2014/01/10 [DMFA #1455] Wait 'til you see his Power Bomb.

Started by ZacAttac21, January 10, 2014, 02:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

This. This is why Mink is one of my favorite characters. xD

Mischa

Mink, the path to Uzumaki is one of madness!  MADNESS!  D:

(A spiral-shaped cookie to anyone who gets the reference? X3)

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Mischa on January 10, 2014, 05:00:01 AM

I'm TURNING into a SNAAAAAAIL.....
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Wanderer

Mink, the path to Uzumaki is one of madness!  MADNESS!  D:

I wish I didn't get the reference. Fortunately, I haven't actually read the work in question, just read about it. Works of horror are not my forte.

Drakkenmensch

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Howl

Mao

He's not the only one who's upset about the loss of Owona.  ;n;

I curled up a bit too.

Zebra Bug

Uzamaki was horrifying. I like horror/gore as a general rule, but Uzamaki was too much even for me. Seriously. *shudder* So thank you.....if it was not for Samus references outweighing spirals in my mind....*hums Samus's theme song*

And now I am curious....they have more than one representative (as opposed to actual avatar of a leader) so why does Piflik specify Jeremiah reporting to Taun? Did Taun and Owona have a connection? Ok. Just reread the Cubi Leaders bonus. So they do have an unkown connection. I wonder how deep though? Will Taun react like Seme?

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zebra Bug on January 10, 2014, 11:14:57 AM
Did Taun and Owona have a connection? Ok. Just reread the Cubi Leaders bonus. So they do have an unkown connection. I wonder how deep though? Will Taun react like Seme?

Amber did a 'Character Questions' thread on FA about six months ago.  Taun's biggest regret was "Not killing Owona when she had the chance".

Most of Owona's was blanked out, but what's rather fascinating is that her last thought was "..it is done."  Which disturbed me a little at the time since it reminded me of the Crucifixion.

Aurawyn

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 10, 2014, 01:32:35 PM
Amber did a 'Character Questions' thread on FA about six months ago.  Taun's biggest regret was "Not killing Owona when she had the chance".
Link Please, if you have it? *I'm about to leave for work or I would go digging*

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 10, 2014, 01:32:35 PMMost of Owona's was blanked out, but what's rather fascinating is that her last thought was "..it is done."  Which disturbed me a little at the time since it reminded me of the Crucifixion.
Most of Owona's What was blanked out? Her anwer in the same questions thread?

joshofspam

Quote from: Zebra Bug on January 10, 2014, 11:14:57 AM
Did Taun and Owona have a connection? Ok. Just reread the Cubi Leaders bonus. So they do have an unkown connection. I wonder how deep though? Will Taun react like Seme?

Most of Owona's was blanked out, but what's rather fascinating is that her last thought was "..it is done."  Which disturbed me a little at the time since it reminded me of the Crucifixion.

Maybe she was up to something that was fairly dangerous but needed to be done even at the cost of her own life in her eyes.

Maybe we might have some big gears moving that the bad guys don't know about thanks to what ever she was doing.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Mao

Quote from: Aurawyn on January 10, 2014, 02:16:08 PM
Link Please, if you have it? *I'm about to leave for work or I would go digging*

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/4796612/#cid:34539918

Quote from: Aurawyn on January 10, 2014, 02:16:08 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 10, 2014, 01:32:35 PMMost of Owona's was blanked out, but what's rather fascinating is that her last thought was "..it is done."  Which disturbed me a little at the time since it reminded me of the Crucifixion.
Most of Owona's What was blanked out? Her anwer in the same questions thread?

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/4796612/#cid:34539476

Tuyu

"Report to Taun"?

So much for my theory that the absent leaders were watching the meeting from their own realms (possibly through their representatives).

joshofspam

I feel kind of sad that we'll never really get to know her.

Things like, "did she just not join in conversation much or did she simply redirected conversations away from subjects that might give up her secrets?" and "If her sneaking up on people was more of an amusing habit or simply a natural occurring habit of hers?".

But considering they still have cubi being hunted by dragons to this day, it is a grim reminder of the problems they face.

meltingface101

Why  couldn't  they  harness  the  power  of  spiral  energy  for  good . Dammit  Mink now  you've  unleashed  something  worse
than  the  Spiral  nemesis .   
All  things  float  down  here

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tuyu on January 10, 2014, 04:54:47 PM
"Report to Taun"?

So much for my theory that the absent leaders were watching the meeting from their own realms (possibly through their representatives).
They can, sort of. As I recall, a clan leader can "see" the memories of their clan members when within a certain proximity to them.

Riddle78

And when I thought Mink couldn't get any more adorable,<PRONOUN ERROR> up and does this. <PRONOUN ERROR> was seeming remarkably stressed and on-edge since before the meeting too... Was <PRONOUN ERROR> seeing this coming? Or is <PRONOUN ERROR> scared of something else? Also,just how often does Mink mollusk up like this? Seems to be frequent,given the response from down the table.

justacritic

I feel sadly, that things are going to get darker from here on.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tuyu on January 10, 2014, 04:54:47 PM

I imagine he's going to go somewhere quiet and meditate or perform some kind of ritual to communicate with her.  It would be kind of interesting to see, but he's a minor character so I doubt the camera will follow him.

meltingface101

Quote from: justacritic on January 11, 2014, 01:36:33 AM
Darker  than Uzamaki  ? :U
I  thought  this  was  originally  a  light  hearted  comic  about  cats .

Wanderer

Quote from: meltingface101 on January 11, 2014, 08:36:48 AM
Quote from: justacritic on January 11, 2014, 01:36:33 AM
Darker  than Uzamaki  ? :U
I  thought  this  was  originally  a  light  hearted  comic  about  cats .

If DMFA even tries approaching Uzamaki levels of darkness I am SOOO gone.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 11, 2014, 08:35:16 AM
I imagine he's going to go somewhere quiet and meditate or perform some kind of ritual to communicate with her.  It would be kind of interesting to see, but he's a minor character so I doubt the camera will follow him.

It's more that he'll have to temporarily leave the Academy to get in touch with Taun.  There's not really a way for folks to direct connect to their leaders while in the Academy.  Oddly enough, even the avatars present will not be able to inform the actual real-versions of themselves what happened until they leave, so there is that weird scenario where if something did happen to them that off'd them in the Academy, the actual version would not be aware of the details or what all the avatar had learned while there.  Just that the connection to their avatar was severed.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 11, 2014, 11:37:36 AM
Oddly enough, even the avatars present will not be able to inform the actual real-versions of themselves what happened until they leave, so there is that weird scenario where if something did happen to them that off'd them in the Academy, the actual version would not be aware of the details or what all the avatar had learned while there.  Just that the connection to their avatar was severed.

The projections are actually autonomous?  That I did not expect.  

EDIT: In fact, does that mean Copy-of-Zezzuva would survive the real one's death?

ArchTeryx

Quote from: Wanderer on January 11, 2014, 09:16:40 AM

I SERIOUSLY doubt that Amber'd ever try to turn DMFA into a horror comic.  We already went there with Jack (which Mab actually chibified!).  The Matilda and Abel backstories are as close, I think, as she'll ever get...and while they're mature (and occasionally very dark) they're Mr. Rogers Neighborhood compared to Uzumaki.

I think Amber was much more satirizing Uzumaki (if she had thought of it at all) then anything.  Leave it to Mink to turn the Eldritch Abomination spirals into something funny. ^.^

(Edit to correct a major flaw in my argument: the backstory arcs)

Mischa

*hands out cinnamon swirl cookies to... well, everyone, since quoting people would take far too long*

I kind of doubt Amber was parodying Uzumaki, although now I'm curious if she's ever heard of it.  It's more that Uzumaki is one of those things that, after you've heard of it, every reference to spirals makes you think of it... *shudders*

I consider myself fortunate that I haven't actually read Uzumaki... like Wanderer, I've only read about it.  Well, I did read the page where the navy showed up to try and help out the village, and then... GIANT WHIRLPOOL.  D:

Amber Williams

No.  If the actual Zezzuva ceases to exist, it would pretty much wipe the copies out as well.  A better way to think of them would be the actual clan leader is some central mega computer hub and the avatars act like little mobile apps.  They can do stuff, and usually when there is a connection to the main hub they can relay information instantly and directly, but they can also for a time function on their own.  However they have a short battery life without a connection and would need to re-connect to the main hub.  So you can't have a scenario where an avatar has gone rogue for hundreds of years and became a separate entity or anything like that.

As for Uzumaki, I have read the series.  However Mink's curling is not really meant to be a reference to that but more that a few times now when Mink has shown to be distressed, the tentacles always curl up.  So the idea that Mink has stressed to the point of mega-curling into oneself made me laugh.  Nothing more.

meltingface101

Quote from: Wanderer on January 11, 2014, 09:16:40 AM

considering  how  it  started  out  with  light  hearted  pop culture  references , then  progressively  got  more  serious  up  to  the point  of  hinting  at  a  vast cosmos  run  by  entities  that  even  the  Fae  avoid . 

This  is  a  verse  where  tentacled  horrors could  be  lurking  in  the  shadows  or  wearing  the  skin  of  your  loved  ones .Yet  the setting  has  actually  gotten  more  optimistic  overall .

Amber  have  you  ever  read  All  Tomorrows , a  few  of  your  creatures  carry  a  similar  feel  in  them .

joshofspam

Well Mink does seem to take after some aquatic mytho's and Mink's clan leader does appear like she's a mix between a bunny and an aquatic snake.......It wouldn't be surprising if a the clan has a wide variety of aquatic traits and  natural abilities. Despite what one might think, Fa'lina's bust isn't that large in avatar form. But octopuses have been know to fit into rather tight spaces.

Hmmmmmmmmm....Considering the aquatic theme, is it possible that Zezzuva's little surprise this meeting might not have been the first success of breeding with a previously incompatible race?

ArchTeryx

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 11, 2014, 01:01:40 PM
As for Uzumaki, I have read the series.  However Mink's curling is not really meant to be a reference to that but more that a few times now when Mink has shown to be distressed, the tentacles always curl up.  So the idea that Mink has stressed to the point of mega-curling into oneself made me laugh.  Nothing more.

Really, it was nearly as funny as Abel's little sojourn under the popcorn bowl.  Him and Mink could give each other lessons.