09/24/07 [DMFA #823] - It's like bookmarking!

Started by Sid, September 23, 2007, 09:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 24, 2007, 06:56:45 AM
Quote from: Fresnor on September 23, 2007, 09:16:21 PM
In other news; the Universes latest shot at Amber is more sickness and weight-gain around the midruff area...  *hides in a very deep hole*

Bah.  That's unlikely.  Soon as I can afford it, I'm totally stapling those ovaries up or something.  I have no intention of having kids ever.

i don't think the world's quite ready for amber-spawn just yet, anyway  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Stig Hemmer

I have no intention of having kids ever.
But, but... the child of two artists!  Think of all the future art you are depriving the world of! :cry
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

llearch n'n'daCorna

.. I can get you a box of staples, if you want... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Madmann135

I think the young lady forgot to add "...of old age."

In a way Albiaon did Jyrras a favor.  Now he has a bit of creature immunity.

Quote from: Turnsky on September 24, 2007, 03:06:21 AM
i think this says it all

I though I saw a sign like that in one of the comic pages, a few pages around when they were ported to the fae world.

(I burst out laughing when I saw that)
Quote from: Turnsky on September 24, 2007, 07:10:03 AM
In other news; the Universes latest shot at Amber is more sickness and weight-gain around the midruff area...  *hides in a very deep hole*

Bah.  That's unlikely.  Soon as I can afford it, I'm totally stapling those ovaries up or something.  I have no intention of having kids ever.

This world is not ready for Amber's offspring.  We need a few more years to fortify the internet, the artistic community and society.  If not everything will fall apart with the arival of Amber's spawn internet venture.

yes I'm bored.
Mo-Me-Mi-Mo.
Me-Mo-Mi-Me.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Regal

Ah, but you have challenged the universe. You'll wake up tomorrow with a kid on each arm and a third on the way.

Alondro

*Charline uses reverse psychology!*  That's right Amber!  We DON'T want you to have children either!  They'd probably end up deformed from all the ink fumes and Swedish Fish artificial coloring toxins.  Not to mention they'd be Canadian!  Blah!  In fact, I COMMAND you never to have children!  YOU MUST OBEY!!!

>:3

PS:  Charline grumps now because the bangles make Jyrras off-limits for devouring.   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

GabrielsThoughts

I agree If you have children make sure they're American. of course, once they open up the Canadian/Mexican border again in seven years it won't really matter what country you live in. Us Americans will just cross the borders all willy-nilly like we own the place. 
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

TheDXM

If I were Jyrras, I'd make a patch for those bangles that's impossible to remove and give it to Nutmeg as a 'gift.'

Since it would clash with her outfit so badly and Jyrras would be the only one to know how to remove it, he'd have a solid bargaining chip.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on September 24, 2007, 09:48:49 AM
PS:  Charline grumps now because the bangles make Jyrras off-limits for devouring.   :<

You could nibble around the edges a bit, though...

Quote from: The DXM on September 24, 2007, 10:55:42 AM
Since it would clash with her outfit so badly and Jyrras would be the only one to know how to remove it, he'd have a solid bargaining chip.

.. and it would also give Albanion more reason to want revenge on Jyrras. Good move.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Saist

Quote from: Zachski on September 23, 2007, 09:37:32 PM
...Well... I don't think Jyrras has to worry about any creatures hunting him now.

Honestly, it seems more like... like...

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_565.php

Like that.

Except more permanent, and the creature would more likely be killed by a very mad fae if they killed/ate/sacrificed someone with those bangles.

I'm still hoping that there will be a NASCAR or other racing event occurring at Richmond's Track during next AC. Kidnap Amber and take her to  an event  :mowwink

rt

Meh if Albanion couldn't think of anything to do with Jy you'll just end up with a pair of banles too. Seems not much to worry about (Plus you could have Albanion for desert!)

Fuyudenki

but then, who will finish off your comic after you die and leave it unfinished?

Oh wait, I'll be dead before then, anyway.  Nevermind.

Quote from: Turnsky on September 24, 2007, 07:10:03 AM

There's a lot of currently living people who i think the world is less prepared for than any kids Amber might have.

Regal

Quote from: The DXM on September 24, 2007, 10:55:42 AM
If I were Jyrras, I'd make a patch for those bangles that's impossible to remove and give it to Nutmeg as a 'gift.'

Or he would get the death sentence in twelve systems for messing with the fae queen.

Fuyudenki

but Jy already has bangles.  Can he get another set?

That's just being greedy.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 24, 2007, 04:52:35 AM
Quote from: Reese Tora on September 24, 2007, 02:53:28 AM
Considering what we ACTUALLY know about the guy, both as an individual and as a member of a capricious and long-lived race, I think it's entirely plausible that the entire 'Mabs parents dying' think could be engineered for the express purpose of marking Jyrras for 'vengeance'.

Seems a bit slipshod to me.  Lorenda could have been closest when she made the hug attempt in which case she would have been targetted for vengeance instead.  In fact, if Mab hadn't made Nutmeg pointy, Jyrras might not have been so freaked out in the first place.

That might be the case, if, you might recall, that wasn't actually Albanion in disguise that they were dealing with at the time. (unless there was another hug attempt by the real Nutmeg after they arrived in the fae realm... my memory ain't that great, you know?)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

DarkAudit

Quote from: je.saist on September 24, 2007, 11:42:48 AM
Quote from: Zachski on September 23, 2007, 09:37:32 PM
...Well... I don't think Jyrras has to worry about any creatures hunting him now.

Honestly, it seems more like... like...

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_565.php

Like that.

