Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {3} - Closed

Started by Tapewolf, October 11, 2007, 03:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Stygian on October 31, 2007, 11:25:43 PM
Also, I can't really understand how people can find a light smell of cigarettes and whiskey that bad.

Stand in a pub full of people you despise for a few hours. The smell brings that all back, memories working the way they do. *shrug*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Paladin Sheppard

Stygian

I fail to see how that could be so greatly amusing. Either way, what's holding us up?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on November 02, 2007, 06:39:46 PM
I fail to see how that could be so greatly amusing. Either way, what's holding us up?
I was waiting for Eph, but I can post something if you like.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

James StarRunner

The hangover tonic should work just fine. If anything it'll be a little bitter, but as I said in post it'll have a little bit of a minty taste. It should help reduce the pain, sharpen the mind, and give those who drink it fresh breath. The latter is more for others like James who can't stand booze breath.  :B

Gabi

James, you've just given my character quite a scare. Especially after yours nearly passed away the day before.

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on November 13, 2007, 05:01:43 AM
"I'm sure you two are professionals. I don't believe you would kill indiscriminately and without reason,"

Heh.  Tell that to the guys guarding the demon's manor  >:3
Granted they had a reason, but it was still pretty indiscriminate and arguably overkill.  Indeed, aside from the fact that they shipped Gareeku, killing the guards like that is one reason Jakob isn't happy about them...

James StarRunner

Hehe... James isn't pleased either, which is why he practically transmitted his thoughts to you. :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on November 13, 2007, 05:09:53 AM
Hehe... James isn't pleased either, which is why he practically transmitted his thoughts to you. :P
I'm not sure Jakob caught that.

James StarRunner

Heh... he's not exactly thinking it casually though. He's practically yelling it out in his mind. I'm sure any cubi within the place can hear it. XD

You likely hadn't got that far by then anyways.

Tapewolf

Since I don't think many people are reading both this and BotM:
I'm going to have to attend some weird company thing tomorrow and friday.  Depending on whether there's 'net access at the hotel, I may be off until friday evening, or saturday or something.

Gabi

Good luck with that, JP!

I've read Cog's post. I guess you can tell a lot about an adventurer by the weapon/s s/he carries.

Gareeku

Now I'm stuck with a decision; to use transport, or not to transport?

On the one hand, using transport is much more logical and, as people have pointed out in the rp, saves time. On the other hand, quite frankly I think it's boring. I don't know.

Gabi

From the characters' perspective, I wouldn't think boredom is an issue. They may have different motives for going on that quest, but having fun isn't one of them... at least in most cases.

Stygian

I'll say that Stygian's motives are entirely selfish. He's a comfortable bastard, and he does not like moving out in the open in daylight.

Gareeku

Tapewolf

Gareeku

How do you mean?

I don't want it to be like "they got on the ferry/train/bus/whatever." immediately followed by "When they arrived in" etc etc.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on November 18, 2007, 10:11:14 AM
How do you mean?  I don't want it to be like "they got on the ferry/train/bus/whatever." immediately followed by "When they arrived in" etc etc.

Ah.  I assumed this was the plan, so at least some of the others, by the looks.  I guess it depends whether the journey itself is as important as the destination, which is something only you know at this time.  Either way, it looks like we're walking.

Gareeku

Who says we're walking? The majority of people in the rp seemingly want to take transport, so if that is what people want, then that is what will happen. I myself don't want to take transport for reasons already mentioned, but it seems everybody else wants to, so that is what will happen.

Gabi

Well, whether we as players would enjoy one thing or the other more, it's the characters who have to decide and their reasons won't be the same as ours. That's what I meant. Sometimes you have to miss some potential fun in favor of staying in character.

Gareeku

Funny thing is, I actually had things planned. Now that those plans have gone out of the window, I need to think of something else completely.

Gabi

The scene changed before I could reply, but Gabi gladly accepts Jakob's offer. And may finally have the chance to ask him that old question too. :P

Tapewolf

Gareeku, out of interest, what tech level is the ship?  Are we talking a sailboat or something more like these?  Or something else, like a magically-driven vessel?

Gareeku

It's a steam-driven vessel. And I doubt the crew would just let anybody in the engine rooms.

techmaster-glitch

Oh, I'm sure Jakob can pull some sort of Cubi mind-trick to go into the engine rooms. It's not like he's gonna sabotage anything, anyway.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think Tape had more RP-related things in mind. Is it something that they tack left and right, and is adverse weather going to cause it to go find a hole to hide in, or is it going to take some fairly serious weather for them to give up, for example.

Just to throw an idea in the pool...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 27, 2007, 08:11:03 PM
I think Tape had more RP-related things in mind. Is it something that they tack left and right, and is adverse weather going to cause it to go find a hole to hide in, or is it going to take some fairly serious weather for them to give up, for example.

Gareeku has pretty much hit the main reason for asking (and I'll take that under advisement :3), but it wasn't the only reason.  As you've hinted, a sailing ship is going to be at the mercy of the winds as well.

Stygian

Ignore the meaningless comments from my side. What Stygian really wants is to find some shaded, lonely place. Can he, before he simply decides to climb up a mast or something just to get away?