December 21st, 2012

Started by Janus Whitefurr, December 20, 2012, 08:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janus Whitefurr

~ iiiiiiiit's the end of the world as we know it! And I feel... fine. ~

Us rogue Australians in the future just hit the 21st and we're still here.

Try to hold in your rampant disappointment. *awaaaaaaaaaaay*

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20793972

"...this mountain will open up, aliens will emerge and any humans who happen to be hanging around nearby will be able to thumb a lift on a spaceship to safety. "

...I don't know how she managed to record that narration with a straight face.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

I was thinking the Mayans would come from underneath their pyramids either laughing at as for falling for their practical joke or it was a release date for when they come out of cryogenic sleep.

I mean fear over a date with no obvious cause of concern, that almost paints a picture in my head of the Big Person(s) rolling up his big old calendar and making sure he hits us with the December, 21, 2012, date and sends us hurtling into the sun.

It should be interesting to see how everyone takes it when the whole world has its December 21 2012. I wonder what will replace their end of the world scenario after that?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: joshofspam on December 20, 2012, 11:39:21 AM
I wonder what will replace their end of the world scenario after that?

Probably another Rapture prediction.  How many Raptures are we supposed to have had by now?

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Kafzeil

Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Qilby

I'm praying for mayhem;
I'm praying for tidal waves.
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kafzeil on December 20, 2012, 11:14:17 PM

Laibach and think of England?

Quote from: Qilby on December 21, 2012, 05:39:25 AM
I'm praying for mayhem;
I'm praying for tidal waves.
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.

o/~ They're rioting in Africa, they're starving in Spain...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ignuus66

Would have been an exciting birthday present from the world should it by some freak chance have happened.

On a side note a gamma ray burst from a supernova could hit earth any instant and make almost all life extinct! (chance of it happening is next to 0 though) :tmyk

(credit: Gabi)

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on December 20, 2012, 04:12:54 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on December 20, 2012, 11:39:21 AM
I wonder what will replace their end of the world scenario after that?

Probably another Rapture prediction.  How many Raptures are we supposed to have had by now?

Or maybe the 2038 Problem.  Now there's a calendar that really could cause some big problems when it rolls over if we aren't completely prepared for it by then.

Icon by Sunblink

Shax

I know this topic is old, but it's worth saying. We're still here because once again, the Doctor saved our asses. =P

Brunhidden

well, the next 'end of the world' may pass quicker then people think- supposedly this is the 'last pope', as some old timey person counted the number of popes before the end of time or some garbage.  although perhaps they did not forsee that time where there were four popes in less then a year....
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Darkmoon

Oh, he'll just find a different way to regenerate.

Popes are like Time Lords, right?
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Ignuus66

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 27, 2013, 04:00:43 PM
Oh, he'll just find a different way to regenerate.

Popes are like Time Lords, right?
I believe that there is a general rule, unlike the timelords, for the popes to regenerate as old people.

(credit: Gabi)