Started by xHaZxMaTx, February 25, 2008, 03:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittyblackrabbit

WAAAAA Hugs up the wazoo!

I guess my random hug goes to the box..

cause he's a box

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks, Kittah.

Although I'm not sure that that's a truly random hug...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

rt

Ahh good timing techmaster-glitch .. your firing of a robo-hug in my general direction seems to have uncloged the internet's tubes on my end!

:hug back @ you

Gabi

Kittah's hug for llearch didn't look random to me. Please correct me if it was truly random.

Today's random hug goes to Tapewolf. ^_^
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Redeyessoul

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 16, 2008, 09:20:41 PM

...Redeyessoul...not sure I should waste a hug on someone who made an account and never actually used it... :B

Hey there ... I want a huggle  :mowsad I tried to make it work many times .. only recently has my suck been made a little better.

:kirby

Jairus

The huggles are random. We have no control over who gets them.

Two not-so-limited-time-offer 'Cubi 'roo-rat random huggles because I missed on last night, and they go to... Eibbor_N and Michael Chandra!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lisky

today's random hug from me goes to arcblade

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Redeyessoul on February 17, 2009, 09:54:48 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 16, 2008, 09:20:41 PM
...Redeyessoul...not sure I should waste a hug on someone who made an account and never actually used it... :B
Hey there ... I want a huggle  :mowsad I tried to make it work many times .. only recently has my suck been made a little better.
Aww, there there, I'm sorry. Here, I'll give you a non-random hug if it makes you feel better. :hug
I'll never not give a huggle to someone who shows up on the randomizer again, even if they never posted!

Anyway, two offfical random robohuggles go out today, and the hugees are... Xokrin and starcat5!
Interestingly enough...Xokrin is an account that has never posted :B

Redeyessoul

And as soon as I figure out the huggle machine I too will give many! 

However ... given my current track record that may take a long time ... lol :bunny

Gabi

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 17, 2009, 02:49:07 PM
Thanks!
You're welcome. :)

Quote from: Redeyessoul on February 18, 2009, 08:44:42 AM
And as soon as I figure out the huggle machine I too will give many! 

However ... given my current track record that may take a long time ... lol :bunny
It's easy to use. Just click here and read what it says.

And in my case it says I must give AmigaDragon a hug.

Mao

Quote from: Gabi on February 18, 2009, 10:53:37 AM
It's easy to use. Just click here and read what it says.

And in my case it says I must give AmigaDragon a hug.

You must do it.  The randomizer compels you.  The randomizer compels you!

Kipiru

Gabi just received an Overly Excited Full With Joy and Love Cause You Deserve It Exclusive Random Unicorn Hug TM(say that three times fast). You vixen you!

Reese Tora

random feature request for the keepers of the scripts: can someone make it so I can enter a number and the script checks it agaisnt the list of huggable people adn tells me who it is if valid?

when I occasionally do a hug, I like to roll a number with my dice until I get one that corrosponds to a person

am a purist for randomization, but helpful technology is luv :>
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Jairus

Okay, I had a really good day today, so I'm doing three not-so-limited-time-offer random 'Cubi 'roo-rat huggles tonight. And they go to... SuaveIV, Darkdragon, and SpottedKitty!

Darkdragon

Yay, random hug! *hugs back* This has surely made my day.

I certainly see a trend in longer "hug names". The first ones I got were "hug" and now its up to 7 to 9 words (depending on how you count). I approve of this creative nomenclature.  :3

PS: Is it not too late to apply to the random hugs force? How would I do so, or is this a question more suited for the APF thread?

Jairus

Quote from: Darkdragon on February 19, 2009, 03:52:08 AM
I certainly see a trend in longer "hug names". The first ones I got were "hug" and now its up to 7 to 9 words (depending on how you count). I approve of this creative nomenclature.  :3
Heheh, quite true. Though, I think my PM is getting more and more cluttered. Maybe I should try to keep it nice and simple.

PS: Is it not too late to apply to the random hugs force? How would I do so, or is this a question more suited for the APF thread?
Just read here, and ask for any clarifying questions you need answered. We love new random huggers, so have fun!

Kipiru

Quote from: Jairus on February 19, 2009, 03:55:50 AM
Heheh, quite true. Though, I think my PM is getting more and more cluttered. Maybe I should try to keep it nice and simple.

You do that- me, I enjoy thinking up weird tags to my hugs so I'll be keeping it up- it adds character :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Reese Tora on February 19, 2009, 02:25:10 AM
random feature request for the keepers of the scripts: can someone make it so I can enter a number and the script checks it agaisnt the list of huggable people adn tells me who it is if valid?

when I occasionally do a hug, I like to roll a number with my dice until I get one that corrosponds to a person

am a purist for randomization, but helpful technology is luv :>

I could do that. It'd take a little while, since I'm currently focusing on looking for work...

Gabi

Quote from: Kipiru on February 18, 2009, 03:09:48 PM
You receive an Overly Excited Full With Joy and Love Cause You Deserve It Exclusive Random Unicorn Hug! Enjoy  :)
*Enjoys.* Thank you! :>

Reese, llearch's script uses noise from digital cameras as a source of enthropy. Can it get more random than that? Besides, if you want to check whether a number is valid, you can just put it at the end of a profile URL and see for yourself.

llearch, you're so good it's hard to believe, but people shouldn't abuse your kindness. Some people tend to take your time and effort for granted. I know because it's happened to me too. Several times.

And good luck with your job search. :mowsmile

Today's yet-to-be-named random hug goes to Brunhidden.

Mao

What I don't understand, is why it needs to be some "omg-super-fanstastic-your-so-lucky" hug.  Isn't a hug enough?  I know you're all trying to put your own unique spin on things and trying to show some originality in what may seem a slightly boring thing, but I would think that the act of giving someone a hug was already a pretty unique and special thing.  My 2 cents.

Kipiru

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 19, 2009, 07:46:46 AM
What I don't understand, is why it needs to be some "omg-super-fanstastic-your-so-lucky" hug.  Isn't a hug enough?  I know you're all trying to put your own unique spin on things and trying to show some originality in what may seem a slightly boring thing, but I would think that the act of giving someone a hug was already a pretty unique and special thing.  My 2 cents.

As you say, the act of hugging alone is great enough, but I feel like when I take the time to name my hug I give special attention to a somewhat routine thing. It makes me feel like more than an automaton sending generic hugs around: "You get hug!". I also think the receiver appreciates it when you show him such consideration! As you have noticed I don't give out hugs every day- I only do it when I feel like it, cause I don't want it to feel like an obligation. I do it in a way I can enjoy it as well! My philosophy!

Gabi

Hugs are good by themselves, yes. But there's nothing wrong with adding some flavor just for fun (and for variety). Besides, I recall someone complaining about a PM which just said "you get one". I don't know who sent the PM, but since we're here to do something nice, I think it's best to do it nicely.

Mao

Fair enough.  It just seems unnecessary to me as a hug from any of you is special in and of itself.

Kipiru

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 19, 2009, 10:53:27 AM
Fair enough.  It just seems unnecessary to me as a hug from any of you is special in and of itself.

OK then, you get a Plain Old Non-random Unicorn Hug...wait, ups...I did it again  :P

Reese Tora

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 19, 2009, 06:17:48 AMI could do that. It'd take a little while, since I'm currently focusing on looking for work...

It's not like I make random hugs all that often, take your time.

Quote from: Gabi on February 19, 2009, 07:37:44 AMReese, llearch's script uses noise from digital cameras as a source of enthropy. Can it get more random than that? Besides, if you want to check whether a number is valid, you can just put it at the end of a profile URL and see for yourself.

But then I don't get to roll my dice. :<

Also, that's the method I have used in the past, it's somewhat tedious, and I feel bad about wasting DM's server resources.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Jairus

Okay, I'm still in a pretty good mood (despite my new model having a manufacturing defect that means I cannot complete it until I get a replacement runner), so two tonight! And they go to Daymond42 and Kamunt!

Kamunt

I feel randomly loved! :boogie Life is swell~

Darkdragon

Hmm, that's good to know. I'll probably drop in once in a while to give out random hugs when free time is more plentiful - sleep also happens to be a valuable commodity here. :/

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Reese Tora on February 19, 2009, 11:46:08 PM
Also, that's the method I have used in the past, it's somewhat tedious, and I feel bad about wasting DM's server resources.

Damaris' server resources aren't being wasted by the hug program half as much as they are by the users.

Seriously. The random hug script is as efficient as I can make it, without running it on the server itself. The resources it uses on the CWM server are so small, we wouldn't notice it if we had ten people hammering the random script at once.