Oh gosh not ANOTHER noob.

Started by Elieana, October 21, 2008, 08:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Elieana on October 21, 2008, 09:55:56 AM
Well, when I was really young, I played EverQuest.

Now I feel old. When _I_ was really young, I played a text based Star Trek game. Or another one about driving a truck, that I never really got the hang of.

On vt100 terminals. Back when they had punched cards and paper tape, both of which I have personally handled...

Now excuse me whilst I get out my zimmerframe and shotgun to get those damn kids off my lawn...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Elieana on October 21, 2008, 09:55:56 AM
Well, when I was really young, I played EverQuest.

Now I feel old. When _I_ was really young, I played a text based Star Trek game. Or another one about driving a truck, that I never really got the hang of.

On vt100 terminals. Back when they had punched cards and paper tape, both of which I have personally handled...

Now excuse me whilst I get out my zimmerframe and shotgun to get those damn kids off my lawn...

Elieana

Oh WOW gone for a few hours and my thread becomes an epic WoW discussion xD This was definitely not what I was expecting ^^

Thank you everyone for making me feel at home <3~ And yes, I play a night elf (dun dun duuun!). I have a hunter, druid, and warrior that I play ^^ Soon to have a mage, too! As soon as I decide to level her >_>

Aaah I'd love to reply to everyone but I simply do not have the time! But I must ask one question - Why must I look out for llearch? .-. That's the second time someone has told me to! =begins to scratch her head while others laugh at her noobishness=

Rakala

Because he has ears.... and he lurks.

Elieana

Oooh! That would explain the box! xD

Roureem Egas

Preston, huh? I'm gonna guess a lot of people think you're a guy before they see you then.

Well anyways, welcome to the forums Elie!

Auragonian

Hi! I'm auragongal, the partially insane girl who played WoW only once and never played it again, and personally I think Tales of Symphonia is the Most Awesome Game ever!
also, I'm a boredom master, before I explain that, my brother Zoras has something to say:

Zoras- hi! i have to say one thing before i get in too deep, "Chuck Norris"

also, Locktar!

and finally, be sure to get a Horde character on the Scilla surver. i look forward to meeting you in Orgrimmar.

here's the lamebrain again.

Zoras, I'm going to kill you... and no, I do not have Dual Personalities, it's just Zoras is too lazy to get his own account, and he is more evil than Llearch. he thought up a Half skeletal minotaur with dragon wings and a Flaming Skull named Macho when he was in first grade, If that ain't a sign of an evil person I don't know what is. I'm glad he didn't say Frawshock in his speech.

VSMIT

Nobody is more evil than llearch.  Except maybe Dark.  But I'm not entirely sure.

Elieana

Yes, sadly. Even in class the teachers upon first meeting me would repeat my name several times to make sure I heard it right when the took attendance.. It's rather tedious ^^

And hello to you too! However, I'm sorry but Chuck Norris must die. A horribly painful death. Why? Because I'm tired of hearing his name D:< >_> Anywho..  Tell your brother he should make his own account and stop bumming off of you. =P

And I could name a few people who are probably more evil than anyone on this forum.. but then I'd be getting into politics... and that'd be no fun ^^

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Elieana on October 21, 2008, 09:32:04 PM
However, I'm sorry but Chuck Norris must die. A horribly painful death. Why? Because I'm tired of hearing his name D:<
Hooray! Another anti-norris! :mowhappy

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Auragonian on October 21, 2008, 08:15:29 PM
Zoras, I'm going to kill you... and no, I do not have Dual Personalities, it's just Zoras is too lazy to get his own account, and he is more evil than Llearch. he thought up a Half skeletal minotaur with dragon wings and a Flaming Skull named Macho when he was in first grade, If that ain't a sign of an evil person I don't know what is. I'm glad he didn't say Frawshock in his speech.

If he's too lazy to get his own account, the mods will be too lazy to attempt to differentiate between you when we ban you.

Just a hint.

Quote from: Elieana on October 21, 2008, 06:31:57 PM
Oooh! That would explain the box! xD

Nothing explains the box. The box just is.

Quote from: VSMIT on October 21, 2008, 08:49:21 PM
Nobody is more evil than llearch.  Except maybe Dark.  But I'm not entirely sure.

Why, it's lovely of you to say so.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 21, 2008, 06:03:58 PM

I've handled paper tape, but that's it.  I never saw the machine that used it, though if memory serves, it was a dataset to construct a chess-piece on a CNC lathe.

And I so want a VT102.

My first gaming would have been on the ZX Spectrum, circa 1983.  Probably Bear George which I doubt anyone has ever heard of.

EDIT:

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on October 21, 2008, 04:16:21 PM
You play Oblivion too?   :U  Good grief, we oughta have a little Elder Scrolls club here.  There's three of us.  Or a few more. xP
Off the top of my head, the list includes: myself, Aisha, Ryudo, Danny, Arcalane, Turnsky, Elieana, Reese, Bill, Techmaster, Dagardo and probably a few more.  Rowne did, but I don't know what happened to him.

Anyway, before I forget again, welcome to the forum.  Read and obey the rules, don't do anything stupid.  Apart from that, have fun and enjoy it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Paladin Sheppard

Welcome to the madhouse Elieana :3 Do leave your sanity at the door it tends to be a hindrance here  :mwaha

And may I inquire as to what server you play on in WoW?

And you're an RPer ooooh goodie we need more victims players  >:3

Darkmoon

Quote from: VSMIT on October 21, 2008, 08:49:21 PM

He posts more. His evil is spread out. Mine is concentrated.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Mao

Pure concentrated evil?  No pulp?

Darkmoon

Elieana

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on October 22, 2008, 06:54:18 AM
And may I inquire as to what server you play on in WoW?

I play on Bronzebeard :3

Paladin Sheppard

Interesting I do have a couple of characters on Bronzebeard but they are only lowbies. I live on Cenarion Circle  :B

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Darkmoon

Sunblink

Quote from: Elieana on October 21, 2008, 09:32:04 PMAnd hello to you too! However, I'm sorry but Chuck Norris must die. A horribly painful death. Why? Because I'm tired of hearing his name D:< >_>

Bruce Lee > Chuck Norris

A refreshingly awesome newbie :3 Welcome to the forums, ma'am. I approve of your literacy.

I would have typed more, but all of my enthusiasm got lost amidst my lethargy. Either way, welcome to the forums.

ShadesFox

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 22, 2008, 06:45:27 AM

I've handled paper tape, but that's it.  I never saw the machine that used it, though if memory serves, it was a dataset to construct a chess-piece on a CNC lathe.

And I so want a VT102.

My first gaming would have been on the ZX Spectrum, circa 1983.  Probably Bear George which I doubt anyone has ever heard of.

I once had a punch card program.  Made it myself.  Never had anything to run it on, and really I just drew the pictures of the cards.  It was for an assembly class (we went through a number of even older methods of programming.)

And my first gaming was on an Apple IIe, a little roach game that  made myself in basic.

Anyways, hello to he not quite a newbie anymore because you have been here for a little while!  Hope you don't teh break.
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Quote from: ShadesFox on October 24, 2008, 04:29:44 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 22, 2008, 06:45:27 AM

And I so want a VT102.

I once had a punch card program.  Made it myself.  Never had anything to run it on, and really I just drew the pictures of the cards.  It was for an assembly class (we went through a number of even older methods of programming.)

And my first gaming was on an Apple IIe, a little roach game that  made myself in basic.

Anyways, hello to he not quite a newbie anymore because you have been here for a little while!  Hope you don't teh break.

I've run batch jobs on aging (at the time no less) with data tape and punch cards on IBM 407s and the new (for the time) IBM 3031s... mostly helping my dad, who's idea of fun was teaching me Fortran and COBOL.

I think I've worked on an Amdahl... but mostly IBM system/360 and such.

My first gaming was along Shades line, Apple IIe... small racing game and a neat little choose your own adventure, text game about wierd science and being transformed into a fox.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Elieana

Eh... I'm back. Sorry if it seemed like I dropped off of the face of the earth RIGHT after I joined .-. Real life kind of kicked me in the ass and kept me down for a bit...

But I'm back! And .-. I have a lot of catching up to do...lol...

ShadesFox

Hot hint, none of us keep up with the whole forum.  Unless you are llearch.  Then you aren't actually a person, rather you are a collective of gnomes.  Even this gnome collective does not keep track of everything.
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ShadesFox on November 02, 2008, 07:15:22 PM
Hot hint, none of us keep up with the whole forum.  Unless you are llearch.  Then you aren't actually a person, rather you are a collective of gnomes.  Even this gnome collective does not keep track of everything.

Correct. I don't keep up with the Line In The Stars IC thread, nor... uh... No, actually, that's about it.

Huh. There used to be two others...

techmaster-glitch

I keep up with -almost- the whole forum (everything except the lusty siren tavern). Is this a bad thing? :B

VSMIT

Well, the Tavern doesn't get much traffic anyway...  I keep up with everything except the Half Moon Theatre and the Haunted Ballroom.

Damaris

I'm a bad mod, and only keep track of the areas that are currently driving other moderators to drink.

Although I do tend to check on what the troublemakers are posting.  Happily, I don't think many of them are getting into trouble at this point.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Jer-oh-me