Sweeping Darkness (OoC)

Started by Darkmoon, December 31, 2007, 02:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lushin

Quote from: familyghost on March 22, 2008, 06:25:34 PM
Quote from: Daimien on March 22, 2008, 04:20:38 PM
Tarson almost managed to get away from you guys.

NEVAR!!!!
Well he did just have two chances to get away.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

e_voyager

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 22, 2008, 03:31:57 AM
Actually, that was the sentence that I couldn't quite understand.

sorry about that but i edited that post before i replied her to make it easier to read. you see it's normally 2 to 3 in the morning when i get to post here.

and no Tarson will have to try a lot harder then that to get away.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

So...we've got two people thinking of DFX as Twenty-Eight now instead...two more and that will make it official.

EDIT:
BTW, what happened to llearch and Damaris? Darkmoon did make a responce for them (Eric's brandishing a crossbow at The Mime).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Damaris isn't very speedy at responding. I'm waiting on her.

Soon I'll stop waiting, and see what I can come up with.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Might be wise.

EDIT: FYI, I'll start the next bit of "adventure" tomorrow or so. I'm enjoying the conversation, so I don't want to spoil it yet.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

techmaster-glitch

Hey familyghost, I don't think that DFX or Tank have ever before referred to others of their kind before now, so that might be another interesting conversation hook; the fact that there [were] more constructs of a partially living kind like DFX and Tank. That would give them an opportunity to explain what happened to the rest and why ther are wandering around alone.
   Of course, if D-moon does want to get moving sometime soon, we could drop that for a later conversation and just finish up the 'humor' things we have here.
   Just a random thought.

Darkmoon

I'll jump in when there's a lull. There hasn't been one yet.

Omega

Quote from: Mr. Stitches on March 23, 2008, 08:29:48 PM
I'll start the next bit of "adventure" tomorrow or so. I'm enjoying the conversation, so I don't want to spoil it yet.
It's a bloody time too. This thing is turning into a emoventure faster than you can slice your wrists open.

Lushin

Well that's where your wrong. If you want to call it anything call it character development. Besides talking about one's past is alot different than complaining about something there is no reason to complain about. We're giving the characters something to do while waiting for the GM to get the time to figure out what's going on. It's what RPing is all about.
/happiness.exe

Darkmoon

Oh, I know exactly what to do. Believe me, I know where this game is going for months into the future. I just perfer to GM in a very hands off kind of manner. If the characters are doing fine on their own, I'll let them run until they need my assistance.

e_voyager

it's one thing to have opinion and insight into this it's another to get all weepy and worry about something. enigma is being distracted from his only thoughts by the weeping of the elven paladin. it's not sitting well with him. that Tarson's would be father in-law has such power if mildly interesting but to her her weeping about love when Tarson has seemingly made his decision. Tarson does not seem to be the rash sort. Enigma get the feeling that he's someone that weighs his options and carefully considers what is the best way the approach a situation. while form Enigma's point of View Arie(did i spell the name right?) is all about  fallowing the heart right now without truly considering the consequences of said actions.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: e_voyager on March 26, 2008, 01:43:26 AM
it's one thing to have opinion and insight into this it's another to get all weepy and worry about something. enigma is being distracted from his only thoughts by the weeping of the elven paladin. it's not sitting well with him. that Tarson's would be father in-law has such power if mildly interesting but to her her weeping about love when Tarson has seemingly made his decision. Tarson does not seem to be the rash sort. Enigma get the feeling that he's someone that weighs his options and carefully considers what is the best way the approach a situation. while form Enigma's point of View Arie(did i spell the name right?) is all about  fallowing the heart right now without truly considering the consequences of said actions.
Aire is someone who really cares. That's actually something I like to see. Don't bite off Azlan's head for that, unless your character would actually do that, though it would come across as being rather jerk-like.
So Tarson made his decision, and it probably was indeed a well-informed one. That doesn't make it any less sad or tragic, and that is something that a person like a faerie/elf paladin would be extreamly sensitive to.

