Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {3} - Closed

Started by Tapewolf, October 11, 2007, 03:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel Dragonkitty

Tape:  Just so I understand what is going on, the examples Jakob gave of Mel's wrongdoings, that is just Jakob's paranoia running amok, correct? Since a lot of the things she was accused of didn't even happen.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on December 11, 2007, 08:14:33 AM
Tape:  Just so I understand what is going on, the examples Jakob gave of Mel's wrongdoings, that is just Jakob's paranoia running amok, correct? Since a lot of the things she was accused of didn't even happen.

Well, a mixture of that, and some incorrectly-remembered details from before.

**EDIT**

If there's anything specific you would like patched, let me know what and we'll see if it's feasible.  Looking back, Jakob didn't actually determine the cause of death for the guards, but on the other hand he was pretty distraught about it and in that state is likely to remember things incorrectly.
Now the bounty-hunting part is interesting...  I had recalled Styg and Mel doing the double-cross, and I'm sure I double-checked it earlier, but it seems they were double-crossed themselves, and therefore somewhat justified in turning against the demon.  I guess we'll assume that Jakob has the wrong end of the stick there, and/or is paranoid.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mel Dragonkitty

Nothing needs to be changed. I was just making sure I understood what was going on. Play it however you like. Mel is acting suspiciously and while Jakob is jumping to conclusions they are fairly understandable ones. Of course at some point the truth may come out.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 11, 2007, 04:12:38 AM

If it turns out that a Were's hearing does go up to 45khz (since they have more acute senses) Cog has just given himself away, and Jakob is going to have to increase the frequency in his whistle.

I suppose he has then, hasn't he? And Gabi too.
I guess we don't need a secret Were handshake anymore. Just a really loud whistle. :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on December 11, 2007, 08:08:10 PM
Keaton's mood might have been more effective at irritating Stygian, were it not for the fact that he had canted and turned his head to the side and was scratching and prodding the inside of it with a clawed finger, his expression one of utmost annoyance. He blinked with one eye, and then flicked his ear wildly, beating the side of his head with his palm.

Heh.  With respect, Styg, I can't help but feel that's a slight under-reaction from someone who seems to be able to hear whispering from two floors above :P

Stygian

With equal respect, Tapes, Stygian can control himself rather well, and while I can edit to add that he would have reacted strongly earlier, I don't think he would have jumped right out of his seat.

James StarRunner

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on December 14, 2007, 05:04:41 AM
Err... Did Cog just kill someone? Who was it?

I'm assuming that's an imaginary foe from his training.  Otherwise Jakob would likely have gone straight to the crew and shopped him.

Cogidubnus

Stygian

Quote from: Cogidubnus on December 14, 2007, 05:18:00 PM
Quote from: James StarRunner on December 14, 2007, 05:04:41 AM
Err... Did Cog just kill someone? Who was it?

:3

Yes, it was an imaginary foe.  >:3

Tricky to see, when you have to actually read the whole post... [coughs] :paranoid

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Stygian on December 14, 2007, 05:51:05 PM

Tricky to see, when you have to actually read the whole post... [coughs] :paranoid

That was the idea, actually. Although perhaps not quite what you mean to say. :3

Cogidubnus

My apologies for doubleposting, but I was wondering:

The RP seems to have hit a bit of a stall, these last weeks. I'm certainly not complaining - but I am wondering, if there's something wrong, or if we're waiting for an event of some sort.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on December 18, 2007, 11:36:59 PM
The RP seems to have hit a bit of a stall, these last weeks. I'm certainly not complaining - but I am wondering, if there's something wrong, or if we're waiting for an event of some sort.

Actually that was my reason for asking when we're going to arrive, a sort of subtle hint to get things moving.
The guys in the hold seem to have settled down, the only thing left I have on the plate was for Jakob to apologise and try to come to some sort of arrangement, much like what Stygian was talking about.

That said, as of Friday/Saturday I'll be moving up north for Christmas and will likely be a bit patchy for most of that week, and I'm probably not the only one.  So it might pay to keep things idle for a bit longer...

Stygian

Quote from: Cogidubnus on December 14, 2007, 07:10:03 PM
Quote from: Stygian on December 14, 2007, 05:51:05 PM

That was the idea, actually. Although perhaps not quite what you mean to say. :3

What I meant to say is that too many people seem to be just skimming here...

Also, no offense Tapes, but in-game it seems to have been less than an hour since they left the damn inn. I know Cubi are supposed to be moody, but changing your mind and apologizing just like that? What's going to happen to the character interaction in the group? The drama? The personal development?

People shouldn't be afraid to have opinions and to be in conflicts. To avoid such just because you don't think you can or don't want to handle it is cowardice and idiocy, in my opinion. :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on December 19, 2007, 05:01:59 PM
Also, no offense Tapes, but in-game it seems to have been less than an hour since they left the damn inn.
I'm not sure why you're asking, but I was thinking more like two, since they had to get to the docks, wait half an hour for the boat and they have now spent about an hour sailing, by my estimate.
I did some on-an-envelope calculations and for somewhere a couple of days march away it's going to be six or seven hours, depending on the speed and distance so there's plenty of time to kill anyway.

QuoteI know Cubi are supposed to be moody, but changing your mind and apologizing just like that? What's going to happen to the character interaction in the group? The drama? The personal development?
People shouldn't be afraid to have opinions and to be in conflicts. To avoid such just because you don't think you can or don't want to handle it is cowardice and idiocy, in my opinion. :3

Styg, if you really think that Jakob is just going to give them a free pass on a whim, you're barking up the wrong tree entirely  >:3
He doesn't trust them, and the way things are going he isn't going to trust them for a long time, but for the good of the party as a whole, he is hoping to broker some kind of, well, ceasefire, I suppose.

