2013/02/10 [DMFA #1377] - Amber's got a new haircut...

Started by ChaosMageX, February 11, 2013, 12:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

...and I like it, mostly because of how cute it is when combined with her bunny:

Also, this Questions from Readers was a bit funny, although it would have been better if she had drawn a chibi Jyrrus jumping at the sound of that bag popping. :giggle

Icon by Sunblink

Zebra Bug

Very cute. The haircut and the bunny. And also....poor abused Jyrras. Can comfort him with "It's for science!"

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Tuyu

He's what, about a meter tall?  That's pretty darn good. Makes me wonder if that's better than his dad could do, since he's got the 'roo genes.

Verkanon

For science might comfort him but it may make him outraged to be a lab roo rat
Never underestimate the power language imparts. Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can break hearts.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Zebra Bug on February 11, 2013, 01:14:46 AM
Very cute. The haircut and the bunny. And also....poor abused Jyrras. Can comfort him with "It's for science!"

That bunny is not only very cute, but also very big as well.  I can't help but wonder if Kettle leaves equally large presents for Amber and Mason around their house. >:3

I still really wish she would have drawn a chibi Jyrrus like when she drew him here, but I guess this is a reasonable consolation:

I think that Abel might have accidentally ingested something from that little lab roo rat's laboratory. xD

Icon by Sunblink

LoneHowler

I was curious after this and googled "How high can a kangaroo rat jump." Turns out to be about 6 feet. Jyras should join a basketball team, they'd never expect to see the slam dunks come from a little guy
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

ChaosMageX

Quote from: LoneHowler on February 11, 2013, 03:06:06 AM
I was curious after this and googled "How high can a kangaroo rat jump." Turns out to be about 6 feet. Jyras should join a basketball team, they'd never expect to see the slam dunks come from a little guy

Heh, if that's the case, I wonder if the Furrae version of Muggsy Bogues would be a kangeroo rat? :3

Icon by Sunblink

Zebra Bug

Real Kangaroo rats can jump six feet? They are like....2-4 inches at the shoulder, teensy little beasties. So... considering that he is a little bigger than that...Jyrras should be able to jump like....12 feet or something. Some deer can jump that high actually, which is darn impressive.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

LionHeart

Quote from: Verkanon on February 11, 2013, 02:07:01 AM
For science might comfort him but it may make him outraged to be a lab roo rat

Jyrras, grumbling from "off-panel": "You could have just asked me, you know..."
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Ignuus66

That bunny looks like a fluffball with a nose.  :P

(credit: Gabi)

icarus

the 'pop!' lettering looks very nice. A++ effect, would enjoy again.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

joshofspam

Interesting way to test out that question for a person that has been known to jump at his own shadow and to show Amber's new haircut.

Hmmmmmmm...I wonder if it's ever been asked what Deeb's favorite Balloon shape is or what Macy's favorite weapons armaments are?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Naldru

Quote from: Zebra Bug on February 11, 2013, 11:17:33 AM

Real Kangaroo rats can jump six feet? They are like....2-4 inches at the shoulder, teensy little beasties. So... considering that he is a little bigger than that...Jyrras should be able to jump like....12 feet or something. Some deer can jump that high actually, which is darn impressive.

You are forgetting the implications of the square/cube law which results in smaller animals being able to jump much higher in relation to their height than larger animals.  (Essentially the weight goes up with the cube of the size, while the muscles only go up with the square.)

My daughter once asked me if I viewed every question as an engineering problem.  Certainly, I replied.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Naldru on February 11, 2013, 06:18:48 PM

You are forgetting the implications of the square/cube law which result in smaller animals being able to jump much higher in relation to their height than larger animals.  (Essentially the weight goes up with the cube of the size, while the muscles only go up with the square.)

My daughter once asked me if I viewed every question as an engineering problem.  Certainly, I replied.

Hmm, that makes sense. I wasn't really thinking Jyrras could jump equivalent (which would be like...24-30 feet) to his base animal, but well......no, in fact, 6 feet is impressive anyways. So whatever. Poor Jy.

Nino

Quote from: Naldru on February 11, 2013, 06:18:48 PM

You are forgetting the implications of the square/cube law which result in smaller animals being able to jump much higher in relation to their height than larger animals.  (Essentially the weight goes up with the cube of the size, while the muscles only go up with the square.)

My daughter once asked me if I viewed every question as an engineering problem.  Certainly, I replied.

Also it needs to be taken into account that Jyrras is not simply a larger version of the animal but is much more similar to a human in terms of body structure and musculature, so his physical abilities should be much closer to that of a person than that of an actual Kangaroo rat.

Also Amber's the only one who can pull off mustard yellow. Ever.

MT Hazard

Kind of unrelated question here. I've seen some of Ambers other art around the net and the forum but not on the main site, can anyone tell me were it is hosted?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on February 12, 2013, 10:09:35 AM
Kind of unrelated question here. I've seen some of Ambers other art around the net and the forum but not on the main site, can anyone tell me were it is hosted?

