Cubi dislike Dragons Why?

Started by Demont, September 27, 2006, 03:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boog

Quote from: Zedd on September 28, 2006, 08:49:40 PM
Cause your too cute to blame  :P
No she isn't. I'll happily blame her right now. She pissed off some cubi and that sort of lifespan gives you quite some time to work up a good grudge.

Dakata

Quote from: Boogeyman on September 28, 2006, 09:09:10 PM
Quote from: Zedd on September 28, 2006, 08:49:40 PM
Cause your too cute to blame  :P
No she isn't. I'll happily blame her right now. She pissed off some cubi and that sort of lifespan gives you quite some time to work up a good grudge.
PROVE I pissed off some cubi. >:3

Zedd

Only thig we have  to hold back that hooman Charles

ShiningShadow

Now, Now be nice or we settle this in the boxing ring *YO Adrian in sylvester stallone voice*...........................

Gabi

Does this have anything to do with Dan having been killed by a dragon that one time?

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_175.php
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

bill

Well, according to http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_189.php , that never happened. Besides, he so had it coming.

ShiningShadow

But think of this If Dan has this hatred of dragons is it because of his father the adventurer maybe taught him that all dragons are evil and such. It could be how he hates Dragons for this such of a reason If i'm wrong on this then I'm wrong. But I think it's something that is taught from a family member who had bad experiences with the Dragon clan.........................

Boog

I still say it's just what happens when you have two species that think they're each the greatest thing since vertebrates. Could just be instinctive though, like how bears and dogs always make a big fuss when they smell each other.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Boogeyman on October 01, 2006, 09:27:50 PM
I still say it's just what happens when you have two species that think they're each the greatest thing since vertebrates. Could just be instinctive though, like how bears and dogs always make a big fuss when they smell each other.

Maybe your right on the instinctive here. But I think the adventurer part in him has to do with the hatred with dragons. Who knows what thought are runing through Dan's mind. We will never know until it will come out in a story by Amber. Till then we will wait and see.

Aridas

Why are we talking about Dan? Dan has no problem with dragons other than the fact he owed one money.

skwerly

@Aridas: Yes he does.  And while his Death by Dragon a few panels later was negated as BillBuckner said, Dan's bias existed before the arc.  Then again, that was years ago.  He may have mellowed since then, especially now that he thinks he's a racist.

@Shadow: I don't think daddy taught him how to hate dragons. C'mon, he married a cubi who threatened to destroy him, which suggests he knows that not every member of an "evil race" is actually evil.  Besides, adventuring's a job, not an instinct.

Aridas

That one doesn't count. He didn't say that in the normal continuity and he doesn't REALLY hate them. Just pip. JUST PIP. And his fellow grring huggling kind. Dan seems really ok with dragons that don't want him dead or as a snack. :<

skwerly

'course it counts.  He hated dragons before the arc.  Continuity got reset to a point before his speech, but the feelings are still there.  We're just not supposed to know about it.

Granted he seems to have no problems with some dragons, but he still believes he hates them all, not just Pip.

Aridas

Are you Dan? Nope. Dan has only admitted within continuity to hating cubi. So far other than that he only openly hates drakes.

ITOS

Quote from: AbelIt's just someone has to look out for Dan's wellbeing.

So they protect their young ones? What are they afraid of? Bad influence? That Dan might start to like dragons?

Sorry if this has been raised before...
This generic comment was brought to you by:

ShiningShadow

Quote from: skwerly on October 02, 2006, 09:19:20 AM
'course it counts.  He hated dragons before the arc.  Continuity got reset to a point before his speech, but the feelings are still there.  We're just not supposed to know about it.

Granted he seems to have no problems with some dragons, but he still believes he hates them all, not just Pip.

I think you are right on this one. Dan is saying this way before when Pyro Revealed himself as a Dragon> But one thing that bother's me what makes Dan think this way isn't he the kind of person will help out anybody no matter who they are. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm this pondering of the question will haunt us all if we don't get a straight answer on this.................

Alondro

Quote from: ITOS on October 02, 2006, 10:56:24 AM
Quote from: AbelIt's just someone has to look out for Dan's wellbeing.

So they protect their young ones? What are they afraid of? Bad influence? That Dan might start to like dragons?

