Cubi dislike Dragons Why?

Started by Demont, September 27, 2006, 03:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmann135

Correct...

I wonder if Jarrys has a patch to make Dan look like a dragon. 
I'm wondering now.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Zedd

How much paper money you have in your pocket perhaps

Cogidubnus

I'm wandering a here and there...

And I'm wondering. Yeah. Wondrin', if I packed me enough underwear....
(If you get this reference, you deserve a cookie)

I thought the whole 'Dragons hate Cubi' thing was because Dragons thought of Cubi as some sort of mutant deviation of the dragon lineage? I thought I read that somewhere, anyway...

Edit: oh yeah, there it is on the first page. Oops. :animesweat

thetire

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on October 05, 2006, 10:07:07 AM
I shall cover my track on the hockey idea by presenting my alternate theory. It's all Fa'Lina's doing as an act of revenge against one dragon. This dragon was a practical joker and as Fa'Lina obviously has no sense of humor she was a constant target. Unfortunately one day he went too far and the feud was declared. This was also the day the "poodle cut" was invented.

*Zander in Dragon form peers over an exceptionally tall fence* oh snap!  :<

e_voyager

patches are fin and all but it's hard to really understand another spices with out going the whole 9 yards.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShiningShadow

Till then I think its a lot of those things and more we haven't discussed here. Until we have the full story on the Dragon and Cubi thing here we will speculate some more........................

Stygian

Bleh. Jyrras and his patches. I find the things... disturbing. *Cuts short*

Firstly I agree with Voyager in that you cannot truly understand a species unless you've really and thoroughly transformed into an individual of that species.

Secondly I agree with Mel in that you can probably lay at least some of the blame for the enmity between Dragons and Cubi on Fa'Lina (what with creating an academy and centralizing cubi power). She is too powerful and way too arrogant for her own good. Hopefully, someone who is capable of challenging her magical power without having magic of their own will come along and teach her a thing or two.

Madmann135

Stygian you are probably right.
Dragons take pride in hording things, valuable things and magic is quite valuable.  With the introduction of the Cubi Academy cubi have been getting more powerful and Fa'Lina has been the main benefactor from that little endever.  Not only is she beyond her normal years of life but she is quite possiably one of the most strongest cubi to be there.

My question is this... in the future when Dan is stronger will he have the power to challange Fa'Lina and win?  We all know that he's an skilled combatant even at his young age and with age comes an increase of skill and power, though he did give up the use of his magical abilites due to the 'incident.'  Yet dispite he gave up the use of his magical abilites he has bested some of the more powerful creatures in his travels (like Pegasis, and survived a few powerful Blue Mythos).

Me personally I'm betting that If Dan becomes strong enough he will have the best chance of knocking Fa'Lina down a peg or more.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Mel Dragonkitty

Even ignoring any long-range goals that Fa'Lina might have, just think of the amount of shaping of the cubi race she has been able to do. Evidently almost every cubi has gone to SAIA since it opened and experienced an education based on Fa'Lina's biases. Since it's a boarding school this a total immersion into Fa'Lina's world. We have at least one example (Aery) where the teacher was once the student and has little-to-no experience outside of what she was taught (the truth of the "special incantation ploy" comes to mind). They are reaching a point where Fa'Lina's opinions become truths.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Aridas

Hey, that's one thing I don't think anyone thought of -- the possibility that this is all a personal thing nobody else is really aware about.

Mel Dragonkitty

Even with no agenda on Fa'Lina's part it is kind of scary to think that one person has controlled the education of multiple generations of an entire race. Her belief system has been innoculated into everyone who has passed through that school. If they accept it or reject it, it is still the basis for their beliefs. Scary thought, Fa'Lina as the base pattern for all cubis.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Stygian

Not to mention, Fa'Lina is concentrated power in herself, up to the point where she is semi-omnipotent and -omniscient. And indeed her manners are very much along the baseline of what signifies cubi; proud, headstrong and arrogant, used to the world changing to her expectations, or letting itself be changed with a little force applied. I cannot but respect her for her age and wisdom, but as for her power...

But then, Fa'Lina is just another creature of the world, restricted by its confines of dimensionality and power. And however omnipotent in one world, in the next, things might be veeeeery different.