e_voyager

well yes it is something he would / did do. Actually i wrote this post to explain why enigma responded to Aire the way he did an to try to say there were no hard feelings. not really. i wrote that post first . part of it was that he was being distract from what he would rater do and part of it was that Aire as much as she cares did not seem ready to let it go. he know that Tarson was probably hurting  form the subject but it seemed to be going around in circles and was really starting to bother him while he wanted to think about something else. i can edit it to seem less harsh or Post a response once Enigma has calmed down and he will say that he knows that she cares but that this is probably not something that Tarson likes to talk about.  looking at the ooc post again i really should have worded it better to make it clear that i was referring to enigma's point of view.

techmaster-glitch

No, I think your IC post was a good one, and editing it absolutely not my decision, regardless of how I feel about it. But yes, it was your OOC post that came off as a little personally agressive (in the same basic track as Omega's earlier), from my point of view. But that's just me. I'm not really involved any part of this. I probably shouldn't be saying anything at all.

Azlan

I had trouble reading the post... some things did not make sense, but I think I got the gist of it.  I did not take his post as anything but what his character felt... I did not read e_v disapproving of Az, but of Enigma arguing with Aire. 

If I was wrong, I'll apologize over your grave :P (kidding)
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

e_voyager

such humor and understanding makes that game more fun. and yes Azlan you read the post right despite the probably nightmareish grammar that i glimpse but i have not really slept so i'm not sure i could edit the ooc any better at the point form my lack of sleep. but  some of the mistakes i saw when trying to see what tech was refer to where only when i meant to type own and her her when it should have been hear her. i do apologize for what was probably a bad reading experience to all involved.

Darkmoon

I have sent a message to those people who's characters would have noticed something. Please check your PMs. If you didn't receive it, you didn't notice it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*sigh*

I lack inspiration. Sorry about that.

Darkmoon

*kicks the box*

*kicks the bocks too*

EDIT: Enigma, I'll allow the spell, as it's a good spell, but it is stretching your limited abilities with Light, fyi.

e_voyager

Quote from: Mr. Stitches on March 26, 2008, 10:46:50 PM

EDIT: Enigma, I'll allow the spell, as it's a good spell, but it is stretching your limited abilities with Light, fyi.

sorry about that. and just to be honest i had no ideal what magic i was using just that i was planning on using an illusion to cover my retreat form the direct battle since i was here at the start of it and the illusion that i was putting up a magical shield (it's not really a shield there) seemed like a good ideal so long as the spell had a very limited duration.
The tactic itself it's biased almost entirely on deception making someone think that you're doing one thing while during another and i would have understood had you not allowed it. when i think about it it's like cast 2 illusion at once. the illusion of action and the illusion of absence and that complicates things doesn't it?  i think i got the ideal form doctor wily in the mega man games.

Darkmoon

It's an interesting spell, so I allowed it. But it would use Light magic, which your character isn't strong in. So certainly the illusion won't last long, and could easily be dispelled.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mr. Stitches on March 26, 2008, 10:46:50 PM
*kicks the box*

*kicks the bocks too*

Ow.

And after my efforts, too. I'm crushed.

;-]

Darkmoon

Well, to be fair, I kicked you before I read the post. I figured no matter what you posted, I was free to kick you.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mr. Stitches on March 27, 2008, 04:24:07 PM
Well, to be fair, I kicked you before I read the post. I figured no matter what you posted, I was free to kick you.

Oh, well, in that case. ;-]

Darkmoon

Hehehe. Fear not, I'll handle your plotline is just a bit.

Lushin

Edited my IC post. So check it out.
/happiness.exe

techmaster-glitch

My appearences may be a little sporadic for the next few days. I'll post when I can.

Darkmoon

For those hoping the find some sort of magic going on, you won't find anything. The puzzle is nothing that simple.

e_voyager

magic is not the only force in the world.

count me confused. i'm watching them i note that he said but it's name making sense unless we stepped through some kind of invisible gateway ore the is a hidden gateway nearby.

techmaster-glitch

I actually never though it was a gate we passed through, but something that passed over us. What that something is, I haven't the faintest clue.