2013/02/07 [DMFA #1376] - Fae and a Paintbrush

Started by Zebra Bug, February 07, 2013, 11:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebra Bug

Well, Jyrras is taking it rather well, all told. And it's nice that Abel feels open enough to explain this, knowing it is hard to believe. The paint is coming off rather easily. I would think that paint in fur would be super hard to remove, but I guess Mab used water soluble paint. Nice of her.  :mowtongue

And while Jyrras seems willing to accept what Abel is telling him, and Pyroduck will likely concur, Alexsi and Wildy will be harder to convice. Dan...well, he is likely hearing a lot about his mother at the academy, so may accept the fact that she is a sociopath, but, he also may not want to accept it. Lorenda will not have a problem, she never knew Destania, and she's a Demon...so would know how bad some Cubi could be I think. Mab and Pip....probably already know. At least Mab does when she is omniscient. Which she currently is not. Would she be willing to believe Abel? I think so.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

joshofspam

Well Jyrras doesn't exactly fully believe Abel. He's taking well enough to seem to actually consider what Abel is telling him. Ducky might be easier to convince, maybe even Wildy considering her nature.

Though Dan and Alexsi might be a harder sell. Though considering what Destania told Alexsi before she left, all Abel most likely would have to do is say the word "dragon" alone and clue her into how much potential trouble she's in. I wonder how Alexsi and Dan will take Abel's little realization or will Abel even tell them?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

InsanityRequiem

Gah! For some reason, the pages all feel so cliffhangery to me!  :<

But I do have to say, Jyr in panel four looks like he's getting a good catch of Abel's rear end there. :U

Do have to say, it's gonna be a tough battle for Abel these following weeks I'd think.
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Tuyu

Quote from: Zebra Bug on February 07, 2013, 11:15:44 PM
The paint is coming off rather easily. I would think that paint in fur would be super hard to remove, but I guess Mab used water soluble paint. Nice of her.  :mowtongue
Thank goodness she didn't use water soluble magic on his injuries.

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Tuyu on February 08, 2013, 12:50:55 AM

Thank goodness she didn't use water soluble magic on his injuries.

Yes.....that would have been unfortunate.

Quote from: InsanityRequiem on February 08, 2013, 12:24:33 AM
Gah! For some reason, the pages all feel so cliffhangery to me!  :<

But I do have to say, Jyr in panel four looks like he's getting a good catch of Abel's rear end there. :U

Do have to say, it's gonna be a tough battle for Abel these following weeks I'd think.

A lot of these pages seem cliffhangery (I like that word :mowmeep ) to me, especially when it is a scene change.  But I dunno, the last panel with them talking about Fae eccentricities seems to...lessen the tension a little. Soften things.

And I agree with you about Jy totally checking Abel's butt. And what a nice butt it is.  :mowtongue

Also....just got to say I love the detail of the bathroom and so forth.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

InsanityRequiem

Ya know, having reread this page the... 6th?... time, I gotta feel sads for Biggs. Looking at his broken mug. Me thinks it's a personal cup, from Wildy. It does say #1 Bro on it. I give Biggs all my d'awws and hugs. :hug

Now I ponder what Wildy will do when she learns that Biggs' mug broke. If it is from Wildy.
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Tapewolf

Pity we don't know how much Abel has told Jyrras.  For instance, did he just say "she probably wants me dead" or did he explain her reasons for wanting it?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brunhidden

all i think of when i see this is - 'seriously, has amber been taking booty lessons?'
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

Also, did anyone notice the little smiley face in the corner of the mirror in panels 5 and 6?
I am known as it, because I have no designation outside that and I would rather it stay like that.

Otherwise Have a good day Sir/Ma'am.

Zebra Bug

Quote from: It-Or-Whatever-I-Am on February 08, 2013, 09:52:56 AM
Also, did anyone notice the little smiley face in the corner of the mirror in panels 5 and 6?

*blinks and rushes to recheck the page* OMG!  :mowdizzy No I did not notice that! Ok...so mirror steamed up, Abel took a shower than. Never thought about it....but showering while covered in fur? *snickers* Wow. And has Jyrras been here while Abel was showering? Like, was Abel explaining everything to him while he was in the shower? And Jyrras just hanging out on the counter, drawing smiley faces in the steamed mirror?  :mowninja

joshofspam

Quote from: InsanityRequiem on February 08, 2013, 02:39:28 AM
Ya know, having reread this page the... 6th?... time, I gotta feel sads for Biggs. Looking at his broken mug. Me thinks it's a personal cup, from Wildy. It does say #1 Bro on it. I give Biggs all my d'awws and hugs. :hug

Now I ponder what Wildy will do when she learns that Biggs' mug broke. If it is from Wildy.

Either that or he's contemplating what he's just learned from Destania and how it will complicate his own relationship with his sister as he considers the broken mug. Probably quite a bit that would be going through his mind right now after all that.

I'm getting the feeling that Biggs is getting too deep in all that crazy.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Zebra Bug

Quote from: joshofspam on February 08, 2013, 11:40:40 AM

Either that or he's contemplating what he's just learned from Destania and how it will complicate his own relationship with his sister as he considers the broken mug. Probably quite a bit that would be going through his mind right now after all that.

I'm getting the feeling that Biggs is getting too deep in all that crazy.

Yes, I was given the impression that he was worried about Wildy, and contempating Destania's actions. And how everything he tresures is so fragile, easily broken. He may be feeling a little helpless at the moment too. Certainly not happy.

Lego3400

I just noticed Abel has his headwings out but not his backwings. I wonder what why that is.

KV1NN4

Maybe Amber just doesn't want his back-wings covering up all the background...or being covered by word bubbles, or something?

Or covering up Jyrras in the last 2 panels...since he's not really background...
Hm...wonder if his wings will be spotless again when he brings them out...

Not sure if he showered or just washed himself using the sink and a cloth.

~K. *: )

Shadowdancer

I think Destania is a lot like Kira - she won't hurt family, and friends of family, but Abel is a new friend to Dan and has a history with Destania to boot.
I'm guessing she was nice just to accommodate Edward, but I doubt she was ever reformed.
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

Naldru

Kria might not hurt family, but Destania is very willing to risk Alexsis.

With regard to the back wings, I was just envisioning trying to fit in a shower or bathtub with wings.  Of course, the shower there could be a modified design to suit Destania and Dan.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tuyu

Quote from: KV1NN4 on February 09, 2013, 08:28:11 PM
Hm...wonder if his wings will be spotless again when he brings them out...
His wings aren't really "gone", they're resized/reshaped into the rest of his body, so when he has removed all the paint, that should include them as well.