CV RPG: Real life?

Started by Castle Pokemetroid, August 30, 2006, 09:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Pokemetroid

I wonder how the CV RPG charaters whould sound if they were real?

Also, why isn't there an animated CV RPG? Those are cool!

Darkmoon

An animated CVRPG would require enough frames to convincingly animate. Currently there aren't enough frames in existences for any of the characters (except for maybe Frankie and Mummy) to animate them.

If someone eventually came along and did the "in-betweening" for the characters, maybe animated adventures would happen.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Gabi

What about a radio project?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Darkmoon

I dunno. I would assume that's feasible, sure... I hadn't really though about something like that.

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: Darkmoon on August 30, 2006, 10:08:07 PM
An animated CVRPG would require enough frames to convincingly animate. Currently there aren't enough frames in existences for any of the characters (except for maybe Frankie and Mummy) to animate them.

If someone eventually came along and did the "in-betweening" for the characters, maybe animated adventures would happen.

Oh. I wish I could make those sprites . . . Actually, did ya see the weapon sprites I made?

Could there at least be another animated DSWC? (What dose it stand for anyway?) How long do those take? If it's too time costly, you don't have ta do it ya know!

I just love the animated ones! Very cool! Just wish there was more than one . . .

Darkmoon

Look at the top of most all the DSWC comics to see what it stands for.

As for animated episodes, yeah, I intended to do more than one... It's just that after I started that project, i got a job... and that ate up a lot of my dev time. It took a comic that normally took me 15 minutes to a half an hour to do and made it take 8 hours. I don't have 8 hours most days to spend on the comics.

However, I will probably do another comic or two in animation when I have the time and it seems necessary for the plot.

Castle Pokemetroid

8 hours? I guess I'll just wait then when you put it in when nessary.

Looking at all of that donations Amber gets, dose she even have job?

And do I ask too many questions?

Darkmoon

She doesn't have a job. DMFA is her job.

Castle Pokemetroid

Now I fully understand that . . . She makes great comics.

How long dose it take to make one and why hasn't there been another drawn CV RPG? I miss those.

Damaris

All told, it takes Amber roughly 8 hours to draw, ink, and color a DMFA comic.  She does much less in the way of shading and such with CVRPG comics, but that is why they are fewer and farther between.  It is hard for her to find time with all her other art obligations.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Castle Pokemetroid

Oh . . . Thanks ya all! :mowwink Thanks for the answers!

Too bad it takes so much time to make a CV RPG one. Those are kick ass! How long dose it take to make a poster?

Damaris

I believe that she usually spends 10 to 20 hours on artwork for a wallpaper/poster/etc.  They're usually much bigger and more complex than the comics, and I believe she amps up the coloring as well to make it even more realistic.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Castle Pokemetroid

I see. I asked those questions so I would know and appreciate her hard work more.

How long dose it take for a CV RPG/DSWC? (Not as much as DMFA for sure)

Damaris

Depending on the length of the comic, they take fifteen minutes to 2 hours each (it depends on if a custom sprite recolor is needed)

Castle Pokemetroid

There is one more thing I'm wondering about: If you sign up in the CV RPG forum, then do you also have forum info in the DMFA forum too?

Damaris

This *is* the DMFA forum.  It just recently merged here, which is why the link on the DMFA site still goes to the Nice.

Castle Pokemetroid

Oh, I get it. Thanks again for your help!