Except more permanent, and the creature would more likely be killed by a very mad fae if they killed/ate/sacrificed someone with those bangles.

I'm still hoping that there will be a NASCAR or other racing event occurring at Richmond's Track during next AC. Kidnap Amber and take her to  an event  :mowwink

I'm sure that would violate several articles of the Geneva Convention.  :erk
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Zedd

*Charline uses reverse psychology!*  That's right Amber!  We DON'T want you to have children either!  They'd probably end up deformed from all the ink fumes and Swedish Fish artificial coloring toxins.  Not to mention they'd be Canadian!  Blah!  In fact, I COMMAND you never to have children!  YOU MUST OBEY!!!

*hits Charline with newspaper* No..Bad girl..No more doctor who before midnight..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Reese Tora on September 24, 2007, 01:01:43 PM
That might be the case, if, you might recall, that wasn't actually Albanion in disguise that they were dealing with at the time.

Uh, wasn't it Nutmeg pretending to be Albanion?  Then, after Mab skewered her a few times, she tried to hug Jyrras, realised she was full of spear, removed it and then tried again, by which time Jyrras was scared out of his wits?  (Thus causing Albanion to get mad)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ted Schiller

The worse thing that can happen to a Fae is boredom.

Over at Tales of the Questor a Wild Hunt is starting because the Fey got the yawnies.

That will be the basis of Albanion's revenge.

I will now force you to ...
Study Mathematics!

(insert musical sting)

Wow. It's been so long since I've done Mangleloid Quadratics.  I forgotten how much fun it is.

Mmmmm, that didn't work.

With regards,
Ted

Alondro

Quote from: rt on September 24, 2007, 12:16:37 PM

Meh if Albanion couldn't think of anything to do with Jy you'll just end up with a pair of banles too. Seems not much to worry about (Plus you could have Albanion for desert!)

*Charline hmmms*  He is a horse... horses are prey for lions... and think of the power boost I'd get if I succeeded.  Hmmmm...  >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

rabid_fox

Hrnn. Now, I expect to get crucified for this, but I've always thought that the less Lorenda is involved, the better for the comic. This is starting to drag a wee bit now.

Oh dear.

Zedd

Quote from: rabid_fox on September 24, 2007, 06:25:01 PM

Hrnn. Now, I expect to get crucified for this, but I've always thought that the less Lorenda is involved, the better for the comic. This is starting to drag a wee bit now.
BURN THE WITCH!!  :U

AndersW

Quote from: Zedd on September 24, 2007, 06:39:57 PM

How do you know she is a witch?

Zedd

Quote from: AndersW on September 24, 2007, 07:04:08 PM
Quote from: Zedd on September 24, 2007, 06:39:57 PM

How do you know she is a witch?
I ment Rabid my dear...

AnizInDisguise

You can still eat me! Come on, kill me dangit!  :eager

And also, after pondering I have decided that the bangles probably do NOT give him immortality, because then he may be able to find a way to make it so that Albanion himself can't kill him!

(I know, dumb theory. But frankly, its all I got  ;))

Alondro

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on September 24, 2007, 08:07:10 PM

You can still eat me! Come on, kill me dangit!  :eager

*Charline frowns*  No.  URTEHSUXX0RZ.  LOLZ.   :B

Naldru

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 24, 2007, 01:55:14 PM
Quote from: Reese Tora on September 24, 2007, 01:01:43 PM
That might be the case, if, you might recall, that wasn't actually Albanion in disguise that they were dealing with at the time.

Uh, wasn't it Nutmeg pretending to be Albanion?  Then, after Mab skewered her a few times, she tried to hug Jyrras, realised she was full of spear, removed it and then tried again, by which time Jyrras was scared out of his wits?  (Thus causing Albanion to get mad)

Just for the heck of it, let's try a way out theory.  What Jyrras actually met was Albanion pretending to be Nutmeg pretending to be Albanion and the black fae-human is also Albanion in disguise.  Since Albanion wants the other creatures to let Jyrras alone for a while, and the bangles are a means of keeping Jyrras alive while other plans are developed.  Fae like plays, and Albanion is having a ball putting on a one-man show.

Meanwhile, consider the possibility that the accident at the personal ads department that resulted in Jyrras's parents meeting was actually arranged by Akaen who was experimenting in producing better inventors for the technologies that he has been investing in.  (After all, Angels apparently like devious methods.)  Akaen has been involved with breeding experiments for several hundred years and is actually a distant ancestor of Jyrras.  (Hence, both having large ears.)  Akaen is also a major investor for Jyrras's research, perhaps under an assumed identity, and has managed to have unrestricted access to the laboratory.

Then let us break through the fourth wall and into the twilight zone, and assume that Amber's medical problems are due to Akaen, who is trying to slow down the stories so that his plans will not be revealed prematurely.

At this point, the ideas going through my head are getting, and I think I better go take some medicine.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

nikename2

So your saying Al and Ak for some reason struck a deal behind the councils back to "protect" Jy from dying prematurely (I.E. pissed off Kria/Lorenda/assassin/death by mob of fangirls/old age/etc.) since it plays to both their strengths?

Akaen wants Jy to continue researching, and Albanion is secretly the greatest playwrite in all of Furrae's history and wants to put on a show of epic proportions?

Yeah crazy theory, but a good one at that.

superluser

Quote from: AndersW on September 24, 2007, 07:04:08 PMHow do you know she is a witch?

rabid_fox turned me into a Newt!

Edit: ...I got better.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Naldru

That's not the crazy theory.  The crazy theory goes further, and is partly based on the final episode of Big O.  I call it the unified fur theory.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.