This one?  http://mabsland.com/

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 12, 2013, 10:16:52 AM

This one?  http://mabsland.com/

No that one, I know of three
* www.missmab.com is the main one
* http://mabsland.com/ rarely has updates, last update was in 2008 (ish)
* http://www.furaffinity.net/user/missmab/ - occasional updates

I'm convinced there is another site out there.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: MT Hazard on February 12, 2013, 10:36:49 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 12, 2013, 10:16:52 AM

This one?  http://mabsland.com/

No that one, I know of three
* www.missmab.com is the main one
* http://mabsland.com/ rarely has updates, last update was in 2008 (ish)
* http://www.furaffinity.net/user/missmab/ - occasional updates

I'm convinced there is another site out there.

Well, there are some hidden places full of images on http://www.missmab.com/, such as wry and derp, if that's what you mean.

Icon by Sunblink

Mao

And those aren't really "hidden" as you can find out about them by following her twitter.  They're just kinda spots she dumps stuff that she doesn't necessarily feel like sharing as official stuff.  Though I'd encourage you to not nose around them too much.  I know that in the past she's used them to temporarily host people's commissions and some folks get *really* touchy about other people seeing their commissions.

Amber Williams

I usually tend to put random things into the WRY directory...though bewarned sometimes its just stuff I found on the internet (and may not even be Safe for Work) and uploaded to show a friend and then forgot about them.   the Derp directory I set up to be more a holding directory for silly stuff that possibly relates to the site more.

That said, as Mao pointed out, some of the subdirectories in there I use as a temp holding for folks commissions (basically I upload a hi rez version for them to grab) and while 99% of the folks are pretty easygoing, there is always a chance one of them may not be down with other folks grabbing the hi rez file of their commissioned art. 

I'd say general rule of thumb is if its a rar file, please be nice and leave those alone. c:

Zebra Bug

SInce I have no idea what half of that stuff means, I think the commissions are fairly safe from me.  :mowtongue

MT Hazard

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 12, 2013, 01:41:29 PM
I usually tend to put random things into the WRY directory...though bewarned sometimes its just stuff I found on the internet (and may not even be Safe for Work) and uploaded to show a friend and then forgot about them.   the Derp directory I set up to be more a holding directory for silly stuff that possibly relates to the site more.

That said, as Mao pointed out, some of the subdirectories in there I use as a temp holding for folks commissions (basically I upload a hi rez version for them to grab) and while 99% of the folks are pretty easygoing, there is always a chance one of them may not be down with other folks grabbing the hi rez file of their commissioned art. 

I'd say general rule of thumb is if its a rar file, please be nice and leave those alone. c:

Fair enough. I'll keep all of that in mind.

Thanks everybody.

Brunhidden

man i remember when that had some adult material, and then ambers mom stumbled upon something involving a turtle and leather....

how far we have come

mental palate cleanser- photoshop overalls and a hat with 'JJ' on jyrras, add italian accent
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Zebra Bug

I'm curious as to where Fluffy has gotten to.

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 12, 2013, 09:46:33 PM

mental palate cleanser- photoshop overalls and a hat with 'JJ' on jyrras, add italian accent

Hmm...and would this Italian JJ be....a plumber by chance?

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

QuoteI think that Abel might have accidentally ingested something from that little lab roo rat's laboratory.

I think Abel was mocking J and how he seems to be crushing a lot recently, but that just might be me
I am known as it, because I have no designation outside that and I would rather it stay like that.

Otherwise Have a good day Sir/Ma'am.

Zebra Bug

Quote from: It-Or-Whatever-I-Am on February 13, 2013, 05:07:19 PM
QuoteI think that Abel might have accidentally ingested something from that little lab roo rat's laboratory.

I think Abel was mocking J and how he seems to be crushing a lot recently, but that just might be me

Not just you. The first thought I had when I saw that picture was that Abel was mocking Jy. I never thought he was being the least little bit serious. Not that I think he was being malicious either. Just teasing.

Cow Bell Man

I have to say the best action in this comic is the fact that it all went off in my head.

Also, I think it's a cute hair cut. I can only guess that it took Amber a few hours to think on what to do with it. I think it's awesome.

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

QuoteQuote
I think that Abel might have accidentally ingested something from that little lab roo rat's laboratory.

Not just you. The first thought I had when I saw that picture was that Abel was mocking Jy. I never thought he was being the least little bit serious. Not that I think he was being malicious either. Just teasing.

I didn't mean yo say he was doing it maliciously, I did mean just teasing, but it came out wrong.
I am known as it, because I have no designation outside that and I would rather it stay like that.

Otherwise Have a good day Sir/Ma'am.

Zebra Bug

Quote from: It-Or-Whatever-I-Am on February 14, 2013, 08:39:46 AM
QuoteQuote
I think that Abel might have accidentally ingested something from that little lab roo rat's laboratory.

I didn't mean yo say he was doing it maliciously, I did mean just teasing, but it came out wrong.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply YOU thought so, I was covering for myself. Since 'mocking' can be pretty negative. Sorry about that.  :mowtongue