Alondro

*Charline smirks*  Oh, I'm quite sure Fa'lina has personal reasons for starting SAIA... given that Amber did already give some info on that in the character bio.  But you'll find most very powerful cubi and dragons, and demons and even beings have agendas.  I too have an agenda... and enormous powers!  *Charline the cubi has PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS!!  But... she lives in Charles' brain*  Itty bitty living space... ;)

*Charles suddenly feels insulted*  Hey!  I represent that remark!   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Mel Dragonkitty

I wasn't saying that Fa'Lina didn't have an agenda. I was just reflecting on the effects on a society from having only one resource to learn from. I can muse on Deebs raising multiple generations of sentient gum in the lab closet instead.

e_voyager

that mel i don't foresee as dweebs is dweeds. for that to happen she would need  "aah the mental images. they are freezing my brain!
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

GabrielsThoughts

all will be revealed shortly....Maybe.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Aridas

*streaks through the topic, revealing all*

Stygian

Oh no! I can see the truth! It burns my eyes! Dragons are all full of pockets of noes, and cubi will never be interior decoratorsandIcannotstopforIknowthefaerieswillgetmewiththeirhorriblegravysauceOH-GOD-PLEASE-HELP-ME!

*ending sound effect: Headcrab_Zombie, imported from Half-Life 2*

LionHeart

No, that wasn't the truth you saw. That was just Aridas revealing his shortcomings.

(Come on, you were all thinking it...)
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Stygian

DID YOU NOT SEE UNDER THE PETTICOATS?! THE TRUTH DECLARED THAT IT WAS SMALL AND GREEN!

ShiningShadow

What ever Fa lina is doing I see the school as a launching pad for the Cubi's to attack the dragons and I bet Fa lina has the location of the tribe. Right now she needs an opportunity to strike. I think Dan is part of that equation. I have a bad feeling there's something there that we are not seeing and Fa lina using Dan for purposes we don't know is very scary. If this direction where Amber is going then let it develop and we will judge ourselves with the finished strip.

Stygian

UNHOLY LORD, IT'S A CONSPIRACY! WARN THE MUFFINS, COMRADE!

Seriously, though that might be a possible scenario, I think the cubi are too content with their situation to do more tahn bully beings and roll around, all smug and aloof.

Magic

Besides, it's so much more fun to play than to work.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Alondro

*Charline smirks*  If any cubi would come up with a conspiracy to usurp the absolute power, it would have to be...  *Silence.  Charline has suddenly vanished!*  >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

ShiningShadow

If this scenario happens then we will see the mother of all wars. Death destruction, heartache, so much pain all around. I see also Jyrass with his inventions the 50 cal. Gatling gun and those mech will tip the balance but to whom? The more I think about this the more its scares me. But in the inevitable of war there's many people will get hurt or killed, but we will see what happens next.

Aridas

Since I'm feeling particularly insane, let's do the math :3

DMFA = funny
Death = not funny
Destruction = mehhhh
Heartache = not funny
death + destruction + heartache = War
War = not funny :<
DMFA + War = No D:

...And that's why I got an 80 in math. *avoids bullets for the pun post* But seriously,  in plain english, I'll just say that a war in the sense you put it has no place in DMFA... DMFA is supposed to be semi-daily-ish laughs, and that just doesn't mix with a war. Wars are too long and they hurt. it would be something you'd find in Abel's Story, not regular DMFA. :<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hear, hear, Aridas. Well said, if belabouring the point a trifle :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

DigitalMan

A very good point. DMFA just doesn't have a very war-like atmosphere. Now, a war could start, mind you... and then likely end 15 minutes later because of something completely random. In the end, all parties involved would be eating muffins.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 24, 2006, 07:49:09 AM
Since I'm feeling particularly insane, let's do the math :3

DMFA = funny
Death = not funny
Destruction = mehhhh
Heartache = not funny
death + destruction + heartache = War
War = not funny :<
DMFA + War = No D:

...And that's why I got an 80 in math. *avoids bullets for the pun post* But seriously,  in plain english, I'll just say that a war in the sense you put it has no place in DMFA... DMFA is supposed to be semi-daily-ish laughs, and that just doesn't mix with a war. Wars are too long and they hurt. it would be something you'd find in Abel's Story, not regular DMFA. :<

True, true your right on this one but there's something going on at the Cubi Academy. I can't put my finger on it. But I have this rock in my gut it involved with Dan and Abel. I don't know but there's something afoot there at the academy.

Stygian

I think it might just be Kria Soulstealer going rampant again. Seriously, someone has to tie that woman up and force-feed her aubergine.