2013/02/16 [Matilda # 2] Who could this be?

Started by It-Or-Whatever-I-Am, February 16, 2013, 10:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

I am known as it, because I have no designation outside that and I would rather it stay like that.

Otherwise Have a good day Sir/Ma'am.

Vanvidum

We don't often see Amber do big muscular males, but I've got to complement her on Exposition Tiger. He looks hunky!

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

Quote from: Vanvidum on February 16, 2013, 10:30:28 PM
We don't often see Amber do big muscular males, but I've got to complement her on Exposition Tiger. He looks hunky!

I've got to agree, also, am I the only one who find those yellow lizards cute?
I am known as it, because I have no designation outside that and I would rather it stay like that.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: It-Or-Whatever-I-Am on February 16, 2013, 10:45:27 PM
Quote from: Vanvidum on February 16, 2013, 10:30:28 PM

I've got to agree, also, am I the only one who find those yellow lizards cute?

Personally, I think that she did an excellent job on Ketja.  I think that eastern-dragon-like Mythos is the cutest part of this page.

Also, is the numbering off for the title of this thread?  I just now noticed the thread's title is [Matilda # 2], but the page is Ma_003.php.  I think it's because the pages start at one, but the threads were started at zero, because of how the title page is perceived as zero but Amber enumerated it as one.

Icon by Sunblink

Zebra Bug

I find the yellow lizards INCREDIBLY adorable. I would totally take some home with me. <3

And as for Ketja, she is just as adorable. I love her eyes the most, and her expressions are very well done. Her whole design is just inspired. I know she is a personal character of someone, but still. She is goregeous.

And...wait, they live IN the valcano?! I knew they lived on the island with a valcano....but not IN it. Very awesome.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Tuyu

Quote from: ChaosMageX on February 17, 2013, 12:42:06 AM
Also, is the numbering off for the title of this thread?
The current page is called Page Two on the main page for the Bonus Arc:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Arch_Matilda.php

If this is the typical reaction to the lizards, they'd make excellent sentries.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tuyu on February 17, 2013, 01:58:12 AM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on February 17, 2013, 12:42:06 AM
Also, is the numbering off for the title of this thread?
The current page is called Page Two on the main page for the Bonus Arc:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Arch_Matilda.php

If this is the typical reaction to the lizards, they'd make excellent sentries.

Ah, that's what confused me.  However, since there isn't an additional disclaimer page, one would think it would have been easy enough for Amber to enumerate them from zero instead of one so that the page number didn't conflict with the actual title number.

Icon by Sunblink

Nino

Quote from: ChaosMageX on February 17, 2013, 03:46:43 AM
Ah, that's what confused me.  However, since there isn't an additional disclaimer page, one would think it would have been easy enough for Amber to enumerate them from zero instead of one so that the page number didn't conflict with the actual title number.

Man, first world problems right there.

llearch n'n'daCorna

In respect to the additional unworded page, which isn't unworded at all...

...sssssSSSSSSS! ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: It-Or-Whatever-I-Am on February 16, 2013, 10:21:32 PM
Now I wonder what certain taur is this?

I woke up in the night, read the comic and went back to sleep.  The obvious answer is that it's Matilda on the lam.  But in my sleep I realised that it could actually be someone hostile, hunting Matilda.

If we assume that it is Matilda, it's possible that she doesn't yet speak the common tongue.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

It's also possible we'll find out in a week. ;P

(sorry, had to)

joshofspam

"Leaping  lizards!"

Certainly are friendly lizards in the area.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Zebra Bug

well, if it were already Matilda, it would not be much of a backstory, unless she grants these adventurers the wonders of Flashback.  :mowtongue

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 17, 2013, 08:11:13 AM

I woke up in the night, read the comic and went back to sleep.  The obvious answer is that it's Matilda on the lam.  But in my sleep I realised that it could actually be someone hostile, hunting Matilda.

If we assume that it is Matilda, it's possible that she doesn't yet speak the common tongue.

I really hope that it isn't Matilda, or if it is, that there's a flashback at some point.  I'm going to be seriously disappointed if this story doesn't at least show a shot of Matilda defeating her brother and a little bit more insight into the culture of the Blue Volcano Mythos.

Icon by Sunblink

joshofspam

Quote from: ChaosMageX on February 17, 2013, 02:00:03 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 17, 2013, 08:11:13 AM

I really hope that it isn't Matilda, or if it is, that there's a flashback at some point.  I'm going to be seriously disappointed if this story doesn't at least show a shot of Matilda defeating her brother and a little bit more insight into the culture of the Blue Volcano Mythos.

Well to approach it practically.

The only possibility doesn't have to be Matilda. Her father was considered by her to be a eccentric. Maybe her tribe was well to do in her fathers time because he was more open to the outside world and commenced with trades and interactions with outsiders.

You never know. From what we heard her say about her father, he sounded like an interesting member of his people.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

KV1NN4

Do some of you seriously think this side story is going to be over in 3 pages or something? o.O

The Side-story war was about Matilda's backstory...which she doesn't like talking about, which from what I understood during her dinner conversation with Dan, is how she was exiled to begin with...not a backstory about her getting integrated into Being society and setting up shop.

Although I guess she wouldn't like talking about the inncoent adventurers she incinerated before she found out not all other sentients would be hostile against her...nor talking about all the paperwork and learning about money and what she could and couldn't eat could be more things she'd prefer not to mention or be embarrassed about.

...Does sweet Matilda have the guilt of eating 4 folks on a nature walk hiding behind her cheery demeanour? Or has been Tax Evading for the last 10 years?

Or, y'know, this could lead to a shot of an adorable baby Matilda out for a walk with her eccentric daddy. 8D
...And HE eats the Adventurers. : |

Welp, those were nice cameos while they lasted! 8D
~K. *: )

Tapewolf

Quote from: KV1NN4 on February 17, 2013, 04:28:48 PM
Do some of you seriously think this side story is going to be over in 3 pages or something? o.O
That would be stupid.  But about 5 pages of framing story and a huge gob of flashback while she tries to get them to take her back with them would be a perfectly sensible structure for a story like this.

nguard

wonder if this will wind up like Abel's Story and blow up into 200+ pages. Wonder if taurs are easier for amber to draw than spots?

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

Quote from: nguard on February 17, 2013, 09:08:44 PM
wonder if this will wind up like Abel's Story and blow up into 200+ pages. Wonder if taurs are easier for amber to draw than spots?

If that does happen, we better hope there a tad bit easier or Amber will (figuratively) kill herself drawing this...

Prroul

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 17, 2013, 06:21:49 AM

...sssssSSSSSSS! ;-]
That'ssss a nice sssssstrip you got there...

Tuyu

Quote from: Prroul on February 17, 2013, 10:14:48 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 17, 2013, 06:21:49 AM

...sssssSSSSSSS! ;-]
That'ssss a nice sssssstrip you got there...
Dudes, RUOK? You seem to be leaking...  :mowhappy

Jasae Bushae

personally im hoping the matilda story at least touches on how a pennyless exile from an island in the middle of nowhere of a subspecies of mythos noted for violence, territorialness (and only sending their criminals out of their lands) went on to have a bustling and successful story, a house and become a citizen ofo at least enough regard not to cause second looks.

it would be so fun~ we would find out more about the primary culture of the setting, how immigration works and how Matilda managed to do so well for herself beyond 'when i started i had nothing and with hard work i now have my own shop'

saying that though, with a cover page like what we saw i doubt very much that we will be missing out on anything XD

im going to put forth the hopeful theory that the story will be about Matilda coming into the main world and learning to fit in with frequent flashbacks culminating in Matilda finally getting her own shop/tearing off her brothers arm in an odd 'telling two stories at once' sorta thing (which is admittedly a long shot but i think it would be sooooo coool~ ^^; )
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Wildy

Anyone have a link to the lizard's take on this panel?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Wildy on February 24, 2013, 10:21:59 AM
Anyone have a link to the lizard's take on this panel?

Not the original, but she did upload it to FA here, if that helps:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/9953787/

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears