Another retarded idea by the fine people at PETA.

Started by Alondro, January 13, 2009, 09:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

i feel much the same, however what gets my goat (mmmm..... goat) is when they claim this and that is an endangered species- like some special quail which is only different then the common as dirt kind as they have a stripe on their cheek or something else stupid like that

dude, thats NOT an endangered species any more then people with red hair is an endangered species.

polar bears, yeah, those are endangered.

the Hawaiian goose? that's pushing the line.

santa catalina island fox? no, just no, the only difference from the regular survives perfectly with humans kinds of fox is where it lives.

the mount grahm red squirrel? if you think this is endangered i should beat you. sure there's only 300 but its essentially the same damn animal as the red squirrel which is considered a pest in the rest of the country as they invade the territory of grey squirrels and take over by biting the grey squirrels nuts so they cant breed.

next they would say that the Brooklyn twotone rat (real, created when a pet store was damaged during an explosion and captive rats escaped and bred with wild ones) is an endangered species as they are clearly not normal rats, and thus it shall be illegal to put down traps or poison.

people don't really need a cause worth fighting fore, they just want to find a cause to make themselves feel superior to those without causes
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Robbychu

I just chuck PETA in with the rest of the crazies I don't like. It's known for containing both the more psychotic environmentalists, global warming nuts, and Stalin. They are, of course, not on the same level, but they're in the same 'crazy people" category.

Capitalism would seriously help all those endangered species we're talking about. Want a tiger pelt? Ask a farmer to breed 'em. Suddenly, they want to keep the bloody things alive. :U

Also: Sea kittens are delicious. Especially with lemon. And I would totally eat a elephant if it was killed quickly. Chimps and other primates are about the only things I won't at least try if it's dressed up right. Too close to cannibalism.

Also, polar bears ARE NOT ENDANGERED. Anyone who actually believes the people saying that needs to be hit with a cattle prod. I'm tired of people believing guys who are being paid to say that the US GEOLOGICAL Survey noting fewer beasties in the area. REAL scientists say they're thriving and nommin' seal like always.
THIS POST WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY ALL CAPS. :)

Rheeeeeeeee...

Amber Williams

I am more worried that polar bears these days are becoming fire-proof.  They already have cold resistance...once they get acid and electricity we are so boned. D:

Robbychu

They aren't robots yet. We can still take them. >:3 We just need the tirger calvary...

Rheeeeeeeee...

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 16, 2009, 05:04:24 PM
I am more worried that polar bears these days are becoming fire-proof.  They already have cold resistance...once they get acid and electricity we are so boned. D:
However, they are still vulnerable to physical damage. Also, the relative rarity of Earth-type attacks means that resistance to them is rare.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Amber Williams

True. But really...who actually bothers to prepare sonic damage. :U

Noone

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 16, 2009, 05:13:19 PM
There is still magical, divine, negative energy... positive energy...

Jairus

Quote from: The1Kobra on January 16, 2009, 05:14:38 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on January 16, 2009, 05:13:19 PM
There is still magical, divine, negative energy... positive energy...
Morphing spell's work too. Rarely, but they work. Ooh, poison damage, what about that? And no one ever prepares for Chainsaw Damage...

Really, I tend to use magic as a booster in battle and rely mainly on physical combat.

Brunhidden

i will be scared when they develop pointy metal to the face resistance

oh yes, thank you for correcting me- i had actually forgotten that the polar bear population has actually doubled sinse we started recording their numbers. i have bad mammaries
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Jairus

Quote from: Brunhidden on January 16, 2009, 05:26:52 PM
oh yes, thank you for correcting me- i had actually forgotten that the polar bear population has actually doubled sinse we started recording their numbers. i have bad mammaries

... please tell me that that's a typo and you meant "memories?"

Also, I don't think anyone has ever developed Steamroller resistance.

Robbychu

Quote from: Brunhidden on January 16, 2009, 05:26:52 PM
i have bad mammaries

i lol'd

So tempted to sig this guys... :U

Also, steamrollers are for pansies, nukes are for Overlords of he Evil variety.

Rheeeeeeeee...

Jairus

Quote from: Robbychu on January 16, 2009, 05:37:59 PM
Also, steamrollers are for pansies, nukes are for Overlords of he Evil variety.
Won't work: polar bears are immune to radiation. It's an evolutionary side-effect of living on the polar ice caps where the sun shines for half of the year. Polar bears and flour beetles will survive any nuclear fallout long after the cockroaches have all died. Physical damage is the only way to kill them and make them stay dead. Otherwise they revive as Polar Zombears.

Robbychu

But then all we need is a Pheonix Down because everyone knows that Revive Kills Zombie!

Rheeeeeeeee...

VSMIT

Omega

Quote from: Jairus on January 16, 2009, 05:45:56 PM
Physical damage is the only way to kill them and make them stay dead. Otherwise they revive as Polar Zombears.
I agree with this one.  Physical damage works the best, escpecialy rending weapons such as  saws and jagged melee weapons and perhaps Dillon machine gun. This will work if the polar bear has only low armor AND isn't a shaman type.

...because then they got physical resistance. Only way to kill those is to go to spirit world and slay their souls, which will work only temporally

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Sunblink

Forget about the polar bears, Amber. What we should really be worrying about are the BearSharks.

(fuck I love Wikiality)

Jairus

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 19, 2009, 03:10:15 PM

Forget about the polar bears, Amber. What we should really be worrying about are the BearSharks.

(fuck I love Wikiality)
Pyro BearSharks! Run! D:

But again, they are vulnerable to physical damage... I wonder where the Mythbusters got that minigun they used to test the Shooting Fish in a Barrel Myth?

Omega

Quote from: Jairus on January 19, 2009, 03:14:48 PM
I wonder where the Mythbusters got that minigun

That gun is Dillon M134D, as I mentioned a while ago.

superluser

Quote from: Omega on January 19, 2009, 03:29:59 PM
Quote from: Jairus on January 19, 2009, 03:14:48 PMI wonder where the Mythbusters got that minigun
That gun is Dillon M134D, as I mentioned a while ago.

No, he wonders *where*, not *what*.

My guess?

Secret Service

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?