*Charline nods*  That sort of problem has arisen before... *suddenly looks rather guilty*  It's not my fault!  He was such a handsome dragon and devlishly seductive! ...  Erf, I was young and naive at the time!  :redface
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Manawolf

I'd say you're still naive, just not so young (or maybe the word I'm looking for is gullible).

ShiningShadow

But the main point of all this. Is that Dand think this way we all want to know why and how this kind of thinking has grown to this point, and why is he trying to reason with this as a fact. I don't know more about Dan's characteras the next guy but I know TW knows more about Dan than Dan himself......................

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShiningShadow on October 03, 2006, 12:54:44 PM
I don't know more about Dan's characteras the next guy but I know TW knows more about Dan than Dan himself

I hope that's a typo too  :erk
There are people on this forum who are part of Amber's 'inner circle'.  But I am not one of them.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aridas

I really don't even think Amber should have an inner circle. Half the time, they give away things... Either completely, or otherwise hint and let the smart people figure it out.

Slavkei

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 03, 2006, 04:25:30 PM
I really don't even think Amber should have an inner circle. Half the time, they give away things... Either completely, or otherwise hint and let the smart people figure it out.

So... you're saying it's not okay for people to have friends to hang out with in the real world?

Bugger, no wonder you are the idjit you are.

ShiningShadow

Yeah that too but we as the fans has to look at it very closely with a fine tooth comb to get the answers we desire. But lately we haven't found anything *bah that word at the tip of my tounge* substantial in the strip. Till then we will find something very juicy and talk about till no end..................................

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2006, 01:40:20 PM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on October 03, 2006, 12:54:44 PM
I don't know more about Dan's characteras the next guy but I know TW knows more about Dan than Dan himself

I hope that's a typo too  :erk
There are people on this forum who are part of Amber's 'inner circle'.  But I am not one of them.

Oh come on TW you are the most informed member here at DMFA  you are in the inner circle of Amber and you don't know that yet..................

Aridas

Quote from: Slavkei on October 04, 2006, 07:19:54 AM

So... you're saying it's not okay for people to have friends to hang out with in the real world?

Bugger, no wonder you are the idjit you are.
Stupid. Stupid stupid stupid. You don't read very well do you? BECAUSE THEN YOU WOULD KNOW I AM REFERRING TO TAPEWOLF'S POST, WHICH DOES A VERY GOOD JOB OF ASSUMING THE INNER CIRCLE MEANS SOMETHING OTHER THAN BEING FRIENDS, thank you very much. Quit being a jerk. I've had enough of you screwing with me like that back before we were on this forum. You sure know how to piss people off. I only wish this forum wasn't PG, because there's a lot I'd like to say to you right now that I can't. And I won't, because unlike you, I've got a brain and I tend to use it properly. I don't twist peoples' words to make them look like idiots. However, I do point it out when it's obvious.

llearch n'n'daCorna

\|||/       
         (o o)       
,----ooO--(_)-------.
| Please            |
|   don't feed the  |
|     TROLL's !     |
'--------------Ooo--'
        |__|__|     
         || ||       
        ooO Ooo     

*whistles*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

skwerly

Slavkei (and others), please please please don't respond to Aridas's last post in the forum.  Take it straight to PM. Please. No more flame wars. They hurt.

*beg plead grovel*

Gabi

:yeahthat Nice sign, llearch! :)

So... does anyone have anything else to say on the subject of Cubi-Dragon interaction?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

Cubi tend to land on their feet better than Dragons, when dropped? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Damaris

Aridas had a very good point on inner circles.  Some people who are told about upcoming plot lines have let the secrets slip, or have "haha, I know something you don't"'d the rest of the forumer.  I know that Amber really thumped someone a few months ago because of that.

Just because you're a real life friend does not mean you have to know what's going on in the comic, and just because you know what's going on in the comic does not mean you're a real life friend.

Slavaki, the insult was rude.  Discuss the thought, not the poster.  I refuse to have people act like seven year olds on this forum, especially when the seven year olds I deal with at work are typically better behaved.

Aridas, there was no need to go off on him to that extent and insult him back.  The above applies to you as well.

Zedd, we do not misspell human on this forum.  We consider that to be a "racial" slur.

Now, back on topic we go.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber