i refuse to make a sexual pun

Started by silentassassin, July 15, 2008, 06:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: silentassassin on July 20, 2008, 04:47:56 AM
now im a hyoooman ?

I'm not a hyoooman. Perhaps you should just leave it be, and wait?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

silentassassin

i don't like being hyoooman i liked being a bat

silentassassin

pizza delivery boy why is each one worst then the last :<  ;(

Jairus

Relax... they start getting better. Undead, Skeleton, Medusa Head... there's some good ones up there. You've just gotta start out small...

"Gardener" and "Pizza Delivery Boy..." I just got that joke. Then again, it took me thirteen years to get the "drop my anchor in that harbor over there" line from the Lovely Ladies Song in Les Miserables (I was seven when I first heard that song: I was so used to it I never really thought about the line all that much).
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Rafe

Quote from: Jairus on July 15, 2008, 04:31:33 PM
Quote from: thegayhare on July 15, 2008, 04:29:24 PM
Tycho Brahe, the famous astronomer, had a prosthetic nose made of silver.  He'd lost his real one in a duel over the fine points of some mathematical equatio[n].

?

Wait, what?
Sheesh, mathematics is Serious Business! I refer to TV Tropes too much. I need to work on that.

Tycho Brahe's replacement nose wasn't silver, it was actually gold.  It probably had silver and copper alloyed in it to give it more of a 'skin color' look.

What started the argument that led to his duel with Manderup Parsberg isn't clear, but they were both students of math and science, and argued about it.  Parsberg apparently didn't stay an ememy.  He later became one of Tycho's supporters in the Danish court of King Christian IV.
Rafe

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Jairus on July 20, 2008, 02:21:14 PM
Relax... they start getting better. Undead, Skeleton, Medusa Head... there's some good ones up there. You've just gotta start out small...

"Gardener" and "Pizza Delivery Boy..." I just got that joke.
I'm still missing the joke.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jairus

Quote from: AmigaDragon on July 20, 2008, 04:44:16 PM
Quote from: Jairus on July 20, 2008, 02:21:14 PM"Gardener" and "Pizza Delivery Boy..." I just got that joke.
I'm still missing the joke.

Well, it's not really a joke... but that was the order that Kria ate those two guys on the day she visited Lorenda and met Jyrras.

Stygian

Seriously. At points you expect DMFA to torture women and children and innocents more than they did in the latest 'Aliens Versus Predator' movie.

And we don't get to see it! Woe! Woe and despair! :[

Jairus

Quote from: Stygian on July 20, 2008, 05:51:19 PMSeriously. At points you expect DMFA to torture women and children and innocents more than they did in the latest 'Aliens Versus Predator' movie.

I don't. But then again, I never watched any of the AvP movies. Or the P movies. And the last A movie I watched was Aliens.

Pagan

DMFA might be have a bit of ceberus syndrome. But I think it's a boon to the comic, rather than a bane.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Rafe

Pagan,
Do you mean Cerebus Syndrome, as in Dave Sim's epic comic?
Rafe

Pagan

Actually, I talking about a certain trope from this wiki. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

At the momemt I can't find that article, but it deals with a story being light heart at first then getting more serious down the line. People dieing, drama, angst, etc. The article describes a number of bad cases, but DMFA seems not to be suffering any negative symptoms.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Rafe

Looked around there.  Didn't find anything about Cerebus Syndrome (which, I'd imagine, consists of taking characters who were originally jokes or parodies, and making them ever deeper and more complex, as in Cerebus.)

I did find a reference to Cerberus (as in the three-headed mythological dog) on this page about the zombie apocalypse:  http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ZombieApocalypse
It also, strangely enough, mentions DMFA, and Amber's concepts for undead characters.
Rafe

rocket_red1

don't be to impressed. I read every one of the character pages before joining... I was really, really, REALY board.

silentassassin

yeah so for now im avoiding kria :boogie cuz i likie to boogi who's with me

silentassassin

just for the record the thing about kria and bogging are 2 diffrent statements

silentassassin

awesome pygmy shrew and a new star

rocket_red1

yay! im a slime now! no more proto slime!

llearch n'n'daCorna

silentassassin, next time you feel the need to post three posts in a row?

Don't.

Or I'll feel the need to just silently delete any posts of yours I see. Just ask anyone how much of the forum I read to see how strongly you should listen to my suggestion. Go on. I'll wait here.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

silentassassin

oh now i get why you have 2797 negatives

rocket_red1

yeah, it kind of makes sence, but I also understand the positives.

Damaris

No, the negatives are because the other mods like him lots.

Get sassy with an admin again and you're going to time out.

Also.  Punctuation.  Learn to use it.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

silentassassin

Ok, let me get this straight, hatred and flagging are just ways to say we love you? Apparently insanity is what's really nor'mael around here.

Darkmoon

The mods have a different definition of "love" when it comes to other mods. We hate everyone else equally, however.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

silentassassin

Well they must really LOVE you darkmoon you have more than 4000.

Mao

Wheew.. this thread just got all kinds of awkward... so back to what we're talking about...what was it again really?

Jairus

Quote from: Mowser on July 21, 2008, 08:17:24 AMso back to what we're talking about...what was it again really?

Dark Pegasus' horn in the original storyline and lack of horn in the current backflash arc.

Tycoon

And on the topic of DP, did anyone ever find out whether the leader from this comic was him?

Stygian

Want an answer to that?

No.

Though, of course, we all know that someone knows.

AmigaDragon

Whoever it is, looking at panel 2, they appear to be shorter than Kria.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen