be....?

On the shores of Lost Lake.

By the sea.

The Theater... with Amber and Fluffy on stage.

Heaven

With a group shot you can pick a theme and a character, put each person's piece into a group setting.  We would have to agree on a theme, so everyone's character would fix the right in with right clothes and acts and moods

PBH

Mao

I would suggest not necessarily having a background as it would be hard to get everyone to draw a background that 'fits' with what others have drawn.  Not to mention doing a group shot with multiple artists seems, to me, kinda hard to pull off (however I will be the first to say I'm inexperienced in such things so if anyone has an idea on how it can be done, by all means).

The idea I had (and feel free to shoot it down obviously) was to generate a list of themes and a list of characters and artists.

One theme would be selected and then each artist would be randomly assigned a character.  They would then attempt to draw their version of the character in the context of the theme.

It should be noted that the theme decision and character assignments would be pm'ed out, so as to maintain some degree of surprise.

That was just one idea though.  If anyone can explain to me how to do a drawing that would fit into some collaborative group shot I'll be happy to try and contribute any character you like.

Lisky

... mao, you suggested the same idea i had... either that, or do the background as a different layer, and have someone more skilled than i with photoshop then do a cutout of the character in question, and proportion them somewhere in the picture...

I'm voting for Mao's suggestion, as mine would require a lot more work...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Prof B Hunnydew

Well, I can/will do the background, and I have some experience and experimented with different styles, So long as they are too extremely different... I should be able put them together into a nice picture..each picture on a layer.  Mmmmm...  Some ideas of where this will be.?

PBH

Mao

Prof, if you're willing to do that just give me specifications for what I will be drawing (size, ratios, resolutions and once it's hammered out, who.. whatever is relevant) and I'll be silent and let the process continue on. :D

Lisky

...i'd say the beach would be pretty cool, as people involved could play around with the characters a bit more than in a usual setting, mess around with different props that don't normally show up in the comic, different clothing and overall, just have fun messing around with poses, since people tend to be goofier at the beach... but, since you seem to want to do the background, i'll leave the choice up to you... just let me know who i'm doing, and like mao said, size and resolution would help as well (i know you can resize, but sometimes distorts the image)

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Kipiru

If we are given any choice at all as to who we wish to draw- I call dibs on Fa'lina!  :) I like the beach idea!

Mao

I think, Kipiru, given that we all have favorite characters (and many overlap) it'd be best to keep it to random assignments.  No need of any sour emotions over what should be happy.

Kipiru

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 30, 2009, 01:44:31 PM
I think, Kipiru, given that we all have favorite characters (and many overlap) it'd be best to keep it to random assignments.  No need of any sour emotions over what should be happy.

Easy there Mao- I was simply jesting. I know perfectly well random is the way to go.

M

Ooh, this sounds like fun.  :) I like the notion of giving people one random character draw (agreeing on the "surprise" aspect).

Lisky

So for actual roll call on this, who's gonna be involved?

it looks like myself, PBH, Mao, Kipiru, Ink (who may or may not be already done), Silverfox, Tezkat, maybe Tape(can't really tell), and Arc... am i missing anyone who's interested in doing something for the 1000th comic/thank you?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on January 31, 2009, 10:48:36 AM
So for actual roll call on this, who's gonna be involved?
I'd like to be, I'm just not sure how.  I can do edit-assembly work, okay-ish backgrounds and colouring.  But not people.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lisky

... i can do great black and white, if you want to do the coloring on mine, i'll probably need the help anyways :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on January 31, 2009, 11:04:00 AM
... i can do great black and white, if you want to do the coloring on mine, i'll probably need the help anyways :3
Sounds good to me.

Kipiru

I'm in 100%- my forte are people, not so good on backgrounds but can do if all else fails!

Tiger_T

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on January 31, 2009, 10:48:36 AM... am i missing anyone who's interested in doing something for the 1000th comic/thank you?
Yup.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Jairus

Well, I don't have much experience with coloring (and any with shading), and I'm planning to do something on my own, but I'd love to help out and do a character for this.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

M

I'm totally interested in doing this, too.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on January 30, 2009, 01:20:32 PM
...i'd say the beach would be pretty cool, ... since people tend to be goofier at the beach...

Ok, I nominate Basilisk to shovel out the beach for the picture...

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: George Frideric Handel - Concerto Grosso No. 6 (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Mao

If we're going to consider Ink as done, for the sake of continuity I'd say we consider Drawing the cast in Disgaea Themed outfits.  I would suggest not doing outfits based off of the main characters, but rather as the units, unless we all want to agree on which chars get which outfits.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 31, 2009, 12:03:06 PM
If we're going to consider Ink as done, for the sake of continuity I'd say we consider Drawing the cast in Disgaea Themed outfits.  I would suggest not doing outfits based off of the main characters, but rather as the units, unless we all want to agree on which chars get which outfits.
Have you considered that some people have no clue what Disgaea even is?

EDIT:
Or that basing stuff off what is probably a commercial venture might not be the best idea?

Mao

Indeed I have... but given that the internet has lovely things like search engines, I didn't think that people would have too much trouble with it, Tape. ;-)

Any particular reason why basing it off of characters from a game is a bad idea?  Fan-art, last I checked wasn't a crime.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 31, 2009, 12:11:14 PM
Any particular reason why basing it off of characters from a game is a bad idea?  Fan-art, last I checked wasn't a crime.
Tell that to the Harry Potter fan sites.

Mao

If you'd like to contribute an other idea, I'm all ears.  I'm merely offering suggestions here.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 31, 2009, 12:11:14 PM
Indeed I have... but given that the internet has lovely things like search engines, I didn't think that people would have too much trouble with it, Tape. ;-)
It's giving me trouble.  Nothing I have found so far, not wikipedia nor the official site (which seems to be extremely crappy and broken) has given me sufficient material to work from.
A simple list of what the characters are and what they look like is proving surprisingly difficult to obtain.

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 31, 2009, 12:13:26 PM
If you'd like to contribute an other idea, I'm all ears.  I'm merely offering suggestions here.

The other point is that the readers of the thing might not know what Disgaea is, or have any inclination to find out.  DMFA readers are a subset of all humanity - DMFA readers who have played Disgaea/Deus Ex/Imogen/Monty On The Run make up still smaller subsets.
Maybe I missed something and Amber's a big fan of the thing - if the project is targeted at her and her alone it might be okay, but I was assuming you were thinking of a greater audience as a show of appreciation.  But if she's never played it either...?

Anyway, alternate suggestions.
Firstly, just a simple gathering of all the characters.  A few years ago there was a collaborative bar scene picture which mixed DMFA and fan characters.  I'll dig it up if you're curious.  Something like that with a beach setting seems like a sensible idea and has no external dependencies.

Alternatively, assembling an actual comic.  This would take some effort as there would be writing involved and a certain amount of effort to get the 'DMFA feel' right.

Does that help?