09/24/07 [DMFA #823] - It's like bookmarking!

Started by Sid, September 23, 2007, 09:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xHaZxMaTx

AndersW

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on September 24, 2007, 11:41:52 PM
It got better.

No no, its "I got better."  I think.  An excuse to watch it again  :eager

And enough quoting Monty Python.

Aleolus

Reese Tora

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 24, 2007, 01:55:14 PM
Quote from: Reese Tora on September 24, 2007, 01:01:43 PM
That might be the case, if, you might recall, that wasn't actually Albanion in disguise that they were dealing with at the time.

Uh, wasn't it Nutmeg pretending to be Albanion?  Then, after Mab skewered her a few times, she tried to hug Jyrras, realised she was full of spear, removed it and then tried again, by which time Jyrras was scared out of his wits?  (Thus causing Albanion to get mad)

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_787.php
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_788.php
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_789.php

You appear to be correct, sir.

At this point, I would suggest that it was Albanion pretending to be Nutmeg Pretending to be Albanion, wheels within wheels, but Naldaru has beaten me to the punch while I was at work.

See that's the problem with me posting in the morning before I can properly wake up. (or durring the day when I am distracted by work, or in the evening, when I am tired... I sense a trend)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Fuyudenki

i think you're making this more complex than it needs to be.  Why should Albanion pretend to be Nutmeg impersonating him?  For one, what's the point?  Nutmeg impersonating Albanion makes sense.  Albanion pretending to be impersonated by his own wife?  Not in the least.  For two, that actually contradicts what has happened earlier, and I'm fairly certain Amber doesn't change the rules within the same chapter.  Nutmeg had trouble maintaining the Albanion disguise, and Mab caught that.  Albanion planting the faults in his own disguise might make sense if he was trying to frame his wife, but then, it'd have to be a normal thing, or Mab wouldn't have picked up on it, and I have seen no flaws in either the Nutmeg we've seen thus far, nor the human-shaped Fae we see now.

In all, it's kinda like when people went "OMGWTFBBQ, THERE'S A WARP-ACI NAMED NUTMEG!!!  THEY'RE TOTALLY THE SAME CHARACTERZORZ!!!ONEONEONE!"  You're looking for something that's not there.  It's a waste of time.  Kindly stop it.

Naldru

But it's so much fun.  I'm not saying that that's the way it is, but merely providing starting points for conversation.  In the real world, Occam's razor provides a fine shave, but our world is sane.  (Although the implications of probability and uncertainty give it an appearance of insanity.)  I do try to avoid the hottest buttons.

By the way, the reason that Albanion would have pretended to be Nutmeg pretending to be Albanion would have been to provide an excuse for Albanion planting the bands nn Jyrras.  Also since Mab is a friend of Jyrras, she might go along with such a deception in order to keep Jyrras angry.  (By the way, there is a literary precedent for such an event.  Look for a novel entitled "The Great Impersonation".)

By the way, if you think I'm being overcomplicated, you should take a look at the discussion that caused Descartes to come up with his quote "I think, therefore I am".  (That one started with "How do I know that I exist and am not just a figment of somebody's imagination and went on from there".)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Naldru on September 25, 2007, 06:20:44 AM
In the real world, Occam's razor provides a fine shave, but our world is sane.

Occam's razor works just as well for Amber's World. The problem is, you're missing some basic information for the razor to work on. We all are - Amber hasn't told us yet.

Still, the best we have -still- works for the razor. Just be aware that there are times when the simplest answer -isn't- the best, because it fails to take into account some of the other info. Such is life, and this is exactly the same in RL. *shrug*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

*Charles sneaks a peek at Amber's DMFA future plot notes*

Albanion is actually... Dan!   :U

And Kria is actually... Lorenda!   :U

And Fa'lina is actually... Kitteh!   :U

And the Doctor is actually... Charline?!   :erk

And Nutmeg is actually... Henry Kissinger???   :mowdizzy

And Mab is actually... Amber!   :U :U :U  *the most shocking of all!*

This is all very confusing, an interlaced web of deceit, like the conspiracy of the mutant spiders that really are responsible for spinning nylon.   :B

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Fuyudenki

what Llearch said.  More than nearly any webcomic author I've seen, Amber avoids overcomplicating things, and we can usually take things at face value.  The deepest I can recall her going is a single level of misdirection, such as where Cid Rewanz turned out to be dead, and been played by an incubus named Aniz for the last twenty-five years.  Multiple times, I've seen people here scream OMGEEZ, CONSPIRACY!  and almost every time, I've seen them wrong.

I don't think Amber particularly likes surprises.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Raist on September 25, 2007, 11:18:39 AM

Oh I don't mind them.   I just don't go out of my way to throw them into every possible comic.  I tend to prefer to just coast along and let the really big ones blindside people like a steamroller.

xHaZxMaTx

A very fast steamroller.  So that they don't see it coming. ;)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 25, 2007, 11:30:35 AM
I tend to prefer to just coast along and let the really big ones blindside people like a steamroller.

Mwahahahahahahaha! ;-]

Reese Tora

Well, I wasn't really being serious when I mentioned the possibility of wheels within wheels, just my bad memory switched up who was impersonating who in the first place, and I ran with it once I was discovered to be wrong. :3

I find running with it makes it harder for the torch and pitchfork crowd to catch up. ;)

Regal

Now I've got this mental image of a med-crazed Amber chasing people with a steamroller.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Regal on September 25, 2007, 12:07:39 PM
Now I've got this mental image of a med-crazed Amber chasing people with a steamroller.

You think -you've- got problems, I've got an image of Amber in a steamroller chasing a crowd of folks, who all have torches and pitchforks, and are chasing Reese.

All we need is a handy manhole, and everything will be Road Runner....

Reese Tora

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 25, 2007, 12:22:36 PM

You think -you've- got problems, I've got an image of Amber in a steamroller chasing a crowd of folks, who all have torches and pitchforks, and are chasing Reese.

This work for ya?

but, who's going to pay for the icecream?

Fresnor

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 25, 2007, 12:22:36 PM

Funny, I was picturing Amber AS the steamroller when I read this...

Anri

Quote from: Alondro on September 25, 2007, 09:28:49 AM
*Charles sneaks a peek at Amber's DMFA future plot notes*

Albanion is actually... Dan!   :U

And Kria is actually... Lorenda!   :U

And Fa'lina is actually... Kitteh!   :U

And the Doctor is actually... Charline?!   :erk

And Nutmeg is actually... Henry Kissinger???   :mowdizzy

And Mab is actually... Amber!   :U :U :U  *the most shocking of all!*

This is all very confusing, an interlaced web of deceit, like the conspiracy of the mutant spiders that really are responsible for spinning nylon.   :B

And Fluffy hates us all so very, very much...

Kenji

Oh I don't mind them.   I just don't go out of my way to throw them into every possible comic.  I tend to prefer to just coast along and let the really big ones blindside people like a steamroller.

Like how Deebs is stealing peoples socks to make to a doomsday device?

Naldru

My vision is of Amber sitting in a room with all sort of mad scientist equipment and Fluffy plaing the role of Igor.

Fluffy:  What are we going to do tonight, Amber.
Amber:  Same thing we do every night, Fluffy.  Plot to take over the minds of our readers, and drive them insane with anticipation.

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Zedd

Quote from: Naldru on September 25, 2007, 08:23:44 PM

My vision is of Amber sitting in a room with all sort of mad scientist equipment and Fluffy plaing the role of Igor.

Amber:  Same thing we do every night, Fluffy.  Plot to take over the minds of our readers, and drive them insane with anticipation.
No thats till halloween

Madmann135

Quote from: Naldru on September 25, 2007, 08:23:44 PM

HUSH NOW!!!
Don't Ruin her master plan of getting free slave labor through mind warping.

*covers mouth*  oops!

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.