Another retarded idea by the fine people at PETA.

Started by Alondro, January 13, 2009, 09:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Ooooo-kayyyyyy...

Sea kittens

Does this mean we should start throwing kittens into the ocean where they belong?   >:3

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

TheDXM

No, you should start eating them filleted with a side of tarter.

LionHeart

The PETA people appear to have overlooked something:

Cats EAT fish.

Does that make them cannibals?
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Vidar

The first thing that came to mind after reading "sea-kittens" was "tiger shark". somehow, I don't think that this campaing is going anywhere....
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Lysander

Wow. Just wow. All I have to say is this girl is awesome:

Quote"I don't see fish as sea kittens; I see them as food," says 12-year-old Chastity Haskins.

:januscat
TytajLucheek

superluser

For the record, here are two actual animal rights organizations:

http://www.aspca.org
http://www.hsus.org/

(SPCA, International was, in the past, a front for a troubled SPCA in Montreal--I don't know who they are today)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Angel

Great. Now children will be convinced that kittens can swim and it'll be okay to drown unwanted kittens again. Those "cat-fish" actually look kinda creepy....
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Lisky

... Facepalm* shortly followed by >.< + facepalm*

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

superluser

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on January 14, 2009, 09:50:52 PM... Facepalm* shortly followed by >.< + facepalm*

I find this useful for such situations:

GabrielsThoughts

odd I never saw the connection between red asphalt and fishing (or anything lethal for that matter), although I suppose if some one pierced me with a hook or something and then attached me to a kite and dragged me though the air it would hurt, unfortunately I can't say it would be as painful as being dragged across the road behind somebody's car... such violent minds, I suppose if you want someone to be a vegetarian it would be those who contemplate all the horrors of humanity and ignore all the virtues.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

lucas marcone

Turnsky

does that mean we can go to our local takeaway and order some seakitten and chips for four bucks?  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

lucas marcone

hope so, i loves me some good sea kitten and chips.

Ryudo Lee

Mmmm gonna have to put together a seakitten fry. :3

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ryudo Lee

Yeah, I wonder what kind of cutesy name they'll end up putting on crawfish and shrimp.  I can just hear the cajuns now.  "They wanna rename 'em to what???"

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Amber Williams

I would so eat cat if it was prepared right. :U

Then again I find most meat once its been properly cut and packaged looks about the same and would probably eat just about any animal if the sanitation was up to standard.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 15, 2009, 11:33:25 AM
I would so eat cat if it was prepared right. :U

Then again I find most meat once its been properly cut and packaged looks about the same and would probably eat just about any animal if the sanitation was up to standard.

Saw a video not too long ago that demonstrated just this. The entire process and preparation of rat meat, served as chicken, from catching to the butchering to the disguising and preparation process, and the serving in a delicious teriyaki sauce.

I don't know if I'd eat rat. I suppose if I was hungry enough, though, anything would start to sound appetizing.

Amber Williams

I always reason meat is meat if its guaranteed not to be infested with parasites and illnesses.  To me its only a matter of preparation.  I dont have any real taboo about species, but I care more about sanitation and preparation. I'd much rather eat properly raised and prepared rat than beef from an unsanitary source.

Jigsaw Forte

Goddamn Furries.

... No, really, I've got logic behind this one.

Look, I already think fish are adorable. I visit the Georgia Aquarium on a regular basis (or at least I did while I still had an annual pass). Cuttlefish couldn't be cuter than they are in real life, even though they don't exactly make the transition to plush very well. Fish are great pets for children of all ages (betta especially, since they're so flexible on environment requirements).

I don't need PETA or anyone else telling me that fish aren't "cute enough" just because we're clearly willing to eat them, and I certainly don't need them thinking the solution is to make them furry and fluffy instead. I will not stand for this oppression of aquatic creations by the kitten-loving, fur-centric fascists!

Stand up for Aquatic rights! Kill a kitten today!  >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on January 15, 2009, 12:29:29 PM

Actually, that's what I meant by "Why stop at sea-kittens?"...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kipiru

Ha, so what's next- birds becoming sky doggies!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kipiru on January 15, 2009, 12:53:30 PM
Ha, so what's next- birds becoming sky doggies!

If it makes them taste better, sure, I could go for that.

I find a good sauce usually works better, though...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

You know... I really like the approach the kids had to the P.E.T.A. website.  Their reactions were straight forward and honest.  Most adults would dance about the issue a bit and try and use 'tact' but the kids just came right out with it.  Man.. I wish I was 11 again.

Brunhidden

What irritates me is that PETA apperantly did negative levels of research on this, and probably blew millions of dollars that were donated to it by people under the false impression they use donations to save orphaned pets

the following statement on this article is false

Quote"Fish not only have the same ability to feel pain as a dog or a cat, but they also communicate with one another," she says. "They have complex social interactions; they form bonds; they express affection by gently rubbing against one another."

now, the statement above would be true if they were talking about dolphins, but as anyone above third grade can tell you dolphins are NOT fish. actual fish cannot feel pain, and their 'complex social interactions' consist of  'Is this something to 1- eat 2- mate with 3-swim away from in fear Q- rock. oh yeah, a good way to tell they have no affection either is its frighteningly common for them to eat the young of their own species
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hrm. I know people who divide things into categories A, B, C, and D, as well...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lisky

Fish can actually use the 1 to eating babies hunger scale without fear of incrimination from the rest of society... see they've already got a social structure far more advanced than our own

/sarcasm... and a plead for whoever came up with this idea to /wrists

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 15, 2009, 11:33:25 AMI would so eat cat if it was prepared right. :U

:boggle

I would never eat cat. (actually, now that I look, proper preparation might change my mind)

Pagan

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on January 15, 2009, 12:29:29 PM
Goddamn Furries.

... No, really, I've got logic behind this one.

Look, I already think fish are adorable. I visit the Georgia Aquarium on a regular basis (or at least I did while I still had an annual pass). Cuttlefish couldn't be cuter than they are in real life, even though they don't exactly make the transition to plush very well. Fish are great pets for children of all ages (betta especially, since they're so flexible on environment requirements).

I don't need PETA or anyone else telling me that fish aren't "cute enough" just because we're clearly willing to eat them, and I certainly don't need them thinking the solution is to make them furry and fluffy instead. I will not stand for this oppression of aquatic creations by the kitten-loving, fur-centric fascists!

So should the fandom change its name to "Scalies"?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

GabrielsThoughts

scalies is the common term  for, dinosaur, dragon, lizard, snake, and generaly all herp artwork... I think it originated from dinotopia, and it appears to be a subcategory for furries.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.