Stygian

This is when I alert people that from the 22nd and forth, I will be taking a hiatus for seventeen days, as I am going to Egypt. In the meantime I have decided to leave controlling Stygian to Keaton, and possibly Mel or Cog for convenience purposes. I don't expect he shall have to make any life-altering decisions, but try and keep him in the background and deviously plotting for most of the time...

Gabi

Argh! Too much has happened. Can anyone brief me in, please? I'm having a hard time catching up. How did the fight begin? When did Jakob use the whistle? And has it stopped?

About the trust issue, Gabi doesn't trust Mel nor Stygian because of the way they've acted, but she doesn't intend to be openly aggressive towards them, just cautious... and possibly sarcastic if they say something that offends her. She didn't take part in the deal, but she accepts Gareeku's decision.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on December 25, 2007, 07:07:42 PM
Argh! Too much has happened. Can anyone brief me in, please? I'm having a hard time catching up. How did the fight begin? When did Jakob use the whistle? And has it stopped?

About the trust issue, Gabi doesn't trust Mel nor Stygian because of the way they've acted, but she doesn't intend to be openly aggressive towards them, just cautious... and possibly sarcastic if they say something that offends her.

Right, I think basically it runs like this:

We're on the boat.  Styg goes to hide in the hold.  Mel gives them a vague clue, throws a hissy-fit and storms off.  Gareeku follows her onto one of the upper decks.  She then hands him a basket of food and gies back to the hold to speak to Styg.  Keaton follows.

Jakob gets jittery and suggests to Gareeku that they agree on a code of conduct since the party now mostly consist of people they don't know and who could potentially get them into trouble.
Cog and Jakob have another one of their moral debates.  Jakob build the whistle and blows it upsetting Cog, Gabi and Stygian.  He then realises that Weres can hear it as well as bats, and apologise to Cog.  Cog throws a hissy-fit and storms off, approximately 15-30 minutes ago by my estimate.

Jakob gives Cog a few minutes to calm down and goes up to see him practicing.  The fight sequence is all in Cog's mind, by the way.  Might be a memory or something, that is unclear.
When Cog comes to a break in his practicing, Jakob tries to set his mind at rest since he wants to be friends with Cog (a wolf thing?), and then asks the crew when they're likely to arrive.  (I don't know if Galia or wherever it was is actually a port, or whether we're going to the nearest port and walking the rest of the way).

Meanwhile, Mel, Keaton and Styg are sharing some wine in the hold.  Mel suggests a truce with the others.  Jakob goes to find them, and suggests a truce himself.  And there we are.

Gabi

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on December 25, 2007, 08:43:59 PM
She felt she had arrived at a bad time. She had to say something or else others might think she was sneaking.

That's not actually a problem - one thing I omitted from my summary was that most of the cast had congregated around the food hamper which Mel provided, so it's perfectly natural for her to join the picnic.

Gareeku has wandered off slightly to watch the sea - at that point, Jakob would be somewhere between the picnic and Gareeku.

QuoteShe knew it had been a lame entry, but then again it might be for the best that Ignatz and Mel didn't think much of her. They might ignore her, which was better than being the focus of their attention.

Also, Styg is still eavesdropping (although he shouldn't be able to hear much more than fragments).  None of the others know this, mind - but to Jakob it's quite a reasonable assumption.

Mel Dragonkitty

Now I'm confused. Are Gabi and Jakob in the hold where Mel and Keaton are (Styg having disappeared deeper into the hold)?

Tapewolf

I don't know about Gabi, but Jakob is in the entrance to the hold, addresing Mel, Keaton and Stygian (since he will naturally be eavesdropping).

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on December 29, 2007, 08:37:58 AM
"...I know how you feel. It can be hard, being an adventurer." the wolf replied, his voice somewhat distant as he began to think back to when he first started out. "Unfortunately, killing is one of those things that becomes easier the more you do it..."

Pity Jakob didn't hear that  :3

Gareeku

Yes, I'm sure he would have something to say, no doubt.

Tapewolf

Mel: I (and thence Jakob) have got a little confused.  The glitch is that Jakob (and I) assumed she did the guards over.  That works with the dialogue, but since what Jakob is describing most certainly did happen (albeit slightly differently), you might want to switch the narration to an inner-voice.

In case I've misinterpreted anything else, here are the references I've used:

Mel freezes the demon to death:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,647.msg107885.html#msg107885

Styg kills the guards:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,647.msg107894.html#msg107894

Mel attacks the party with ice:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,647.msg112677.html#msg112677

**EDIT**
P.S.  Just out of paranoia, if Mel does decide to take a peek in Jakob's head, I do expect that she only does read-only access.  If she does actually change his mind I shall be very, very un-amused  >:3
Reading past the 48-hour boundary is OK at a pinch, I suppose...

Gabi

Gabi also hopes Jakob knows what he's doing. I'm not going to interrupt.

Mel Dragonkitty

Tape, Mel only thought the part about Styg killing the guards, she didn't say it out loud. If you tried to read the dragon's mind I think you would have got a bigger shock than the thought about Styg.

Gabi

Don't cubi normally hear thoughts as if they were being spoken? That's not the same as probing someone's mind, it's just hearing what they're thinking right now. At least, that's how it's been described before.